PDA

View Full Version : your best FAIL moment

DarkKing166
01-05-2011, 04:43 PM
whats the time you did your biggest fail moment? you know when you had the chance to do something big and you fall on your face instead?

or maybe when you are given a chance to do something better then normal and let it pass by with a bad end result?

i would have to say my own is one time i was being chased by this guy for like half a minute. nothing i did would shake him, i do a doudge into a chaser berserker or take a lift or anything...all it would do would push him back a few metor's and like that im running for my life again. so hes about to get me so i toss a smoke bomb and got him, so i think "ok i'll stun you so you wont chase me again" , but oddly enough my persona got hung up on a civ i smoked as well and i couldn't move, before i knew it the smoke cleared and im being killed.

DarkKing166
01-05-2011, 04:43 PM
whats the time you did your biggest fail moment? you know when you had the chance to do something big and you fall on your face instead?

or maybe when you are given a chance to do something better then normal and let it pass by with a bad end result?

i would have to say my own is one time i was being chased by this guy for like half a minute. nothing i did would shake him, i do a doudge into a chaser berserker or take a lift or anything...all it would do would push him back a few metor's and like that im running for my life again. so hes about to get me so i toss a smoke bomb and got him, so i think "ok i'll stun you so you wont chase me again" , but oddly enough my persona got hung up on a civ i smoked as well and i couldn't move, before i knew it the smoke cleared and im being killed.

berm87
01-05-2011, 04:56 PM
One of my best (aka worst) fail moments occurred when I was finally enticed to scale a building and my pursuer initiated a chase. I belted for the nearest crowd to blend into once I broke the line of sight, and waited for the meter to go down. Unfortunately, as it turns out, I had blended into another one of my pursuer's crowds and was killed before the meter even went down. No points for me. Super fail.

inkyjinx
01-05-2011, 04:56 PM
This just happened earlier today in Wanted.

Playing on the Castle map (which I ABHORE) and playing for zero deaths - I do that now on the castle map because I hate it so.

2m left, no deaths yet. I'm in one of the groups at the top of the stairs from the open area - the two balconies where the haybails are and a stairway down to the ground floor between them. Been blended and decoying away the ENTIRE match and caught a couple of nice 800pt kills from people wandering by, and a few stuns.

I have two people hunting me. My target goes and walks INTO MY GROUP, making it a 4 some (3 hellequins and him) My cool down on both decoy and smoke bomb are 30s away.

So I focus and take the nice kill but should have waited - right away, there is the red arrow light up on the staircase to my left. I can't even get a step before I'm dead in a 150 point kill and my Un-whatever end bonus goes out the window.

Still finished 1st.

DarkKing166
01-05-2011, 05:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by inkyjinx:

Playing on the Castle map (which I ABHORE) and playing for zero deaths - I do that now on the castle map because I hate it so.

2m left, no deaths yet. I'm in one of the groups at the top of the stairs from the open area - the two balconies where the haybails are and a stairway down to the ground floor between them. Been blended and decoying away the ENTIRE match and caught a couple of nice 800pt kills from people wandering by, and a few stuns.

I have two people hunting me. My target goes and walks INTO MY GROUP, making it a 4 some (3 hellequins and him) My cool down on both decoy and smoke bomb are 30s away.

So I focus and take the nice kill but should have waited - right away, there is the red arrow light up on the staircase to my left. I can't even get a step before I'm dead in a 150 point kill and my Un-whatever end bonus goes out the window.

Still finished 1st. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
ouch...that sucks, well atleast you still got the win for your stats, but still its hard going for a no death in a 10 minute round of wanted. well theres always next time eh?

inkyjinx
01-05-2011, 05:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DarkKing166:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by inkyjinx:

Still finished 1st. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
ouch...that sucks, well atleast you still got the win for your stats, but still its hard going for a no death in a 10 minute round of wanted. well theres always next time eh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

only ever 'try' for it on that map - i hate hunting in the castle. i've done it on rome and florence a few times by sheer chance by hanging out in the markets with blend/decoy for the entire match.

papartusedmcrsk
01-05-2011, 05:19 PM
Marketpalce in Florence.

