PDA

View Full Version : (o/t) marines in haiti uniforms...



fulanito_chile
03-14-2004, 01:24 PM
as we were talking about the german uniforms and so on, I saw a picture in the news paper today, and i noticed that the marines are using a new camo. uniform There (Haiti).. looks much like that of the W.W.II germans (like many of you stated in the other thread) anyway never seen that colour camo on americans before so i thought i'd say... looking for a picture.

"The Chilean Airforce" (FACH) The 4th oldest in the World...

fulanito_chile
03-14-2004, 01:24 PM
as we were talking about the german uniforms and so on, I saw a picture in the news paper today, and i noticed that the marines are using a new camo. uniform There (Haiti).. looks much like that of the W.W.II germans (like many of you stated in the other thread) anyway never seen that colour camo on americans before so i thought i'd say... looking for a picture.

"The Chilean Airforce" (FACH) The 4th oldest in the World...

Zyzbot
03-14-2004, 01:54 PM
US Marines use a new "Digital" camo. Saw a show on TV about how they went through literally hundreds of designs to determine what worked best in most situations.http://www.specwargear.com/images/bdu-usmc%20ex-1.jpg

necrobaron
03-14-2004, 02:16 PM
Allegedly,this new "pixelated" camo is more effective at blending in with the surroundings.

"Not all who wander are lost."

Zyzbot
03-14-2004, 02:18 PM
Here is a site with some pictures of camo types blending in with surroundings:

http://militarymorons.com/misc/misc.html

Chuck_Older
03-14-2004, 02:30 PM
It works, results don't lie.


But 'computer-geek' prints versus 'I've hid in the jungle for 5 days just to zap YOU' tiger-stripe camo...the tiger stripe is more bad@ss

*****************************
Wave bub-bub-bub-bye to the boss, it's your profit, it's his loss~ Clash

BS87
03-14-2004, 02:33 PM
The neat thing is, on ever such and such squre of the pattern, it has the US marines logo imprinted on it.

http://www.geocities.com/bs87cr/Sigfinal1.txt

H.Keller
03-14-2004, 02:43 PM
It's too bad that Canada was the first country to develop "Digital Camoflage". Development started in 1996. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

HERE (http://www.hyperstealth.com/CADPAT-MARPAT.htm)

http://data.photodump.com/Keller/signature4il2.jpg
Meine Ehre heißt Treue!

KIMURA
03-14-2004, 02:51 PM
yeah, the best camouflage wear but the sleeves rolled up the elbows - very effective. http://www.schildersmilies.de/schilder/paranoid.gif http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifhttp://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifhttp://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifhttp://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifhttp://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

VaporBlast
03-14-2004, 03:33 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by H.Keller:
It's too bad that Canada was the first country to develop "Digital Camoflage". Development started in 1996. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Yep Canada was the first to have those uniform and the USMC bought the technology to develop their own camo to fit their areas of operation. Saw a nice documentary on Tech TV about that 3 weeks ago. Those Camo suit are literaly invisible in the forest when used properly. They are even anti IR isn't that cool ! try those sites about tjose uniforms:
http://www.army.gc.ca/cts/index_e.asp
http://www.army.gc.ca/Chief_Land_Staff/Clothe_the_soldier/hab/1/131_e.asp

This picture shows a Canadian platoon with an american soldier in Afganistan
http://www.army.gc.ca/Chief_Land_Staff/Clothe_the_soldier/hab/Photo_e.asp?Ref=131&Photo=9014/

[This message was edited by VaporBlast on Sun March 14 2004 at 02:43 PM.]

[This message was edited by VaporBlast on Sun March 14 2004 at 02:44 PM.]

fulanito_chile
03-14-2004, 03:38 PM
They were wearing the camo on the left of "Zyzbot" photo.. i thoguht it looked very much like german camo from over 60 yeras ago!

http://www.1944militaria.com/44dotpkset.jpg

Zyzbot
03-14-2004, 04:04 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by VaporBlast:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by H.Keller:
It's too bad that Canada was the first country to develop "Digital Camoflage". Development started in 1996. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Yep Canada was the first to have those uniform and the USMC bought the technology to develop their own camo to fit their areas of operation. Saw a nice documentary on Tech TV about that 3 weeks ago. Those Camo suit are literaly invisible in the forest when used properly. They are even anti IR isn't that cool ! try those sites about tjose uniforms:
http://www.army.gc.ca/cts/index_e.asp
http://www.army.gc.ca/Chief_Land_Staff/Clothe_the_soldier/hab/1/131_e.asp

This picture shows a Canadian platoon with an american soldier in Afganistan
http://www.army.gc.ca/Chief_Land_Staff/Clothe_the_soldier/hab/Photo_e.asp?Ref=131&Photo=9014/


The man who helped develop th eUSMC camo disputes that anything was bought. His comments From his site:

"*Note: I will officially dispel the current circulating rumor that the Canadians helped advise the Marine Corps on the design of MARPAT. At no point in time in any shape, form or fashion did we consult, solicit or even ask a modest opinion from the Canadians. The only thing that MARPAT lends its origin to from the Canadians is a small scrap of cloth that compelled us to try out the idea and the -PAT descriptor. You can read a version of the CADPAT myth here at http://www.hyperstealth.com/CADPAT-MARPAT.htm . You will also see how the ignoramus editor of the hyperstealth site is making a speculation as to how the insignia is hidden in the fabric. It is really interesting to hear so many rumors out there about how this "technology" was leased, borrowed, consulted etc etc. When all we did was something anyone on a home computer with Adobe Photoshop can do on their own."

rangooon
03-14-2004, 04:31 PM
what camo? all i see is two disjuncted arms and a white bldg.

http://home.bellsouth.net/coDataImages/p/Groups/118/118940/pages/277850/30.jpg

capt_frank on HL http://home.bellsouth.net/coDataImages/p/Groups/118/118940/pages/277850/girl38none.JPG

H.Keller
03-14-2004, 04:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rangooon:
what camo? all i see is two disjuncted arms and a white bldg.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

I wasn't trying to stir up anything, I was just playing on the existing argument. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

I see what you mean fulanito_chile, search "Flectarn" on Google, that's a more recent German camoflage that is even more similar to this "Nintendoflage" as I've heard it called here in Canada.

http://data.photodump.com/Keller/signature4il2.jpg
Meine Ehre heißt Treue!

der_Skorpion
03-14-2004, 07:08 PM
I work on a Marine Corps base in USA. THE sleeves are only rolled up for comfort at certain times of the year and ONLY in NON-COMBAT situations. I have walked up on some of these guys in the woods and the camo works very well. Scared the )%^( out of me. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif. So... yes it is VERY effective.
der_Skorpion
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KIMURA:
yeah, the best camouflage wear but the sleeves rolled up the elbows - very effective. http://www.schildersmilies.de/schilder/paranoid.gif http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifhttp://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifhttp://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifhttp://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifhttp://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>