PDA

View Full Version : Could this forum chaos be in preparation, a hint of anarchy?

iggadore
08-25-2005, 03:21 AM
Look at us, we're falling apart. Mods are becoming corrupt, losing power, we are all in a state of confusion. The forums are becoming an anarchy

Meanwhile, we still know nothing of splinter cell: anarchy galore.

thus I have put two and two together. What if this chaos is being careful planned and played out by ubisoft, almost as a marketing scheme, to prepare us. To get us ready for news on anarchy galore?
I mean think about it:
1. all the mods have their accounts banned. Very odd, why would a hacker only target the off topic thread in some splinter cell forum. What about four little passwords in this thread would make it time better spent hacking than say, hacking the pentagon? nothing
2. Where the hell is rhoulette in this confusion? I haven't seen her post in about a week, and she is the only one that is with ubisoft. I would have thought that she would've straightened this whole thing out by now. unless of course my idea is right.
3. We first heard about chaos theory and some some screens around june-july of last year. We haven't heard anything of the new game that comes out this spring, and what better way to advertise anarchy galore than throwing us in to, well, anarchy?

Discuss

iggadore
08-25-2005, 03:21 AM
Look at us, we're falling apart. Mods are becoming corrupt, losing power, we are all in a state of confusion. The forums are becoming an anarchy

thus I have put two and two together. What if this chaos is being careful planned and played out by ubisoft, almost as a marketing scheme, to prepare us. To get us ready for news on anarchy galore?
I mean think about it:
1. all the mods have their accounts banned. Very odd, why would a hacker only target the off topic thread in some splinter cell forum. What about four little passwords in this thread would make it time better spent hacking than say, hacking the pentagon? nothing
2. Where the hell is rhoulette in this confusion? I haven't seen her post in about a week, and she is the only one that is with ubisoft. I would have thought that she would've straightened this whole thing out by now. unless of course my idea is right.
3. We first heard about chaos theory and some some screens around june-july of last year. We haven't heard anything of the new game that comes out this spring, and what better way to advertise anarchy galore than throwing us in to, well, anarchy?

Discuss

scworld
08-25-2005, 03:23 AM
You see ghosts.

Splinterz_1
08-25-2005, 03:28 AM
I hope SC4 will be announced soon, but I think what you're saying is ****

iggadore
08-25-2005, 03:42 AM
Don't flame me it was just an idea.

Tfrogs1
08-25-2005, 03:57 AM
Rhoulette closed the mods-saying-goodbye thread today... however, she didn't mention the current problems.
I don't think the banned mods would have agreed to this though... what if people thought it was really RoaringMad Mac, and his reputation was ruined until Ubi let the truth out? And I'm sure they wouldn't want to look like newbs because of their registration dates and post numbers they now have because their accounts were deleted...
Anyway, Ubisoft is hopefully too busy fixing up SC3 to be worrying about SC4...

iggadore
08-25-2005, 04:04 AM
What if the mods werent told...

Tfrogs1
08-25-2005, 04:06 AM
Then Ubisoft are even more idiotic than we all thought...

iggadore
08-25-2005, 04:18 AM
Guess we just have to wait. If we hear anything new on anarchy in the next week we'll know what happened.

Derwen_Llewelyn
08-25-2005, 04:22 AM
*holsters her sword*

Rhoulette knows everything and the problem is under control.

The current mods are in "offline" for security reasons.

No need 2 worry.

Angel Fire
08-25-2005, 04:54 AM
And one more thing RoaringMad Mac is a police officer who is not corrupt. This is not something he would do or condone anyone doing. Things like this can hurt the forum but with you good guys we shall rise above it. Just don€t worry about this for now and keep your cool guys. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

bozibozic
08-25-2005, 05:46 AM
If we find out who did it can i fulfill my titles description? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

iggadore
08-25-2005, 05:59 AM
I know mac wasn't corrupt, not all the mods are, but several are abusing their power

BliNd-
08-25-2005, 06:48 AM
Uhh, I think that you think way to much iggadore.

I can imagine the scenario now: iggadore laying down at night, wide awake thinking about recent forums events, then it comems to him, he jums up and yells, "I got it!"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Anyway, Ubisoft is hopefully too busy fixing up SC3 to be worrying about SC4.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, we can hope, but I don;t know if it will do any good. I've basically given up on it. I think all together I may have gotten like an hour and a half of play time in with Co-op, it's so laggy and buggy.

Tfrogs1
08-25-2005, 06:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BliNd-:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tfrogs1:
Anyway, Ubisoft is hopefully too busy fixing up SC3 to be worrying about SC4.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, we can hope, but I don;t know if it will do any good. I've basically given up on it. I think all together I may have gotten like an hour and a half of play time in with Co-op, it's so laggy and buggy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oops, I forgot to add the "hint hint" to my post. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

NSAagent
08-25-2005, 08:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iggadore:

I mean think about it:

Discuss </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
try these easy steps in posting:

1. think before you post
2. do not post
3. rinse and repeat

SoulFire382
08-25-2005, 08:16 AM
Ugh, this topic is turning into a bad episode of "The Practice."

Da_shoota
08-25-2005, 09:07 AM
Why you ppl have to keep bringing this up? Just let past what happened and move on. We should have better things to talk about...

smokky1
08-25-2005, 10:29 AM
/endyourself

iggadore
08-25-2005, 11:40 AM
Jeez people it was just a little speculation, a search for a possible explaination on my part, and i'm being met with hatred and disgust.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> try these easy steps in posting:

1. think before you post
2. do not post
3. rinse and repeat </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I hope SC4 will be announced soon, but I think what you're saying is **** </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

everyone is entitled for their ideas and opinions. and in all reality I don't really believe ubisoft is pulling a covert operation as a marketing scheme. As I said before, just a search for another possible answer.

Jeez...

NSAagent
08-25-2005, 11:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iggadore:
Jeez people it was just a little speculation, a search for a possible explaination on my part, and i'm being met with hatred and disgust. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>this internet is serious business

am i right?

scworld
08-25-2005, 11:56 AM
I think there is much more going on http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif Let's pretend nothing happened and talk about things like your favourite Miss Universe http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Leprechaun9
08-25-2005, 02:34 PM
2. Where the hell is rhoulette in this confusion? I haven't seen her post in about a week, and she is the only one that is with ubisoft. I would have thought that she would've straightened this whole thing out by now. unless of course my idea is right. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe all of this doesn't have to do with SC4, but it was someone who can delete mods and stuff, like Rhoulette! Jk... or am I? *dun dun DUN*

Rhoulette
08-26-2005, 10:20 AM
<span class="ev_code_pink">Personally I like iggadore's theory. What makes you guys think we're not thinking that far ahead? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </span>

Splinterz_1
08-26-2005, 10:25 AM
So you're saying that the announcement of SplinterCell 4 is ''that far ahead''..?

XyZspineZyX
08-27-2005, 02:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rhoulette:
<span class="ev_code_pink">Personally I like iggadore's theory. What makes you guys think we're not thinking that far ahead? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL Great so my long time standing here is a direct reflection of a marketing scheme. Seems so JFKish http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Surlyduff50
08-29-2005, 01:18 PM
Hehe! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

SoulFire382
08-29-2005, 02:02 PM
*Glances around room for microphones or cameras*
Just how far ahead is ubi thinking?

...Ha! Microphones... What was I thinking? Nobody uses microphones to spy on anybody anymore!