Three pursuers on me.

I see two of them being obvious, fast walking right at me. I leave my blend group and start walking away, checking behind me to see their progress. Still walking, both have cut the fast walk down to normal.

Kudos to them for not running up and getting their 100 points(they were too far for discreet).

My Mute finally loads, so I've got LL Smoke and Strong Mute. I figure walk into a stationary blend group and Smoke them for one stun and Mute the other for stun number two. Yes, they were THAT close, that I knew they would both be caught in Smoke.

I'm thinking hellooooooo 400 points.

I blend into a group on one of the shops just outside the square. Blender goes off.

Now if they were unsure before, they know it is me.

I'm waiting for them to come, and I find my third pursuer.

I just blended into their stationary group.

-.-

inkyjinx
01-05-2011, 05:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by papartusedmcrsk:
Marketpalce in Florence.

Three pursuers on me.

I see two of them being obvious, fast walking right at me. I leave my blend group and start walking away, checking behind me to see their progress. Still walking, both have cut the fast walk down to normal.

Kudos to them for not running up and getting their 100 points(they were too far for discreet).

My Mute finally loads, so I've got LL Smoke and Strong Mute. I figure walk into a stationary blend group and Smoke them for one stun and Mute the other for stun number two. Yes, they were THAT close, that I knew they would both be caught in Smoke.

I'm thinking hellooooooo 400 points.

I blend into a group on one of the shops just outside the square. Blender goes off.

Now if they were unsure before, they know it is me.

I'm waiting for them to come, and I find my third pursuer.

I just blended into their stationary group.

-.- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

been there. feel your pain.

better to die to a nice hidden/incog kill than two bee-liners, imho.

ajollydevil
01-05-2011, 05:29 PM
At one point my target was morphed into a group of around eight of himself. My abilities still had a while to go, so I decided to take a chance and pick a random guy. I locked onto someone, waited for the X to load, and was about to punce on this random guy when someone throws a firecrackers, the guy I had randomly picked (which turned out to be the real guy) ran away, and I lost my 700-800 point kill. *fACEPALM*

maglaromuna
01-05-2011, 05:40 PM
i was in san donato playing manhunt.i was running because the match was almost over.only about 50 points gap between us and our targets. my target saw me. but i did not care i had my buddy in my back and charge. so i ran to their blend group then one who i thought was an npc stunned me and another npc stunned him. 16 seconds remaining after i got up. i ran to the morphed crowd and instead of pressing charge which was my L2, i pressed R2 which was smoke bomb. i had to guess. it was intense stunning after that. one stunned me and ran. 6 seconds left. i had to chase after him. i know where he was. he was just around the corner. but i kept bumping into the crowd and stumble. i just gave up.

Valentorg
01-05-2011, 07:27 PM
I don't really have a best fail, but there have been a couple recurring fail moments for me.
For a while I would realize who my pursuer was only to second guess myself and get killed. Luckily I react more quickly now but that used to get on my nerves so much. &gt;_&lt;
And another thing that keeps happening every once in a while is that I'll kill my target and then my pursuer who my target was about to kill will kill immediately after. Normally I wouldn't consider this much of a fail moment but I purposely try to stop my targets from killing other people when I see it about to happen. There's just something satisfying to me about that.
So I'll see my target rush to kill someone else and I'll hurry up and kill them, only to be killed by the person I saved.

I also took part in someone else's fail moment a couple times. There have been times when my pursuer would cause a chase sequence but not know where I am. So they'll be blatantly(usually frantically) searching for me and I'll just walk up behind them and stun them. One time my pursuer was being so ridiculously oblivious to where I was that I decided to just make it easier on them and follow them up a wall. They didn't kill me and I still managed to stun them. I have no idea how I pulled that one off but it was pretty hilarious.

