PDA

View Full Version : First acb dlc to be ps3 exclusive what!!!

beaglebond
11-22-2010, 10:10 AM
"Copernicus Conspiracy" dlc to be ps3 exclusive. I dont know about you but as an xbox 360 player this feels to me like ubisoft is saying your not as big a fan and you don't deserve it. I guess the beta exclusive wasn't enough of a benefit to ps3 players. How long must we stand idly by and watch people argue over the reasons their gaming systems are better. And then have companies feed into this through provisions like this. Please post your comments below if you agree with me that a dlc shouldn't discriminate against gaming platforms and that this dlc should be made available to all simultaneously.

beaglebond
11-22-2010, 10:10 AM
"Copernicus Conspiracy" dlc to be ps3 exclusive. I dont know about you but as an xbox 360 player this feels to me like ubisoft is saying your not as big a fan and you don't deserve it. I guess the beta exclusive wasn't enough of a benefit to ps3 players. How long must we stand idly by and watch people argue over the reasons their gaming systems are better. And then have companies feed into this through provisions like this. Please post your comments below if you agree with me that a dlc shouldn't discriminate against gaming platforms and that this dlc should be made available to all simultaneously.

BloodyMoon1
11-22-2010, 10:15 AM
Ok well in all fairness, Microsoft has done this too with some other game companies. But yea, I agree that it is kinda stupid. I'm more ****ed at Sony and Microsoft that they won't make the systems able to play each other online. So many friends with Brotherhood on 360 and I can't kill them.

Anyways, I'm sure it'll be on 360 sooner or later, but I can tell you this much, for that bit of DLC, you didn't miss much.

magesupermaster
11-22-2010, 10:16 AM
That DLC pack is already out.
As you probably guessed it, Sony has payed Ubisoft to do it for the PS3.

And you are not the first nor last person to talk about this exclusive DLC.

Besides, you think Microsoft doesn't do it? Well, big news: It does!

KHRYS_24
11-22-2010, 10:18 AM
I agree. Ever since the DLC for GTA IV became an exclusive to 360 just cause MS paid them. Eventhough GTA has been on the playstation. But its all about money i guess. I bet Sony paid UBI so PS3 user can get exclusive. I don't even think it'll stay that way. Cause later on, it'll be available for DLC for all platforms anyways.

SolidSnakeMat
11-22-2010, 10:19 AM
Oh shut up xbox user. Microsoft does this a lot and even doing it for Fallout New Vegas the first DLC is for xbox exclusive. Microsoft does this stupid stuff more than sony so I don't see why this was reposted.

beaglebond
11-22-2010, 10:21 AM
If you look at the post I said gaming companies contributed to this is. This is not specific to sony or microsoft or ubisoft. Please read my post before you go saying I said microsoft is perfect, p.s. it's not.

BloodyMoon1
11-22-2010, 10:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SolidSnakeMat:
Oh shut up xbox user. Microsoft does this a lot and even doing it for Fallout New Vegas the first DLC is for xbox exclusive. Microsoft does this stupid stuff more than sony so I don't see why this was reposted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yay, someone to come and start problems. I was worried there might be a mature conversation on the forum today, thanks DramaMan.

Anyways, I'm sure in a month or two it'll be out on 360 too, the most you miss is a little more guard killing and a pain in the butt messenger mission.

magesupermaster
11-22-2010, 10:25 AM
Okay, I agree. DLC should be distributed to both consoles and PC.
Just because we want to doesn't mean it will happen.
Money makes the world go around(Maybe something else too), unless no one steps in to do something about it, we can't change it.

FrankieSatt
11-22-2010, 10:32 AM
Way to alienate half your fan base Ubi. Maybe some day you'll learn that console elitism isn't profitable in the long run.

Mr_Shade
11-22-2010, 10:33 AM
Guys..

Lets not start a fight.. anyone starting a console fanboy war will answer to me..

The DLC is available now, it's not the future DLC some may have heard about.

It is Exclusive to the Sony PS3 - it is a few side missions and does not relate to the single player main storyline.

The DLC 'Copernicus Conspiracy' will not be available on any other format.

This exclusive content was announced many months ago, as an exclusive deal with Sony, which the Beta was also part of.

Future DLC will be available on all formats.

beaglebond
11-22-2010, 10:37 AM
Im sorry I do not track dlc "many months" before a game comes out

FrankieSatt
11-22-2010, 10:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
Guys..

Lets not start a fight.. anyone starting a console fanboy war will answer to me..

The DLC is available now, it's not the future DLC some may have heard about.

It is Exclusive to the Sony PS3 - it is a few side missions and does not relate to the single player main storyline.

The DLC 'Copernicus Conspiracy' will not be available on any other format.

This exclusive content was announced many months ago, as an exclusive deal with Sony, which the Beta was also part of.

Future DLC will be available on all formats. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It doesn't matter if it's one mission or 10 missions. The problem is there shouldn't be any exclusives. Please make sure Ubi knows that we XBox users are not very happy that we have been alienated on this.

