PDA

View Full Version : Writing a screenplay--need some help with a story!

karamazov
05-02-2005, 07:20 AM
I just heard on the radio, a story about a Russian fighter pilot in 1945, who was shot down and captured. He was in a camp with other Russians--and a group of eight of them decided they had to escape, or they would all die of starvation.

They proceeded to club their guard, and ran half way down the runway, got into the German leader's aircraft, and managed to start it and take off. They made it home, and proceeded to be interoggated--as the Russians simply couldn't believe such an outlandish story--thinking it was a German plot. He spent the next two years in solitary confinement.

This is all I heard on the radio story--has anyone heard of this story? I would love to get the historical facts, etc.

karamazov
05-02-2005, 07:20 AM
I just heard on the radio, a story about a Russian fighter pilot in 1945, who was shot down and captured. He was in a camp with other Russians--and a group of eight of them decided they had to escape, or they would all die of starvation.

They proceeded to club their guard, and ran half way down the runway, got into the German leader's aircraft, and managed to start it and take off. They made it home, and proceeded to be interoggated--as the Russians simply couldn't believe such an outlandish story--thinking it was a German plot. He spent the next two years in solitary confinement.

This is all I heard on the radio story--has anyone heard of this story? I would love to get the historical facts, etc.

PBNA-Boosher
05-02-2005, 07:53 PM
I heard about this several years ago. It sounded highly oddballish, but it may have been possible, who knows.