DarkKing166
01-05-2011, 07:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Valentorg:
I don't really have a best fail, but there have been a couple recurring fail moments for me.
For a while I would realize who my pursuer was only to second guess myself and get killed. Luckily I react more quickly now but that used to get on my nerves so much. &gt;_&lt;
And another thing that keeps happening every once in a while is that I'll kill my target and then my pursuer who my target was about to kill will kill immediately after. Normally I wouldn't consider this much of a fail moment but I purposely try to stop my targets from killing other people when I see it about to happen. There's just something satisfying to me about that.
So I'll see my target rush to kill someone else and I'll hurry up and kill them, only to be killed by the person I saved.

I also took part in someone else's fail moment a couple times. There have been times when my pursuer would cause a chase sequence but not know where I am. So they'll be blatantly(usually frantically) searching for me and I'll just walk up behind them and stun them. One time my pursuer was being so ridiculously oblivious to where I was that I decided to just make it easier on them and follow them up a wall. They didn't kill me and I still managed to stun them. I have no idea how I pulled that one off but it was pretty hilarious. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
yeah i only let my targets kill people when i think their target my be after my in the first place. but i remeber one time i just happend up on my target chaseing someone, they ran past me and i killed my target.

i also remember a fail moment for me thats not that good but still i laughed so hard when it happend. a guy used poision on me and since it was the first time it had happend i was like "what the heck?" so i started running for a ledge and as soon as i got to it i died, only thing is he stopped, his arms flung out like he was doing a leap of faith and he just fell over the railling, the way it happend makes me wish i had it on camera so i could watch it again.

MrJLBoyyy
01-05-2011, 08:50 PM
I joined a slightly laggy match to "warm-up" and every time I was even thinking about starting to look for a target, I get killed. And seriously, I think the Hellequin was trying to kill me the whole game.... I finished the game with four kills and ten deaths.

BlacklightDemon
01-06-2011, 05:55 AM
I think one of the worst fail moments I've had is when I had three pursuers and I muted and stuned one and as I ran to escape the second, I ran right around the courner and into my third pursuer...
Fail.

tallinn1960
01-06-2011, 06:57 AM
I had at least two moements yesterday which got me thinking "Biggest fail ever". One I manage to remember, as sad as that is: in Rome I found my target blended into a stationary crowd. As I had seen him entering that I knew which guy of the ones looking like him it was, so I passed the crowd until I was to close to him then turned in for the kill. I forgot to lock him. And I was not close enough while turning toward him and he probably already got an eye on me. I got what I deserve: a naked stun and a kick in my a**. And then my pursuer appeared on the scene and finished me of. Another kick in...

A small dialogue with myself I had after that in my head: "Stop treating me like this. I deserve better than that." "No, you don't."

obliviondoll
01-06-2011, 07:05 AM
My biggest fail moment:

It wasn't when I was on the targets team, and somehow convinced myself I was hunting, and equipped my hunter profile.

It wasn't right after my first death, when I accidentally selected my hunting profile again.

It was when I managed to do the same thing a third time, after waiting a few seconds in the selection screen, CERTAIN I had some reason to change profiles, but unable to remember what it was, and went, once again, into defensive manhunt with poison equipped.

Pillsy74
01-06-2011, 03:45 PM
Easy. Happened just yesterday.

I'm in the courtyard in front of the Castel hunting the doctor. He morphs a group, but I use the fountain to go around angles and pick my target. I start walking up to them... when a doctor appears behind me, walks a few steps and stuns me.

Apparently, my use of the fountain was somehow timed perfectly with this guy appearing in my line of site as well. I'm still not 100% sure where he came from.

E-Zekiel
01-06-2011, 04:16 PM
I had a big fail moment this morning. I had three pursuers. Smoke/stunned two of them in one smoke bomb (I use long-lasting). Joined a mobile blend crowd, began to move around. Found my third easily, a doctor running around. I figure screw it, it'll take some time to get any more pursuers on me after redirecting 3. I charge him and stun him. Then I walk casually toward the direction of my target.

Then I get one pursuer. And I hear some very loud whispering. The only person around me that I KNOW is a PC is the doctor that I left behind me. I swivel my camera around as I walk in the direction my compass tells me. No one around me exhibits any remote behavior suggesting they are not an NPC (except the doctor getting up from his stun, obviously). I then think...