Mr_Shade
11-22-2010, 10:45 AM
They are aware, as the subject was discussed on the forums at the time it was announced.

beaglebond
11-22-2010, 10:47 AM
Aware but just dont care.

Ragnar---
11-22-2010, 10:47 AM
Let's be honest the DLC will suck anyway and will just be a pointless assassination on a pointless person who basically adds nothing to the flow of the game, just another Templar losing power.

Meh.

Ghoulishtie
11-22-2010, 11:03 AM
Bleh. Exclusive this, exclusive that. I just wish any game that is multi-console, also includes dlc for both.

Ragnar---
11-22-2010, 11:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ghoulishtie:
Bleh. Exclusive this, exclusive that. I just wish any game that is multi-console, also includes dlc for both. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, what's the point in shunning some of your fans?

Coolgerb
11-22-2010, 11:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by beaglebond:
Im sorry I do not track dlc "many months" before a game comes out </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This. I still find this new found DLC hype to be pathetic. Sure receiving updates for games is awesome, but when it gets released at the same time as the main game, what's the freakin use of not putting it in-game already but to **** your users off?

Razrback16
11-22-2010, 11:58 AM
Welcome to the world of Ubisoft favoritism.

Piflik
11-22-2010, 12:25 PM
Release-Day-DLC can be developed, when the game itself is mastered and is being produced and shipped to the various retailers...so it cannpt be put on the Disc...what ****es me of are codes you have to buy to unlock content already on the disc...

Valaquen_
11-22-2010, 01:19 PM
Guys, chill out. Even as a PS3 owner, I get exasperated but don't throw my toys out of the pram when the ecksbocks gets exclusives, as it has done with several top drawer games lately. Just shrug and move on, you're honest to god missing a couple of non-plot related courier-esque missions, it's not like Ubi cut out the end of the game on the 360 version.

BloodyMoon1
11-22-2010, 02:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Valaquen_:
it's not like Ubi cut out the end of the game on the 360 version. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good idea for the next game though, lol.

SeekReality
11-22-2010, 03:12 PM
that sucks, does the dlc add to the story much?
I have both consoles and i bought ACB for xbox since i like getting the achievements (i know there are trophies, but they add together better then ps3) and the online probably has more players online.

EvanRosner
11-22-2010, 03:22 PM
Ummmmmm... Wasn't there an exclusive xbox DLC in AC2? Or did I just think about that. I heard it somewhere...

Mr_Shade
11-22-2010, 03:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SeekReality:
that sucks, does the dlc add to the story much?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>They are side missions.. As stated...

So they add nothing to the main story line - which is the same on both formats.

FrankieSatt
11-22-2010, 04:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Valaquen_:
Guys, chill out. Even as a PS3 owner, I get exasperated but don't throw my toys out of the pram when the ecksbocks gets exclusives, as it has done with several top drawer games lately. Just shrug and move on, you're honest to god missing a couple of non-plot related courier-esque missions, it's not like Ubi cut out the end of the game on the 360 version. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You obviously didn't get the whole point of the topic. It doesn't matter what the DLC is, what matters is the XBox users are getting the shaft. Who's to say I don't want to play that? Obviously it's Ubi who's telling me I don't want to play it since they are going to keep it from me.

Exclusives are nothing but Console Elitism and it should never happen. EVERYONE deserves to play EVERYTHING that the game has, not just one console over another.

EdgarAllenPro
11-22-2010, 05:10 PM
don't worry bud,ya didn't miss much, anyway it'll get to the xbox sooner or later http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

EdgarAllenPro
11-22-2010, 05:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrankieSatt:
Guys, chill out. Even as a PS3 owner, I get exasperated but don't throw my toys out of the pram when the ecksbocks gets exclusives, as it has done with several top drawer games lately. Just shrug and move on, you're honest to god missing a couple of non-plot related courier-esque missions, it's not like Ubi cut out the end of the game on the 360 version. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You obviously didn't get the whole point of the topic. It doesn't matter what the DLC is, what matters is the XBox users are getting the shaft. Who's to say I don't want to play that? Obviously it's Ubi who's telling me I don't want to play it since they are going to keep it from me.

Exclusives are nothing but Console Elitism and it should never happen. EVERYONE deserves to play EVERYTHING that the game has, not just one console over another. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>well, buisiness is buisiness

Valaquen_
11-23-2010, 02:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrankieSatt:

Exclusives are nothing but Console Elitism and it should never happen. EVERYONE deserves to play EVERYTHING that the game has, not just one console over another. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If you want to run around Rome delivering letters or assassinating guards, you can still do that on the Xbox, albeit without defending Copernicus. That's the only miniscule difference. Console exclusives are a fact of business. It's been going on since before downloadable DLC and the Xbox generation. You can continue being angsty and complaining about "elitism", however you have managed to figure elitism into a console mission exclusive, but it smacks of shoe.other.foot. or too much free time with no real problems. Where's the complaints in people having access to missions and skins by forking out extra cash for limited editions? Not everyone has an extra /$20-30 for a few skins and levels, and EVERYONE should get access to the content, right?

