PDA

View Full Version : How much bandwith is needed to run this game online.

pratyush1990
03-07-2010, 02:43 AM
Hello

I am planning to buy AC 2 but before that i would like to know how strong net you need to play it without any problem.I have a 256 kbps always on connection.I play a lot of multiplayer games like cod 4,Battlefield,TF 2,L4d 1 and 2 etc. without any problem.Will i be able to run it without any problem?

Also would like to know whether i can run it on this pc.
Core 2 Duo E8400
Ati 4850
2 Gb DDr 2 Ram.

pratyush1990
03-07-2010, 02:43 AM
Hello

I am planning to buy AC 2 but before that i would like to know how strong net you need to play it without any problem.I have a 256 kbps always on connection.I play a lot of multiplayer games like cod 4,Battlefield,TF 2,L4d 1 and 2 etc. without any problem.Will i be able to run it without any problem?

Also would like to know whether i can run it on this pc.
Core 2 Duo E8400
Ati 4850
2 Gb DDr 2 Ram.

Xanatos2007
03-07-2010, 03:10 AM
If you can run games like that with no problem then ACII should run fine, provided the DRM treats you kindly. Your PC configuration is above the recommended requirements, you should be able to run it on decent settings.

caswallawn_2k7
03-07-2010, 03:36 AM
the DRM needs that little bandwidth in theory it could run on dial up, so anything 128k or above will barely be touched by it. working on the bit rating they are giving you would only need a upload/download speed of about 6Kbyte per seccond (speed that is shown when you download files in something like your browser) so assuming you can download much faster than that you wont even notice it.

pratyush1990
03-07-2010, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the reply.This DRM is putting doubt in my mind.Hopefully everthing works well.

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
03-07-2010, 11:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pratyush1990:
Thanks for the reply.This DRM is putting doubt in my mind.Hopefully everthing works well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you need to read more threads on this problem,as 8mb and 10mbit lines are having severe problems,

so following the suggestions above that 56k can support it are extremely misleading and non sensical.

mortendb
03-07-2010, 11:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AJ_Rimmer_Bsc:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pratyush1990:
Thanks for the reply.This DRM is putting doubt in my mind.Hopefully everthing works well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you need to read more threads on this problem,as 8mb and 10mbit lines are having severe problems,

so following the suggestions above that 56k can support it are extremely misleading and non sensical. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't think that the link speed has anything to do with it, i have 1/1 Gbit and i am also having problems.

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
03-07-2010, 11:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mortendb:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AJ_Rimmer_Bsc:

so following the suggestions above that 56k can support it are extremely misleading and non sensical. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't think that the link speed has anything to do with it, i have 1/1 Gbit and i am also having problems. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

my god ?
you could send yourself down that line,never mind a few kb`s of info http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

the general concensus on other forums and sites is "trying to funnel 1000 people through a hole built for 2 mice"
which basically puts it at UBI`s door.

Artpimp36
03-07-2010, 06:45 PM
I am having no luck with AC II. I have installed the game and I know I have a monster of a computer, however my internet speed isn't the greatest. My stats on my computer is as follows:
AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 810 Processor 2.60 GHz
8.00 GB RAM, My operation system is Windows 7. When I start the game the cursor and people is skipping around like there is a glitch or something. Oh by the way I just bought my computer new three weeks ago. Please someone tell me what may be the issue.

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
03-07-2010, 11:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Artpimp36:
I am having no luck with AC II. I have installed the game and I know I have a monster of a computer, however my internet speed isn't the greatest. My stats on my computer is as follows:
AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 810 Processor 2.60 GHz
8.00 GB RAM, My operation system is Windows 7. When I start the game the cursor and people is skipping around like there is a glitch or something. Oh by the way I just bought my computer new three weeks ago. Please someone tell me what may be the issue. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

try this
http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html?Str=download

gamebooster is great for a pc which you know nothing about,as is with most new pc`s.