No...it can't be...I literally JUST STUNNED HIM ten seconds ago..

And the doctor runs up to me, and I am powerless to stop him from stabbing me in the back with his syringe. At least he only got 100 points.

First time I've ever had a contract reassigned directly back on to me while playing wanted, so I always just walk casually away. Unlike Manhunt which is stun and run heh.

DeanOMiite
01-06-2011, 04:26 PM
This isn't so much my own fail as it is the game failing...but I was playing wanted and saw my target kill a guy, so I walked up to him and went for the kill. But he jumped out of the way magically like I'd never seen done in the game before, right out of his killing animation. Then he threw a smoke and he started going through the stun animation, except I wasn't getting stunned. So I started hitting X again and his character kept side stepping me. I thought maybe he had some ability I hadn't seen yet...but it went on for like 30 seconds, him getting stun animations and me not actually getting stunned and then him jumping out of the way of me trying to kill with nothing happening to either of us. And I guess his target saw this and came running over and she started going through stun animations on HIM, and nothing was happening. So it was me and The Thief trying to kill the prowler and he just kept stunning and stunning and stunning for like a full minute, and nobody got rewarded with any points.

It was pretty funny for a bit...but it actually now stands as the only game of ACB I have ever wound up quitting.

obliviondoll
01-06-2011, 04:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeanOMiite:
This isn't so much my own fail as it is the game failing...but I was playing wanted and saw my target kill a guy, so I walked up to him and went for the kill. But he jumped out of the way magically like I'd never seen done in the game before, right out of his killing animation. Then he threw a smoke and he started going through the stun animation, except I wasn't getting stunned. So I started hitting X again and his character kept side stepping me. I thought maybe he had some ability I hadn't seen yet...but it went on for like 30 seconds, him getting stun animations and me not actually getting stunned and then him jumping out of the way of me trying to kill with nothing happening to either of us. And I guess his target saw this and came running over and she started going through stun animations on HIM, and nothing was happening. So it was me and The Thief trying to kill the prowler and he just kept stunning and stunning and stunning for like a full minute, and nobody got rewarded with any points.

It was pretty funny for a bit...but it actually now stands as the only game of ACB I have ever wound up quitting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the immortality/unable to kill bug - sometimes if certain abilities, and a kill or stun, hit a player at the same time, they get stuck in a state where they can't kill or stun other players, or be killed or stunned themselves. They thought they'd fixed this in the beta, but it came back - less often though - the first patch made it less likely again, so it's very rare that it happens now. Still not totally gone though.

Supposedly, sometimes the immortal player can get kills if they use poison or the gun, but other times they can't.

DarkKing166
01-06-2011, 04:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeanOMiite:

It was pretty funny for a bit...but it actually now stands as the only game of ACB I have ever wound up quitting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the immortality/unable to kill bug - sometimes if certain abilities, and a kill or stun, hit a player at the same time, they get stuck in a state where they can't kill or stun other players, or be killed or stunned themselves. They thought they'd fixed this in the beta, but it came back - less often though - the first patch made it less likely again, so it's very rare that it happens now. Still not totally gone though.

Supposedly, sometimes the immortal player can get kills if they use poison or the gun, but other times they can't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
well version 2.0 is comeing out later this month, atleast thats what i saw when i got on this morning, maybe the bug will be fixed this time? doubt it.....

SimDuff
01-06-2011, 07:08 PM
Just happened: I was blending in a crowd, waiting for my target to get near me so I could poison him. Just when he comes near me I lock on the NPC right between us and poison the wrong target. In other words, I feel I fail most when I know who my target is but kills someone else because I mess up with my locking system.

