PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty suggestions for next patch

NotSyynx
03-19-2010, 07:51 PM
I would like to see a couple difficulty options in the next patch, or a future patch.

1: Blocking Difficulty; changing this will put block on a 0.5/1 second timer and a 1/1.5 second cooldown, forcing you to unblock after holding block for too long, this way block wont = god mode and you have to time your blocks and counters perfectly for a more difficult fight and more satisfaction.

2: Travel Difficulty; this option will remove automated jumps and grabs, manual jumps will still be performed using the (atm useless) doubletap A/X and manual grabs will still be performed using B/O. Sometimes having everything automated for you just removes the fun, yeah it looks cool, but it would be neat having more control over and, needless to say, more difficult.

3: Economy Difficulty; this option would simply double/triple prices of every item in shops.

4: Combat Difficulty; changing this will make enemies deal double damage to the player and resist grabs/counters more often

These should be options in game, except for economy, which should still be toggleable in game, though it would only apply to new games, since it would be too easy to toggle the prices of the items just because your'e a bit short on cash.

NotSyynx
03-19-2010, 07:51 PM
I would like to see a couple difficulty options in the next patch, or a future patch.

1: Blocking Difficulty; changing this will put block on a 0.5/1 second timer and a 1/1.5 second cooldown, forcing you to unblock after holding block for too long, this way block wont = god mode and you have to time your blocks and counters perfectly for a more difficult fight and more satisfaction.

2: Travel Difficulty; this option will remove automated jumps and grabs, manual jumps will still be performed using the (atm useless) doubletap A/X and manual grabs will still be performed using B/O. Sometimes having everything automated for you just removes the fun, yeah it looks cool, but it would be neat having more control over and, needless to say, more difficult.

3: Economy Difficulty; this option would simply double/triple prices of every item in shops.

4: Combat Difficulty; changing this will make enemies deal double damage to the player and resist grabs/counters more often

These should be options in game, except for economy, which should still be toggleable in game, though it would only apply to new games, since it would be too easy to toggle the prices of the items just because your'e a bit short on cash.

Jack-Reacher
03-19-2010, 07:59 PM
You can do most of this yourself, though I agree you shouldn't have to force restrictions on yourself

I just beat the game again for the 3rd time but this time I did it without ever collecting money from the villa chest. After collecting all treasure chests I don't have enough money to get all the armor.

I am also leaving buying armor and weapons till the end of the game so that also makes combat harder, also never buying or using medicine.

As for blocking, you know how when you counter randomly in a fight, you do that short animation? I think blocking should be like that, you only block for like a second so you gotta time it well, and countering would be a bit harder