PDA

View Full Version : About the outfits in ACR...

jd55513
10-22-2011, 03:42 PM
So i'm pretty sure in ACR that we are going to get some different outfits and what not but i was wondering if we are going to get a really powerful armor like in ACB but in ACR it seems the whole lair/key thing is replaced with the altair side mission thing does anybody know or have some idea or source on if we are getting a powerful armor? Thanks(first post on here:P)

jd55513
10-22-2011, 03:42 PM
So i'm pretty sure in ACR that we are going to get some different outfits and what not but i was wondering if we are going to get a really powerful armor like in ACB but in ACR it seems the whole lair/key thing is replaced with the altair side mission thing does anybody know or have some idea or source on if we are getting a powerful armor? Thanks(first post on here:P)

LightRey
10-22-2011, 03:45 PM
Yes, we will. Welcome to the forums. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Sarari
10-22-2011, 03:46 PM
Now that that's settled, will we get the Altair skin for free by unlocking it? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

jd55513
10-22-2011, 03:48 PM
I wonder if where going to play as altair when he's 92 and mastaf getting invaded by the mogols in 1257 i think

LightRey
10-22-2011, 03:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:
Now that that's settled, will we get the Altair skin for free by unlocking it? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Since that's a pre-order bonus, no, I don't think so. It'll probably be released as (part of a) DLC later on.

Sarari
10-22-2011, 03:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jd55513:
I wonder if where going to play as altair when he's 92 and mastaf getting invaded by the mogols in 1257 i think </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You should warn people that that's a spoiler.

Sarari
10-22-2011, 03:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Since that's a pre-order bonus, no, I don't think so. It'll probably be released as (part of a) DLC later on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Why does Ubisoft have to do that?? I mean, we're already playing as him, so why not just give us his skin by beating all his missions or something???
They're making it so obvious for money.

jd55513
10-22-2011, 04:00 PM
Oh sorry im still figuring out the text features i still trying to figure how to add spoiler tags i apoligize

Steww-
10-22-2011, 04:02 PM
Skins are quite often available as UPlay rewards.

Sarari
10-22-2011, 04:03 PM
Problem is my dad won't let me have internet connection on my xbox http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif(((

lukaszep
10-22-2011, 04:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Since that's a pre-order bonus, no, I don't think so. It'll probably be released as (part of a) DLC later on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Why does Ubisoft have to do that?? I mean, we're already playing as him, so why not just give us his skin by beating all his missions or something???
They're making it so obvious for money. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The skins don't cost the customer anything extra. Of course Ubisoft makes money out of making some things timed exclusives to certain retailers, but they will be released as part of DLC later on. In AC:B ALL the skins and multiplayer characters were unlocked with the 3rd Multiplayer DLC. I think you'll find Ubisoft probably has the best value for money in terms of DLC in the gaming industry (in my opinion anyway).

LightRey
10-22-2011, 04:06 PM
They're making it so obvious for money. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's the way capitalism works buddy. Either every company does it, or none of them do.

rileypoole1234
10-22-2011, 04:07 PM
My problem is that i'm getting ACR on PS3 instead of 360, where all my Uplay points are from past AC's.

LightRey
10-22-2011, 04:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
My problem is that i'm getting ACR on PS3 instead of 360, where all my Uplay points are from past AC's. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Uplay points are attached to a Uplay account, not a gamertag or PSN account.

Sarari
10-22-2011, 04:10 PM
But still, they should have some common sense and just put it as an unlockable. Because we play as him anyway.

I'm probably just saying this cause I have no internet connection on my xbox.

LightRey
10-22-2011, 04:13 PM
But still, they should have some common sense and just put it as an unlockable. Because we play as him anyway.

I'm probably just saying this cause I have no internet connection on my xbox. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's not really that big a deal now is it? It's just a skin. It's not like they're pulling a Tales of Vesperia on us.

lukaszep
10-22-2011, 04:21 PM
Yeah you're not missing out on much really. If you wanna play as Altair, re-play one of the Altair memories.
When i unlocked the Desmond skin in AC:B i thought it was so cool. The novelty wore off after about 10 seconds.

Sarari
10-22-2011, 04:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lukaszep:
Yeah you're not missing out on much really. If you wanna play as Altair, re-play one of the Altair memories.
When i unlocked the Desmond skin in AC:B i thought it was so cool. The novelty wore off after about 10 seconds. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hahaha the Desmond skin hasn't wore off for me :P

But when you replay Altair missions will you be able to free-roam before you wanna begin the mission?

iNt0xiCaT3dSainT
10-22-2011, 04:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lukaszep:
When i unlocked the Desmond skin in AC:B i thought it was so cool. The novelty wore off after about 10 seconds. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hahaha the Desmond skin hasn't wore off for me :P

But when you replay Altair missions will you be able to free-roam before you wanna begin the mission? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol the Desmond skin wore off after 10 seconds for me too! Actually all of the skins did besides the Drachen Armor. Raiden armor was pretty pointless.