Sps_Drake
01-06-2011, 07:19 PM
Me and my friend team up in wanted. We approach his target with me hanging just a few meters behind. Just when he starts to move in for the kill the guy runs out of hiding at my friend. Suprised, my friend isn't quick enough to kill him. My friend manages to get out a "What the he-" but is cut off by fireworks. So I was blind but I looked at my radar and my target was coming at me so I assassinated as soon as I could see. My friend lay dead at my feet.

iseelifeinhd
01-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Today I was playing Alliance. I was hiding in a haystack, and I saw one of my pursuers obviously walking over towards me. When he is close enough, I jump out, throw a smoke down, and stun him. At the same, my teammate gets stunned about 10 feet away from me. I look over ready to go kill his stunner, but he takes off. I don't run after him, as I see my compass, on the other target, full and in view. With that, I'm looking around to find him in the crowd. But then, because of all the commotion, I kinda sorta forgot to run away from the guy I stunned just seconds before. He stands up, no longer stuns, and puts a knife in my back.

/facepalm.

DoctorEurope
01-06-2011, 08:54 PM
Was 2nd in a match of Adv. Wanted, had two guys on me and I was only behind by about 100 points. There was about 30 seconds left and I saw my pursuer BOLTING towards me. I knew I could stun him and get the lead. I threw my smoke bomb down and he was standing there, choking, but it wouldn't let me stun him. So I stood there locked on to him mashing the B button looking like an idiot and the game ended. I didn't get 1st.

Phyxsius-
01-07-2011, 05:56 AM
Started in Day 1 and is still running: the "CoD" mindset.

The brain says "Mimic the NPC`s"

The hands say "Let`s get one more "straight line" kill"

The result is 50-50% between straight line and goofy stupidity while the other is properly playing.

I am improvin` tho` http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

SimDuff
01-07-2011, 06:04 AM
Looks like today everyone learned that new trick of throwing a smoke bomb right after I did: their smoke bomb choke me right after they are choked; their animation ends before mine: I get killed.

Smoke/Mute countered with smoke. Happened three times tonight http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif I felt weak and vulnerable.

Nitrox92
01-07-2011, 07:47 PM
My worst fail happened a few days ago. I was going for the Untouchable bonus and only had to survive another 30 seconds. I had my smoke bomb ready and only one pursuer, so decided to play it safe and went to a roof at the border of the map, as i could clearly see my only pursuer coming and just have to smoke-stun him. In the last few seconds of the match he did come to the roof, but since I was standing at the ledge of the roof I just happened to throw my smoke bomb OFF the roof http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif , I figure you can all imagine what came next...

FireTempest00
01-07-2011, 08:19 PM
This happened not too long ago. I was playing Forli (which I HATE with a passion) and for some stroke of luck I went the entire game stunning and killing everyone. I thought at this rate I was gonna score Untouchable for the first time in Wanted.

At this point I had 4 pursuers on me. My cool downs for smokes and mute were barely at around 30 and 40 seconds to reload. I saw all 4 of my pursuers behind me several rooftops away. My target was in a crowd not far from me, and I had 2 minutes left before the match was over.

Since I was already winning by 3000 points I thought I would just ignore my target and survive the last two minutes with half the players following me.

All of a sudden I hear the gun lock on and I dropped from the building all the way down to the dried moat. 2 of my pursuers followed suit. I was about to run the other way under the bridge and hope to go to the other side and go into the tunnel going all the way around when my third pursuer showed up from that direction. I climbed up, somehow stunned one of the pursuers that was looking for me, ran past my target who smoke bombed my pursuers in hopes to get me and I managed to escape one of them who conducted a chase through some chase breakers and blended in a crowd and won the chase.

I was laughing and contemplating a job well done with seconds left on the clock as I climbed up the central buildings but I saw the last of my pursuers on the same rooftop. And as I tried to jump off, I got caught in the corner edge of the two rooftops of and my character stutter on the edge allowing my pursuer to kill me.

It's my ultimate epic fail.

zrm22
01-08-2011, 07:28 PM
this isn't necessarily a fail, but...

a couple weeks ago, i was playing wanted. i go to kill someone, they throw a smoke bomb, then my screen TURNS GREEN LIKE POISON. the match then consisted of people following me around, trying to kill me, only to have me dodge them every time.Note: i could also not kill anyone

Kirk Horton
01-09-2011, 01:12 AM
Biggest fail moment(s):

Focusing on an enemy until they get killed / hide under an awning

Tanktric
01-09-2011, 03:05 AM
Wanted, In the lead a whole game and getting a raw score of over 11000..last 20 seconds in the game..connection fail.

