PDA

View Full Version : nobody online in PF why?

aminx
12-11-2004, 02:43 PM
Hi,
For the past weeck i'm unable to find one server
playing a proper Pacific scenario,why?
aminx

Korolov
12-11-2004, 02:59 PM
They got tired of the new stuff.

I thought you hated PF because it doesn't have carrier based torpedo bombers. Change of opinion?

pacettid
12-11-2004, 03:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aminx:
Hi,
aminx <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Fallen Angels' Server is on Hyperlobby 24/7. We do PF extensively, with historical planesets and missions; however, we do not use Icons, and pits are always on. About the only boxes "unchecked" are Wind and Turbulence (which causes bad things on MS FF2 sticks), No Mini-Map Path, and No Speedbar (still too many gauges that are non-functional or obscured).

9th_Spitin
12-11-2004, 04:39 PM
There are a few, but seems like when they are given a choice between WF and PF, they are picking WF. Now the question is why are they picking WF over the long awaited PF? Maybe because PF is still too buggy so they are waiting for the fixes.

God, I hope I said this politicly correct and nice enough not to offend anyone and get this thread locked.

BuzzU
12-11-2004, 04:48 PM
Bailing out over water really sucks too.

Vengeanze
12-11-2004, 04:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BuzzU:
Bailing out over water really sucks too. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehe

VW-IceFire
12-11-2004, 04:51 PM
Honestly...I like the Western Front best...but in a very close second these days is the Eastern Front...its a blast. Maybe its the familiarity but the scenarios have so much more character right now.

I think the problem is the Japanese planes in general just aren't upto the spec to beat their Allied counterparts. The Ki-61 or Ki-84 are maybe the exception but they aren't competitive like the Yaks against 109s or La-5s against FW190s (not that those are even matches but they are much closer). That or its just the fighting style.

I don't know...I haven't figured out the Japanese planes yet.

BuzzU
12-11-2004, 04:55 PM
Oleg did a good job of getting us interested in the eastern front.

Latico
12-11-2004, 05:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BuzzU:
Oleg did a good job of getting us interested in the eastern front. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heck, until I got IL2 FB, I hadn't even give any thought to there being an airwar on the Eastern Front.

DUUUUUUHHHHHHHH http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Heinz_Knokke
12-11-2004, 06:34 PM
Saying that the choice of planes allowed to the Japanese side in PF is extremely limited (only early war airplanes) in comparison of the choices allowed to the allies side could be the start of an explanation.

TX-WarHawk
12-11-2004, 06:40 PM
We'll see more PF servers when the Pacific plane selection as a whole gets bigger, and we are given some more maps.

aminx
12-11-2004, 09:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Korolov:
They got tired of the new stuff.

I thought you hated PF because it doesn't have carrier based torpedo bombers. Change of opinion? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

goons
Each time we see a comment by the name korolov
it means that big brother is watching and your thread is about to be deleted.
aminx

aminx
12-11-2004, 10:04 PM
So the reasons are:

jap planes selection limited.
Jap planes tech specs cannot match counter part.
Buggy.
Not enough maps.
Korolov watching what you say all the time
Absence of carrier born torp bombers.
Cannot build and play historic missions due to absence of basic planes for both sides.
Almost all the historic missions battles and campaigns had carrier born torp planes.
Lower end pc owners cannot,wont,or cannot afford to keep up with spec requirements,
lets hope that remedy can be found soon
aminx

aminx
12-11-2004, 10:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pacettid:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aminx:
Hi,
aminx <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

_The Fallen Angels' Server_ is on Hyperlobby 24/7. We do PF extensively, with historical
planesets and missions; however, we do not use Icons, and pits are always on. About the only boxes "unchecked" are _Wind and Turbulence_ (which causes bad things on MS FF2 sticks), _No Mini-Map Path_, and _No Speedbar_ (still too many gauges that are non-functional or obscured). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will follow more carefully,thanks guidance
aminx

Korolov
12-11-2004, 10:46 PM
So the reasons are:

Buggy.
Not enough maps.
Cannot build and play historic missions due to absence of basic planes for both sides.
Almost all the historic missions battles and campaigns had carrier born torp planes.
Lower end pc owners cannot,wont,or cannot afford to keep up with spec requirements,
aminx <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Much too long winded and "conspiracy theory" style. It's more like trying to hijack a thread to prove to CRASH that I can troll, too. Be sure.

Blackdog5555
12-12-2004, 12:03 AM
Simple........P40v Ki43 or Zero is a good match. The Zero is much better than the F4F. The KI84 is more than a match for the F4U. But, Very few play historical on UBI or HL. Most just like to play "Sky Quake." The Euros dont want to give up their beloved La7s or Yak 3P's, or Spits. The Carriers are not set up for "respawning" correctly. Very few Japanese squads is the main problem.I love PF historical and i wait for the day i can set up CBI theatre or decent Defense of Darwin scenario. i dont mind the limited planeset.Im a grownup.

aminx
12-12-2004, 03:12 AM
jap squads
I was very surprised right from when the forum started a year ago the lack of japanese presence or interest. their own forum is dead which is strange.We are talking about a highly developed technologicaly minded society.
There is a total absence of jap squads without doubt.
There are at least 3 jap cfs2 plane developers one of which AKEMI developed lovely planes freeware but since i dont know japan and i've never been there i cannot comment,maybe a japanese forum member can comment and build on our discussion.
Anyway if you take an educated japanese young man and tell him here you go now put together one campaign correctly from A to Z will he succeed? the answer is no.I have not put one mission or campaign together my folders are empty.