Sarari
10-22-2011, 04:54 PM
Can someone please answer my question? D:

NewBlade200
10-22-2011, 05:00 PM
No info has been released saying anything about Altair free roam. I don't see why it would matter though, seeing as they both go to the same places.

Sarari
10-22-2011, 08:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NewBlade200:
No info has been released saying anything about Altair free roam. I don't see why it would matter though, seeing as they both go to the same places. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The feeling of playing as Altair and Ezio are 2 totally different feelings..

SirRaelix
10-22-2011, 09:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NewBlade200:
No info has been released saying anything about Altair free roam. I don't see why it would matter though, seeing as they both go to the same places. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The feeling of playing as Altair and Ezio are 2 totally different feelings.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The main reason being tho, is because they are different games and the gameplay mechanics changed drastically from AC1 to AC2. I don't know how much of a difference that playing as the two will have in this game. Obviously they will have a slightly different array of weapons to use, but I don't know how much it will change the actual game play for both characters

Sarari
10-22-2011, 10:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by F3arTh3L3g3nd:
The feeling of playing as Altair and Ezio are 2 totally different feelings.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The main reason being tho, is because they are different games and the gameplay mechanics changed drastically from AC1 to AC2. I don't know how much of a difference that playing as the two will have in this game. Obviously they will have a slightly different array of weapons to use, but I don't know how much it will change the actual game play for both characters </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I didn't mean gameplay wise. These are 2 different characters from different times. Ezio has more of that brutal feeling and modern feeling but when as Altair it feels more authentic and vintage.

lukaszep
10-23-2011, 12:38 AM
I would presume he isn't available for free-roam, but (at a guess), i bet Altair will be an unlockable in-game skin. The Altair skin pre-order bonus is Ezio as Altair or something, and i believe it to be for multiplayer.

E-Zekiel
10-23-2011, 01:37 AM
I'm actually really bummed at the Alta´r skin thing, for reasons mentioned, it will likely not be a uplay skin. I would gladly preorder it to get the skin, but they don't have it where I live, so I just have my thumb up my butt instead.

Calvarok
10-23-2011, 01:56 AM
I would presume he isn't available for free-roam, but (at a guess), i bet Altair will be an unlockable in-game skin. The Altair skin pre-order bonus is Ezio as Altair or something, and i believe it to be for multiplayer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hopefully this is the case, although I'd like to see it obtainable in some way.

r4inm4n1991
10-23-2011, 05:14 AM
I would like to free-roam with the "Monteriggioni attack" outfit AKA "After getting laid" outfit http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Sarari
10-23-2011, 08:44 AM
If I don't get that outfit I'll be like super depressed man. Altair is like an idol to me hahahaha.

Jexx21
10-23-2011, 09:15 AM
..am I the only one that thinks it feels relatively the same as playing as Ezio when playing as Altiar?

I mean, they're both Assassins. One was restricted by customs of the Middle-East Assassins, and one had no real restrictions om the weapons he could carry. If Altair could of carried Ezio's weapons, I'm sure that Altair would of been pretty brutal also. Actually, you could say that Altair was more brutal than Ezio, because while Ezio was generally kind-hearted and let people live, Altair killed all of the people giving a speech.

Either way, the only difference I feel is that they are wearing different robes and Altair has less weapons.

lukaszep
10-23-2011, 09:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
..am I the only one that thinks it feels relatively the same as playing as Ezio when playing as Altiar?

I mean, they're both Assassins. One was restricted by customs of the Middle-East Assassins, and one had no real restrictions om the weapons he could carry. If Altair could of carried Ezio's weapons, I'm sure that Altair would of been pretty brutal also. Actually, you could say that Altair was more brutal than Ezio, because while Ezio was generally kind-hearted and let people live, Altair killed all of the people giving a speech.

Either way, the only difference I feel is that they are wearing different robes and Altair has less weapons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. In terms of playing the game free roam with the different skins, to me it's as simple as :
One is wearing white with a brown belt.
One is wearing white and red.

But some people enjoy it more than others i guess.

RzaRecta357
10-23-2011, 02:36 PM
They'll play exactly the same with different weapons.

I loved how Ezio had Altairs walk and mannerisms while playing still.

He still does from the look of it. Something I hope never changes.