Manhunt, all four of us hiding in a blended group, WHISPERS, A LOT OF WHISPERS, APPROACHING, SMOKE BOMB... all NPC in group start coughing.. They win by a long shot.

tallinn1960
01-09-2011, 03:16 AM
As I am getting ambitious about the focus bonus, I got what I deserve:

yesterday evening someone stunned my target. I walked up to him, watched the focus circle growing while preparing the poison injection needle - another guy walks by and kills my target.

J4mes4125
01-09-2011, 05:18 AM
I had one last night I'd taken the lead in wanted with about 30 seconds to go my target was a footpad on the roof following a hellaquin
I killed him.
Then I looked at the scores to see how far ahead I was as I did the Hellaquin I'd just saved got an 800 point kill and took the lead
By the time I got a new target there was only 5 seconds left.
Needless to say I lost.

LaCava1
01-09-2011, 08:37 PM
I was chasing my target (a runner) in Rome. I killed him, and got my next target, who happened to be right below me, walking alone. I got the "SQUARE" command, and was about to hit it when I accidentally changed my view to an NPC of The Priest. Right behind my target. They were playing as the Hellequin, which made me look even more stupid.

m0nkeyrama
01-09-2011, 10:33 PM
I have two:
1) I was playing alliance in Castel Gondolfo. I watched one of my targets run into and morph a group of npcs by the stairs and haystack in the entryway, so I disguised and blended into his group. I waited for the focus and then slow poisoned him. Then I saw his partner turn the corner and walk behind me, so I turn and push square, not realizing that I was still targeting the other guy. So I kill the guy who I just poisoned. Thankfully the other guy wasn't paying attention, so I killed him too and ran away in shame. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif
2) Sometimes when I smokebomb for a focus slow poison kill, the movement of their coughing will make it so my focus meter disappears and resets. So I try again, but my smokebomb runs out and they stun me. Which makes me seem like an idiot for just standing next to them... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

FireTempest00
01-09-2011, 10:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by m0nkeyrama:
I have two:
1) I was playing alliance in Castel Gondolfo. I watched one of my targets run into and morph a group of npcs by the stairs and haystack in the entryway, so I disguised and blended into his group. I waited for the focus and then slow poisoned him. Then I saw his partner turn the corner and walk behind me, so I turn and push square, not realizing that I was still targeting the other guy. So I kill the guy who I just poisoned. Thankfully the other guy wasn't paying attention, so I killed him too and ran away in shame. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif
2) Sometimes when I smokebomb for a focus slow poison kill, the movement of their coughing will make it so my focus meter disappears and resets. So I try again, but my smokebomb runs out and they stun me. Which makes me seem like an idiot for just standing next to them... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here is a tip, if it messes up slow poison him and don't try to refocus him. Its better to sacrifice that 150 than lose the 700 and give him 200 points.

And now for my latest fail. I rage quit so hard on this one but this guy for some reason always got me as his contract and probably had a rapid reload pistol build because every time he got me he would snipe me from half the map to the point I was getting owned really bad and the other players started beating me. I switch to my 2x Poison build last 30 seconds, find my target, and I press smoke bomb to go in for the focus and all of a sudden I see him fly out of no where and kill me when he had just killed me and gave me the 2x bonus from my streak.

Mega fail I was about to win.

Terran97
01-10-2011, 04:28 PM
I was in a haystack with my target close enough for a hidden kill. At the time I was being hunted by 3 other people so I was thinking every one around me was my hunter. I see my target in front of the haystack I'm in and I think, "Oh no he's gonna kill me." I jump out and run. That's when I notice that he's my target. Another chance at the Needle in a haystack achievement down the drain.

tallinn1960
01-12-2011, 09:31 AM
In short: Game of Advanced Wanted, I mixed up my target and a pursuer of him, let my target go and tried to kill his pursuer.