FrankieSatt
11-23-2010, 06:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Valaquen_:If you want to run around Rome delivering letters or assassinating guards, you can still do that on the Xbox, albeit without defending Copernicus. That's the only miniscule difference. Console exclusives are a fact of business. It's been going on since before downloadable DLC and the Xbox generation. You can continue being angsty and complaining about "elitism", however you have managed to figure elitism into a console mission exclusive, but it smacks of shoe.other.foot. or too much free time with no real problems. Where's the complaints in people having access to missions and skins by forking out extra cash for limited editions? Not everyone has an extra /$20-30 for a few skins and levels, and EVERYONE should get access to the content, right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As long as limited editions are for BOTH consoles, I have no problem with it. You have a CHOICE on whether to spend the money or not. I have NO CHOICE on the DLC because I wasn't given one. That is the complaint here.

I didn't want the limited edition or the collectors edition. That was my choice. I wasn't given that choice about the DLC or about the demo for that matter.

You alienate half your fan base by doing this and it needs to stop.

MrLaneFox
11-23-2010, 06:53 AM
dude, its a FREE DLC SIDE MISSION.

itll be ok. seriously. ever think about the Xbox exclusive games? entire games! get over it!

beaglebond
11-23-2010, 07:30 AM
Wow i'm sorry zero your uh whats the nice word incompetent. I have said twice in this forum that this is a problem on both systems Microsoft and Sony. Why don't you read the topic before you go putting words in my mouth. It is not useful to the forum and it's a complete waste of space.

MrLaneFox
11-23-2010, 08:02 AM
incompetent? incompetent at what, exactly?

BloodyMoon1
11-23-2010, 10:14 AM
Great, and the flaming begins.

Anyways, no, they shouldn't cut people out like that, but they do, and all the whining and complaining in the world hasn't changed it yet with all the other companies that do it, nor will it ever, so why complain about it?

Do something better with your time, go cure cancer or something.

Razrback16
11-23-2010, 10:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by beaglebond:
"Copernicus Conspiracy" dlc to be ps3 exclusive. I dont know about you but as an xbox 360 player this feels to me like ubisoft is saying your not as big a fan and you don't deserve it. I guess the beta exclusive wasn't enough of a benefit to ps3 players. How long must we stand idly by and watch people argue over the reasons their gaming systems are better. And then have companies feed into this through provisions like this. Please post your comments below if you agree with me that a dlc shouldn't discriminate against gaming platforms and that this dlc should be made available to all simultaneously. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only weapon you have against dirty business practices such as these is your wallet. Don't buy the game at retail price. Wait for it to drop in price significantly (my route), or don't buy it at all.

DGLee12
11-23-2010, 10:33 AM
Regardless of whether there is exclusive DLC or not, you will stay play the game, because DLC doesn't matter. You play for the story. As Copernico has really nothing to do with the story, you will not miss out.

plasmafire11
11-23-2010, 10:36 AM
Hahahaha!!! In your project natal face Xbox fans.. Why don't u moan at M$ to sign yummy exclusives with Ubi?

PS3 1 Xbox 0 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Moan: still cant play halo.

BluePixeI
11-25-2010, 11:29 AM
I don't like exclusive DLC. But one thing I have noticed is that when PS3 gets exclusive DLC its usually free. However when Xbox gets exclusive DLC you usually have to pay for it.

mikeh1294
11-25-2010, 11:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by plasmafire11:
Hahahaha!!! In your project natal face Xbox fans.. Why don't u moan at M$ to sign yummy exclusives with Ubi?

Moan: still cant play halo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stop it. You represent the worst of the gaming community there. Try to be mature and not act like a little kid ok?

(Sorry if that comes across a little harsh)

galenwolf
11-25-2010, 11:46 AM
exclusive DLCs and PC DRM.

You do actually WANT customers right?

Every game should be cross platform for all consoles and PC - im sick and tired of this crap.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by plasmafire11:

Moan: still cant play halo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

God.. you're like an immature child, stop acting like you're 8. You're part of the reason why I never bothered with consoles since the genesis until I had to get a console to play some of the games I wanted.

It was bad enough with ATI vs Nvidia with PC gamers until realized we where not kids.

Pitalla
11-25-2010, 09:24 PM
I dont care about the exclusive thing, I wanted to use Maria Thorpes sword in my 360 game and I never could because of this kind of things.

Jack-Reacher
11-25-2010, 09:31 PM
Its crap anyway, 3 missions are time trials, the main assassination is pathetic, its so easy, the defend the AI was also a pain as he sucks

ExprtAssassin
11-25-2010, 09:36 PM
Alright guys, its not that big a deal. I have an xbox, and I am not all angry about it. If it was say, a new MP game mode, yeah I would be. But it isn't. Also here is my main thing, us xbox owners got a huge deal with MW2 resurgence pack, it was a month earlier than ps3. And that actually is a big thing for a game, just not a few unimportant things. /thread