PLANE VS PLANE
I have discussed this point at length with very young ace level online players who dont give 2 hoots about hystorically correct campaigns and game play(shoot'em up) and they say that they cant play properly because they cant face the US with whats available so i answered that the George was underway and that the Ki61 was overhauled and they responded positively.

PF SERVERS
There are none.The ones that appear sporadically need balancing,limiting the range of planes for each side depending on the actual years and period they fought each other.Unfortunately for the time beeing the only missions you can set up are interception and straffing.We warned from day one when it was clear that key planes would not make it into the sim,the danger of same but we got no response.

aminx

x__CRASH__x
12-12-2004, 04:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Korolov:
So the reasons are:

Buggy.
Not enough maps.
aminx <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Much too long winded and "conspiracy theory" style. It's more like trying to hijack a thread to prove to CRASH that I can troll, too. Be sure. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ANd I AM watching! Be sure!

(and you still need a lot of work! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

ElAurens
12-12-2004, 06:52 AM
Well, where to start.

One of our members, BlitzPig_Bury,has made many historically based coops. They are fun to fly, but suffer from the limitations of the planeset (lack of needed aircraft) and the poor performance modeling of aircraft on both sides. (Zero too fast in dive, F4U's amazing anti gravity device, F6F overall high energy bleed, F4F's inability to dive...etc.) These aircraft factors also are very troublesome in setting up proper DF servers. The lack of needed maps is also a hinderance to both.

If I was not already in a "squad", I would without doubt be in a Japanese Unit. I find the IJAAF/IJN aircraft to be a fascinating area of study. There was no lack of creativity, or intelligence in the Japanese aircraft industry. Only restrictive and outdated requirements from the military, and the inability to turn some really wonderful designs into manufactured products because of their poor industrial base, held them back.

And we really need the B5N and B6N, and the N1K2.

aminx
12-12-2004, 07:58 AM
thanks your comments will discuss with my boys your comments.I just came out from hyperlobby, its 4p.m here and i was in Guadalcanal,tulagi owen stanley range etc. and almost all the planes chosen were not present in the pacific theater,LA's,FW's and i was sticking to my hellcat f6 then to a zero 5 and i was out everything all the time.We need some order and maybe a serious dedicated server just for hystorical game players in the pacific.As for the missing planes my finger tips are bleeding from the repeated requests.
aminx

Tully__
12-12-2004, 08:08 AM
Let's just see what turns up in the add-on patch in a week or two before we get too excited about missing aircraft....

Philipscdrw
12-12-2004, 08:09 AM
Do we know what's in the patch, or is it going to be a suprise/Christmas present?

Tully__
12-12-2004, 08:13 AM
Some stuff has been announced, some is still a mystery. I don't have a list handy and the search function is snafu at the moment so you're going to have to wait or do a manual search. A search at SimHQ might be quicker....their search function hasn't taken an early Christmas break http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

LeLv30_RedWing
12-12-2004, 10:39 AM
Good to see others have noticed this too. Yesterday me and six squadmates spend one hour trying to find good PTO-server and ended up flying A-20`s in VP-1...where map is Finnish Gulf.

From the squadron point of view this game is useless to us on-line and we had to manually create our own campaign to be able to fly Corsairs etc.

I would give away water=3 and stuff for a MG made on-line war like VEF where people could enjoy this game. If Starshoy and others can do it, why not attract people to buy game with this kind of feature too? We have seen it in WW2-online, Aces High...

pacettid
12-12-2004, 12:15 PM
As the mission builder for The Fallen Angels' Server, when it comes to providing quality online DF missions, here are my observations/recommendations:

- The fact that moving ships are not available for On-line DF maps is a very serious shortcoming. Carriers need wind across the deck in order to launch late-war planes like the Corsair and the Hellcat, especially when laden with ordnance, not to mention the fact that launching from stationary ships just kills the immersion factor for most players.

Recommendation: Make moving ships available on DF maps. If this is just not an option, due to coding issues, time, etc., then we at least need the ability to select a wind direction and speed appropriate to ship orientation. We also need additional ship classes. This has been discussed before on the forum pages, so I will not repeat it here.

- The Map set is very limited, and there are limited provisions for adapting maps to meet on-line playability issues. The Guadalcanal maps are a good example of what I mean. On the Early Guadalcanal map there are only two airfields available, Henderson and the seaplane base at Tulagi. I have placed Test Runways on Florida Island to simulate Rabaul and bases further up The Slot, but these Test Runways have some drawbacks when it comes to spawning, cannot be flattened to match surrounding terrain, etc., so they are only a partial solution.