Was in Venice, when I got a glowing compass and saw the executioner stunning the courtesan in the indicated direction. For some obscure reason I identified the courtesan as my target and walked up to her body on the ground, PASSING the executioner on the way. Just as I did not get the X button on my proposed victim I realised that I just had let my target go.

I would have deserved the stun that my real target missed and more.

SleezeRocker
01-12-2011, 10:36 AM
Let's see....Theb iggest FAIL moment I had was just yesterday. I was playing Manhunt iwth friends and there was one target that was runing from one of my friends to my direction.

So I was getting ready to lock on when all of a sudden, the target runs through a crowd and trips. So I think " Easy Kill!" but then I try locking on but I kept locking onto NPC's and eventually the target ran pass by me and ran through a CHase breaker :P
I was ****ed in a good way though, didn't fret much about it lol.
If anything I laughed at what fail that was hahaha =D

starcowgozboom
01-13-2011, 10:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SimDuff:
Just happened: I was blending in a crowd, waiting for my target to get near me so I could poison him. Just when he comes near me I lock on the NPC right between us and poison the wrong target. In other words, I feel I fail most when I know who my target is but kills someone else because I mess up with my locking system. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bad lock? xDD That's happens to me a lot. That, or I forget which one it is for a split second and have to guess. Brain fart?

Gyro458
01-13-2011, 11:28 AM
Start of a wanted match, can't remember which map. I climbed a nearby roof to locate my target. I saw a doctor climb a roof on the other side of the map, and I was like "Ooh, look at that doctor! I might even see a cool kill." Then I see him take out the hidden gun and hear the 'Someone locked on to you with a gun' sound. I'm like "Oh shiz!" and I run towards the edge, but I never made it.

ShinjiS9
01-13-2011, 01:49 PM
I was in Rome, walking around the corner of the stalls in front of the Pantheon. I see a Hellequin with a big red arrow on her head so I turn the other way since both my abilities were still reloading. At that moment, a Prowler had walked by, and my screen started turning green. I knew my friend had poisoned me and was so mad---and then before the poison could take effect a captain runs up to me and snaps my neck.

FFFFF all three pursuers in the same area.

obliviondoll
01-13-2011, 02:29 PM
Biggest fail?

I ran for 5 matches straight with throwing knives and hidden gun.

The biggest fail within a fail?

I had a match where I only got 2200 points because I kept seeing 2 personas of my target and thinking "Is it? Is it?" then deciding "screw this" and knifing then shooting them anyway, only to see the target walk over and kill someone less than a second after I shot (patience is a virtue I didn't have as run-and-gunner).

Even bigger fail than that?

I had FUN playing as a runner (admittedly, it was more because of the excuse for a Gir quote (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9FFfuqMWnw))

Lisa-93
01-15-2011, 02:30 AM
My first post! I've had many fail moments especially when I started out playing ..But this happened recently :/

I was in a wanted match, and I had got a x2 on my next kill. So I went really sneaky to my target so I would get a good bonus...unfortunately just as I was going to kill them I bumped the LB button and ended up throwing a smoke bomb. Target saw me and then stunned me, and even worse, my pursuer happened to see and kill me while I was stunned.. Silly LB button!!! :/

ooSTAMoo
01-15-2011, 03:20 AM
accidentally killed an NPC after focusing on my target for extra points. lol

Reign
01-15-2011, 09:47 AM
Last night playing Wanted I was having a horrible match that just seemed to get worse as it went on. Not sure if it was the beer or just me but that's another story. Anyways I was hunting the Barber and had got him in my sights just as he turned a corner and sat on a bench. There was an NPC on one end and he was in the middle so I immediately thought bench warmer!

