PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Blade Counter question

BlackIce7
04-30-2008, 11:22 PM
Hello.

I have Assassin's Creed for the PC. Just recently, I learned about the hidden blade counter and decided to try it. And I practically LOVE it. Nice one-shot kill.

However, I have a question.

The only way I seem to be able to get in a defense position with the hidden blade for the couner is by first pulling out one of my swords, getting in a defense position, then pulling out the hidden blade. Only then will I be able to do the counter.

Is there something i'm missing or is this the only way to get the counter?

BlackIce7
04-30-2008, 11:22 PM
Hello.

I have Assassin's Creed for the PC. Just recently, I learned about the hidden blade counter and decided to try it. And I practically LOVE it. Nice one-shot kill.

However, I have a question.

The only way I seem to be able to get in a defense position with the hidden blade for the couner is by first pulling out one of my swords, getting in a defense position, then pulling out the hidden blade. Only then will I be able to do the counter.

Is there something i'm missing or is this the only way to get the counter?

spook13
05-27-2008, 10:52 AM
@BlackIce7:

How do you do the blade counter in melee combat?

I'm playing on PC and have tried it; sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

You're right about the sword-first. I'm not doing something right, and am stuck in the battle with the real Robert de Sable and his guys. Grrrr...

altairego
05-27-2008, 01:12 PM
yea, there is no way to start a fight with the hidden blade selected.

@spook: timing and practice, friend. the counters look awesome and guards fear them too... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

spook13
05-28-2008, 11:41 AM
@altairego:

Only one game in 11 years of PC gaming has beaten me, and it wasn't worth the time to finish anyway.

Not so with AC -- great game, well worth completing and replaying, looking forward to AC 2.

So, your advice is good. Time for me to take a break from Robert and his henchmen, spend some time practicing up on melee combat, then get back in and finish it.

Thanks!

ASieradzki
07-06-2008, 04:12 AM
The best way to use the hidden-blade effectively, at least for me is to hit your "blend" key and approach from the side or rear of your target. Even if the troop awareness is blinking red just in the center, one can still perform a devastating kill. If you simply approach slowing with the "blend" key, your attack shall be a "lower profile" kill. However, I enjoy to sprint right up to them a perform a "high profile" kill. I love to hunt down archers this way, and, on occasion, Templars, although they can be hard to sneak up on most of the time. But there are quite a few that are vulnerable to a sneak attack. You may scare citizens, which may alert other guards to your presence, but there are several opportunities to take out guards one by one w/o alerting anyone. I usually approach a group of troops a pick one out to use the hidden-blade and then fight the rest with the sword.

However, I do not understand why you mention you must use your sword first. You should be able to simply select the hidden-blade and then kill an unsuspecting guard effectively.

I have found that once you are noticed by guards the hidden-blade/melee attempt almost never works; they always block it, except if you knock them to the ground. I have killed several by quickly switching from sword to hidden-blade and striking them when they are attempting get back up.

Archers suck!!!

Enjoy the game, which is great fun once you get past the tutorial stage.

iliekaltair
07-06-2008, 07:39 AM
***content removed

BTOG46
07-06-2008, 08:12 AM
Time to call a halt now, account suspended.

Crash_Plague
07-06-2008, 09:50 PM
hmm, I can't believe that word isn't blocked....

westlacson1
07-07-2008, 09:06 PM
i have AC for xbox 360, but the problem is the same for me. no, its impossible to start a fight with your hidden blade out.

best remedy, (and keep in mind that i dont own the pc version, but i guess you can figure it out) is just have your finger on the hidden blade key before the fight starts. then when you're in the fight you can just whip it out right away.

btw, it looks way cooler if you exit fight mode for a second, impose your will on the guard with your hidden blade, then go back into the fight

bonkling
07-12-2008, 08:02 AM
when ever i go into battle and my sword is drawn by default i throw the enemy so then i have time to draw my hidden blade, although i seem to have trouble countering with it

drego5
07-13-2008, 09:38 AM
You may need to un-lock the target first. Alta´r moves a LOT slower when he's locked on a target, and that alone has gotten me killed more than a few times.

marth1.0
07-13-2008, 11:00 AM
works fine for me just walk up to them and hit them with it aslong as they dont go into combat mode it works so if there's a group round a citizan then i can take atleast one out this way and if im very lucky 3 but its great for archers on rooftops ill jump on to their roof and kill them in one.

DJPieSlice
07-14-2008, 08:50 AM
I find the hidden blade most useful for saving citizens. You can take out 2 or 3 soldiers if you do a low-profile assassination, effectively taking at least half of them in a few seconds.