Recommendation: Provide additional maps (Singapore, Burma, Western New Guinea, China, Dutch East Indies, Northern Australia, Phillipines, Rabaul), fix the Test Runways, and/or place non-historic airfields on the maps that can be used for Online DFs. A good example is the island airbase on the Normandy map. Based on my experience, most online players will not tolerate more than a 9-10 minute flight time seperation between opposing air fields, so this should be used as a rule of thumb.

- The Japanese have no medium bombers, and almost no early war planes to support China, and Malaya scenarios. This seriously limits mission interest for Japanese players.

Recommendation: Give us fly-able versions of the Betty, Sally, Lilly, Claude, Ki-27, and Ki-44. The Betty is a start, and I really look forward to seeing her in the upcoming patch, but the other ones mentioned above would be most welcome, if and when they become available.

- The game and many of the maps are just down right unstable.

Recommendation: There are plenty of documented cases on all the forums, so these just need to be fixed ASAP.

I love the sim, so please take these inputs as constructive feedback.

DarthBane_
12-12-2004, 01:04 PM
The ugly textured and modeled Zero and Val cockpit is stoping me from playing. Ki61 and 84 are perfect and up to the standard but 2 planes are not enough for Pacific theatre. I tried allies, but cannt realy fly on that side.

aminx
12-13-2004, 10:05 AM
List of dedicated servers needed
---------------------------------

We need about 4-5 serious servers besides fallen angels to go to to play only in the pacific.We also tried greater green on Sunday and we enjoyed it,only zeros vis P40's over Buna mainly,Teamspeak really makes a diff.
thanks
aminx

Mr5by5
12-13-2004, 11:24 AM
Hello everyone. I'm new to Pacific Fighters, and to be honest Modern flight simming.

I have played Sturmovik, and am back at it practicing so I can play PF.

Let me ask you guys some questions that I'm not following in this thread.

When it comes to server settings, is there no way to just turn off certain planes per map?

If the game comes with a map editor, can't someone just recreate some of the historical battles with the distances reduced so that people don't have to fly 40 min to see action?

I realize that I'm dealing with purists here, but shouldn't there be a realistic approach to gaming, therefore just making the necessary adjustments to keep the game fun?

I too am dissapointed to hear that we cannot fly torpedo bombers. In fact when I first saw this title being released, the first thing I looked for was the ability to fly the torpedo bombers. I would argue that I have yet to pick up the title based on that omission alone.

Let me ask you this as well.

Why can't users "create" carrier battles that never existed. I read up top on this thread that one server made it so you landed on the other guys deck to get points. THAT is what I'm talking about. Only I would like to see game types where we can torpedo the other team's carrier. When the carrier's team is sunk the map restarts etc.

Sure it's not historically accurate, but it would be great fun.

Could someone lay out for me what servers can and cannot due to make each map as historically accurate as possible, but still make it fun to play?

DRB_Hookech0
12-13-2004, 11:24 AM
I think one of the big problems is that Ubi is the only place that see's PF as a stand alone game. I have FB+AEP+PF and I have PF as a stand alone. My squadron came over from CFS3 (where we flew under the 46th FG banner) so not everyone had IL2 or IL2Fb...and those that made the switch mostly only got PF. So...with HL and I think ASE only seeing the Merged install of PF would seem to limit a large (one would think) part of the PF online gamers.

You can get HL to see your standalone PF but it takes renaming the exe and then that has the potential to cause lots of caos dow the road. One bad thing about Ubi servers is that it seems people behind certain DSL connections can not join or host on Ubi. I have not figured out why but we have at least 3 people who can not host a game on ubi but can host direct IP games. Yes they have turn themselves inside out working on ports and all that. One guy found re-installing the Ubi.com software cleared him up...not sure if this will fix everyone....he found it yesterday so I dont know what today brought.

Wow....went OT for a sec there. Anyway, I think HL needs to support PF in standalone mode also...that would open up a lot of games for those not doing the merged installs.

609IAP_Recon
12-13-2004, 03:42 PM
hey I got a great idea: go host your own server on your own map http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

609IAP_Recon
12-13-2004, 03:43 PM
"Wow....went OT for a sec there. Anyway, I think HL needs to support PF in standalone mode also...that would open up a lot of games for those not doing the merged installs. "

Suggestion: goto HL forum and ask Jiri about it - it's a good idea, surprised we don't have separate rooms now.

1. a AEP room
2. a Merged PF room
3. a standalone PF room

I wondered from day one why Jiri doesn't do it - but since I played mostly merged I didn't mind, since 90% are merged.

tB_Blueknight
12-13-2004, 05:58 PM
I have been begging in the HL Forums..LOL http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Spider_439th
12-13-2004, 06:16 PM
Maybe i am wrong but one element seem to be forgotten, the new anti-piracy protection over 3.02. Lot of player have downloaded from a pirate site and don't have original game.

They cannot play PF anymore (almost all server are 3.02bm)

These player are not to be missed!