PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with the story please?

CRUDFACE
09-17-2011, 02:18 AM
So I'm checking out the stuff from project Legacy, especially the assassin specific stuff. It doesn't add up very well too me.

1-According to this, there were a bunch of assassins, but in the games, not many, maybe like three and such as shown when giovanni Borgia had a bleeding effect flashback to his father, who not only taught people, but was with other assassins doing their final initiation into the order.

Also, when an assassin is being hunted, they have groups of assassins tracking him down.

2-Giovanni Borgia is somehow just taken out of the main plot. Skipping his birth and such, he was rescued by someone under Ezio's tutelage at the time, interacted heavily with the apple and the game never makes mention of Lucrezia's son joining the order or getting pregnant.

Is project Legacy not as cannon as I think it is? Just trying to clear my head here.

CRUDFACE
09-17-2011, 02:18 AM
So I'm checking out the stuff from project Legacy, especially the assassin specific stuff. It doesn't add up very well too me.

1-According to this, there were a bunch of assassins, but in the games, not many, maybe like three and such as shown when giovanni Borgia had a bleeding effect flashback to his father, who not only taught people, but was with other assassins doing their final initiation into the order.

Also, when an assassin is being hunted, they have groups of assassins tracking him down.

2-Giovanni Borgia is somehow just taken out of the main plot. Skipping his birth and such, he was rescued by someone under Ezio's tutelage at the time, interacted heavily with the apple and the game never makes mention of Lucrezia's son joining the order or getting pregnant.

Is project Legacy not as cannon as I think it is? Just trying to clear my head here.

Assassin_M
09-17-2011, 02:50 AM
It is Canon but not relevant to the Video Game, so the Animus probably just skips unimportant Information or Events.

CRUDFACE
09-17-2011, 02:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
It is Canon but not relevant to the Video Game, so the Animus probably just skips unimportant Information or Events. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But isn't what happens there important enough to show? I see you re-sized your sig by the way, looks cool

LightRey
09-17-2011, 02:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
It is Canon but not relevant to the Video Game, so the Animus probably just skips unimportant Information or Events. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's not the same as the animus. It's the DDS, Data Dump Scanner. It's basically a bunch of memory data of different ancestors, which aren't necessarily related to the subjects. It simply skips certain events, because apparently they've either already been analyzed in the animus, or there's no available data on them for whatever reason.

Assassin_M
09-17-2011, 05:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
It's not the same as the animus. It's the DDS, Data Dump Scanner. It's basically a bunch of memory data of different ancestors, which aren't necessarily related to the subjects. It simply skips certain events, because apparently they've either already been analyzed in the animus, or there's no available data on them for whatever reason. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I was speaking from the Desmond side of things, referring to the Animus skipping the events mentioned or relieved in PL

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I see you re-sized your sig by the way, looks cool </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

THANKS http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
and The Animus skips unimportant Information relevant to Desmond I believe..

LightRey
09-17-2011, 08:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
It's not the same as the animus. It's the DDS, Data Dump Scanner. It's basically a bunch of memory data of different ancestors, which aren't necessarily related to the subjects. It simply skips certain events, because apparently they've either already been analyzed in the animus, or there's no available data on them for whatever reason. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I was speaking from the Desmond side of things, referring to the Animus skipping the events mentioned or relieved in PL

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I see you re-sized your sig by the way, looks cool </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

THANKS http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
and The Animus skips unimportant Information relevant to Desmond I believe.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That doesn't really matter, since we're talking about Project Legacy here.

CRUDFACE
09-17-2011, 08:53 AM
You're welcome Assassin M.

I'm actually talking about both though, it just seems strange. I know the animus filters unimportant stuff, but for some odd reason didn't skip Ezio's sex scene, lol. But it feels weird that the Giovanni part of the story was completely skipped.

Doesn't really explain the absence of so many assassins, such as the ones we know and the ones that aren't there in the Ac games.

albertwesker22
09-17-2011, 08:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:

I'm actually talking about both though, it just seems strange. I know the animus filters unimportant stuff, but for some odd reason didn't skip Ezio's sex scene, lol. But it feels weird that the Giovanni part of the story was completely skipped.

Doesn't really explain the absence of so many assassins, such as the ones we know and the ones that aren't there in the Ac games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Brotherhood story, is about Desmond trying to find the apple as quickly as possible. It would be a big waste of time for them to focus on the characters you mentioned, especially if the Templars are closing in on you.

CRUDFACE
09-17-2011, 09:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by albertwesker22:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:

Doesn't really explain the absence of so many assassins, such as the ones we know and the ones that aren't there in the Ac games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Brotherhood story, is about Desmond trying to find the apple as quickly as possible. It would be a big waste of time for them to focus on the characters you mentioned, especially if the Templars are closing in on you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Half the point of Brotherhood is that the, well, brotherhood doesn't have allot of members, but Project legacy defies this since they show assassins being recruited as well as going out on missions. although the missions segments happen when Ezio's a teacher, allot of those assassins were already there.