Calmy walked up and sat down fumbling with my camera fully expecting to get stunned while doing so. And in my haste to get the kill off I moved the camera at the last second and my character leaps down the bench and kills the NPC on the end. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

I guess it will be another 1,000 matches before I see my target sitting unaware of me on a bench again. But next time I am not going to be such a dunce and lock on to them first.

tyrce111
01-15-2011, 10:07 AM
I was on Mont St-Michel.
Stationary group, I see one guy on a block near me so I have directed all my attention to him.
One of his team mates sneaks up behind me and poisons me...
GRRR

NoonKnight
01-15-2011, 01:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:
Biggest fail?

I had a match where I only got 2200 points because I kept seeing 2 personas of my target and thinking "Is it? Is it?" then deciding "screw this" and knifing then shooting them anyway, only to see the target walk over and kill someone less than a second after I shot (patience is a virtue I didn't have as run-and-gunner).

I had FUN playing as a runner (admittedly, it was more because of the excuse for a Gir quote (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9FFfuqMWnw)) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

More like WIN on this one. Seriously, some of the post here are epic wins. xD

zain_mastron
01-15-2011, 02:53 PM
I was playing Wanted in Monteriggioni and had just killed my target in the middle marketplace by the stairs.

I turned the corner and jogged a bit to get to my new target, past the pot plant. My pursuer was in the pot plant, reached out and killed me. What were they doing in there? Hiding from their pursuer as the group right next to them had their character in it.

Epic win for them. Epic fail for me.

obliviondoll
01-15-2011, 03:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NoonKnight:
Biggest fail?

I had FUN playing as a runner (admittedly, it was more because of the excuse for a Gir quote (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9FFfuqMWnw)) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

More like WIN on this one. Seriously, some of the post here are epic wins. xD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Screaming "I'm running! I'm running!" while doing it doesn't make 15 kills, 2200 points and 4th place any less fail. Just makes it far more entertaining (Still have to do this with my headset though - might make for everyone else enjoying my idiocy more)

papartusedmcrsk
01-15-2011, 05:24 PM
Watching your target get whacked in the face, and literally doing your happy dance in your living room as you anticipate the incognito+focus+agony+grounded+3 silent streak kill you are about to get, and getting stabbed in the face by the persona who just stunned your target, bringing your happy dance to a screeching halt.

VoicedHercules
01-15-2011, 06:34 PM
My Fail Moment:

Running for no reason through chase breaker and close the door behind me and get trapped in a corridor with my pursuer D:

VampiricGranny
01-15-2011, 07:09 PM
Pursuer initiates chase.
I run through doors, they slam shut.
I blend into the nearest crowd.
My TARGET is also blended in this crowd.
He stuns me and leaves me there unconscious.
My pursuer comes along for a nice easy ground kill.
I cried.

Fettsbounty
01-16-2011, 12:40 AM
I quickly had 1st place and coming up on the last minute had been knocked down to 2nd after only getting a few more kills and just defending myself rainie style, it's a close match though. On the last couple minutes I had been cycling through a couple blend groups in a small area watching the compass as my target was getting closer. Then I spot a pursuer, so with my target still not here I lock on my would be killer. But he doesn't come at me probably not sure who I am. Then much quicker than expected my target rounds the corner and I'm thinking "sweet hidden + incog + long poison x2(loss streak) and then I'll go mute + stun my killer and I'll be get first with a huge lead". Only one flaw with the plan. When the target comes through I couldn't poison him because I forgot to untarget my killer so he stuns me then my killer comes through and kicks me in the head. I end the match in 5th place when that poison kill would have solidified 1st. I no longer lock on killers but occasionally still miss a would-be stun because I've got my target locked on.

Neros5555
01-17-2011, 04:52 AM
Playing WANTED when Morphed a standing group of NPCs talking when my pursuer jogs around the corner with the big red arrow on her head. I was thinking "Yes, easy 200 points" so I locked on to her and as she blended into the group I stunned her. Laughing at her stupidity, I get the 200 points and stay blended in case other pursuer were about. My stunned pursuer gets up and I thought she was going to run away hunting her next target but instead fast walks towards me and STABS ME IN THE FACE??!??!?!? AFTER I STUNNED HER?~!?!?! I raged for the next minute or so as she took the lead for a incognito/hidden kill.

fml.

PSN : MuukenTuuken