PDA

View Full Version : Desperately seeking...the rest of my speedbar

NorrisMcWhirter
10-23-2004, 01:07 PM
Hi,

Installed PF over AEP and...hey presto..I only get the heading on my speedbar now.

Anyone else seen this/have a cure?

Cheers,
Norris

jocko417
10-23-2004, 01:13 PM
Don't have the game yet but apparently there is a toggle you can use to change/hide your speedbar, much like the icons toggle. It will go through different units of measurement (kts, mph, km/h) and 'heading only'. You may have to assign a key to it in Controls.

NorrisMcWhirter
10-23-2004, 01:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jocko417:
Don't have the game yet but apparently there is a toggle you can use to change/hide your speedbar, much like the icons toggle. It will go through different units of measurement (kts, mph, km/h) and 'heading only'. You may have to assign a key to it in Controls. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi,

Yes, you can choose the type of speedbar you want just by hitting the key you have assigned to toggle it; in my standalone PF installation, I get a nice speedbar with mph/kmh/knots readouts which I can cycle through.

On my PF over AEP, however, I don't - I just get a heading readout. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Cheers,
Norris

BuzzU
10-23-2004, 01:24 PM
That sounds like a bug. Make sure it gets reported.

TX-EcoDragon
10-23-2004, 01:48 PM
No no. . not a bug. . that is what happens when you set speedbar to the off setting in controls. It was done so that thsoe unfortunate pilots whose necks can not move such that they can see their compass may still navigate in speedbar off servers. Turn speedbar on, and you should see the full readout. Also, you should still be able to toggle the speedbar on/off/ and set the unit type.

Smokin256
10-23-2004, 03:24 PM
So let me get this straight. With PF over FB/AEP you can't turn the Speedbar off completely at all?

Tully__
10-23-2004, 03:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Smokin256:
So let me get this straight. With PF over FB/AEP you can't turn the Speedbar off completely at all? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I understand correctly, not quite. Turning the "No Speedbar" difficulty option on will restrict it to heading only. To turn it off altogether you'd need to use the "Toggle Speedbar" keyboard control.

When the "No Speedbar" difficulty setting is off, the "Toggle Speedbar" keyboard control cycles through the various unit options and no speedbar.

Someone who has the game please confirm?

mortoma
10-23-2004, 04:08 PM
The "no speedbar" switch is one thing, the mapping of the speedbar toggle to a key is another. If you map a key/s to toggle the speed bar, it should go through the different speed/altitude units in PF and also toggles to no speedbar at all, no heading, no nothing. So yes, you can get rid of it entirely in PF.

VF-17_Jolly
10-23-2004, 04:18 PM
What Tully says is correct you can toggle the speed bar off and change between kph, Knots, and Mph and when selected off in difficulty it will show heading only which you can also toggle on and off if you wish http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Smokin256
10-23-2004, 04:44 PM
Cool! Sounds perfect to me! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

NorrisMcWhirter
10-24-2004, 04:11 AM
Hi,

Tully - you're right.

The speedbar had been set to off in the difficulty settings (it was on before I installed, I'm pretty sure of that) and I never checked.

Cheers 4 that,
Norris

fherathras
10-24-2004, 08:31 AM
What the heck are the movie makers going to do?

if they cant turn off the heading?

Tully__
10-24-2004, 08:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fherathras:
What the heck are the movie makers going to do?

if they cant turn off the heading? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They can turn off the heading, they just have to use keyboard toggle to do it. Turning it off in difficulty settings is not sufficient.