And if Francesco was there, he could have helped move things along MUCH faster. And Giovanni had knowledge not only on the POE, but used it well and would have been an interesting plot thread to experience, something Assassin's Creed needed as there weren't many main missions/memories to go through.

Assassin_M
09-17-2011, 03:28 PM
Giovanni Borgia was a Kid in 1503, about Francesco though im with ya, he is a very Interesting Character.

LightRey
09-17-2011, 03:35 PM
ACB is about the brotherhood in Rome having few members and being in shambles, not the entire Brotherhood. The fact that there were a few assassins there doesn't say much either, since a strong brotherhood would probably have within the hundreds of members per city, not dozens.

CRUDFACE
09-17-2011, 11:33 PM
Exactly, so the members who are in Rome should be crucial to the story as they were centered around the conflict of the Borgia and should have been sued as much as possible. It's like you have the cools to do something but instead of stupidly not using the tools, they somehow fade away. Like wth, the story needs to be better tracked.

@Assassin_M: Yeah, he really was! You got to live two sets of memories with him! As a master, then later on as a student and even get some info about him through Perotto. He was so cool. Too bad I never got to see Giovanni in Assassin Robes though http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

LightRey
09-18-2011, 02:08 AM
To have added things within the storyline for the recruits would've taken way too much time I would think. Not to mention that they wanted the regular recruits to be (somewhat) customizable, so they could not really play much of a part within the storyline, especially since they're supposed to be random citizens (with randomly given names) that Ezio saves from the Borgia. It would just have taken too much effort to combine such a system into something that would allow for recruits to be an intricate part of the storyline.

CRUDFACE
09-18-2011, 02:20 AM
Not talking about recruits in general, just about named assassins that are in project Legacy. With that, even if the animus filtered some of that out, the should have at least showed the aftershock of incidents or tried to tie up some loose ends. The story line was lacking in substance though, it was more of a game where it was only filling when you did the side missions, wasn't it? And whose to say they wouldn't be customizable in some fashion?

And I'm sure ACR has promised to do everything you've listed there, and they only had one year to do it, just like brotherhood. Actually, a little more time, but it's the same considering that each game is worked on while the previous gets itself all nice and pretty for us.

To just ignore pre-made settings that were already established is pretty lazy.

LightRey
09-18-2011, 03:05 AM
Not talking about recruits in general, just about named assassins that are in project Legacy. With that, even if the animus filtered some of that out, the should have at least showed the aftershock of incidents or tried to tie up some loose ends. The story line was lacking in substance though, it was more of a game where it was only filling when you did the side missions, wasn't it? And whose to say they wouldn't be customizable in some fashion?

And I'm sure ACR has promised to do everything you've listed there, and they only had one year to do it, just like brotherhood. Actually, a little more time, but it's the same considering that each game is worked on while the previous gets itself all nice and pretty for us.

To just ignore pre-made settings that were already established is pretty lazy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Don't forget that they'd already worked out most of the ACB story when they started working on it. Not to mention that they likely didn't expect to get so far with recruits that it would be possible to give them characteristic attributes and such in the storyline. For ACR they already had a working, basic concept for the recruits, so they only had to adapt the system, which gave them more time to work them into the story.

CRUDFACE
09-18-2011, 03:36 AM

To just ignore pre-made settings that were already established is pretty lazy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Don't forget that they'd already worked out most of the ACB story when they started working on it. Not to mention that they likely didn't expect to get so far with recruits that it would be possible to give them characteristic attributes and such in the storyline. For ACR they already had a working, basic concept for the recruits, so they only had to adapt the system, which gave them more time to work them into the story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right, the basic system is there. It's like building house and putting the paint on. building is the hard part, painting, while a little tedious, is nowhere near as hard.

The thign is, they did put some things from PL in ACB. Like how you and me jsut discussed over int he other forum about the courtesan, she wasn't in the ACB story. Nor was the prowler who was trained in as an assassin and killed off in record time during PL. I'd just prefer a more consistent flow.

If the courtesan and assassins worked together for that, they could have at least had Francesco be like Ezio's personal assassin who kept watch over the others.

LH 517704 46137
09-18-2011, 03:43 AM
I always thought that this was not in the games because Desmond is reliving Ezio's memories and he hadn't crossed paths with Giovani, or if he did it was just insignificant.

CRUDFACE
09-18-2011, 03:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bigsy4321:
I always thought that this was not in the games because Desmond is reliving Ezio's memories and he hadn't crossed paths with Giovani, or if he did it was just insignificant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the thing, they adopted Giovanni into the order, and Ezio didn't know about it? As well as the assassin who brought him in is never mentioned int he game? They could have really helped out the story.

And that kid was anything but insignificant, lol, he used the apple pretty well as well as being the child of Lucrezia. And all the assassins they had running around are gone to.