PDA

View Full Version : external torpedoes transfer-screen blank-flickering

basiliobis
05-09-2005, 02:44 AM
Hello,
I just upgraded my u-boote to the IX D-2 model.
I have a serious problem with the external torpedoes transfer. When I drag an external torpedo to the inner slot, the weapons screen turns blanck or it starts flickering and.....the dragged torpedo simply desappears!
This is very annoying, as I can't reload any external torpedoes (no internal torpedoes left)and I will have to come back to port.
Anyone else is experiencing this problem?

basiliobis
05-09-2005, 02:44 AM
Hello,
I just upgraded my u-boote to the IX D-2 model.
I have a serious problem with the external torpedoes transfer. When I drag an external torpedo to the inner slot, the weapons screen turns blanck or it starts flickering and.....the dragged torpedo simply desappears!
This is very annoying, as I can't reload any external torpedoes (no internal torpedoes left)and I will have to come back to port.
Anyone else is experiencing this problem?

marioh99
05-09-2005, 09:23 AM
I just experienced this same problem last night for the first time. I got frustrated, especially since my previous save was all screwed up too, so I just shut down the game and haven't played it since. I'll probably try to reload the game later tonight to see if the problem is still there. If it is, I may just restart the patrol.

Col_Tibbetts
05-09-2005, 09:29 AM
Yeah I had that happen too. I think it occurs when you try to reload more than one external at a time. It went away when my crew finished the reload process.

Very annoying though. I think the IX-D2 has a few more external reloads than the devs accounted for in the code. Definately a bug.

krasoth
05-09-2005, 12:14 PM
this happened to me after weeks of constant play and no problems. loading a save game didn't help. the only thing that i had changed on my system was my video card drivers (nvidia). went from the 71.89 back to the 66.93 set. reloaded the game and problem solved. maybe it was another nvidia driver bug maybe it wasn't but switching the drivers solved it anyway.

marioh99
05-09-2005, 12:26 PM
Oh yeah, my sub was the IXC.
I've never had this problem before with either the IXB or IXC. Very strange.

I did an upgrade prior to starting the mission though, where I upgraded my batteries. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the problem though.

Cold_Gambler
05-09-2005, 12:31 PM
I've had this too. I have an ATI (Power Colour) 9600XT, so it's not an NVIDIA driver bug.

I think the external torps actually do transfer, despite the flickering. I've also found that if you place the cursor on different spots the image re-appears.

I haven't been able to determine any particular pattern to this bug, or been able to reproduce.

basiliobis
05-09-2005, 01:21 PM
I have an ATI video card, so this problems doesn't seem related to Nvidia or (probably) graphic drivers.
But I can confirm that when I'm experiencing this bug I LOST all my torpedoes (all the torpedoes that I try to transfer): if I drag a torpedo to the inner slot, the torpedo just desappear and I will not see it in the inner tube.
Also, the torpedoes slots will not shown the "black" torpedo "outline" which usually shows that the tube is empty...
SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlie901
05-09-2005, 06:07 PM
It seems the 1.2 patch fixed this very same problem for me, cause since the update I haven't had it happen yet.

WFGood
05-09-2005, 09:09 PM
I have been experiencing the same problem, but now it is even worse. Last night my IX D-2 had the same flicker problem, but I continued to play minus the 3 torpedoes that I lost. Today I cannot load any of my 4 profiles. They all load but stop on a black screen locked on Game Paused. I cannot even start a new career. I am going to have to reinstall the game.