PDA

View Full Version : question about night mode?

Bernard25
06-22-2007, 07:09 AM
its really difficult for me to attack during night. i can't see the bearing in periscope. i have read the manual and can't see any shortcut keys where i can turn the submarine lights into red.
How do you turn the submarine in to night mode?

Bernard25
06-22-2007, 07:09 AM
its really difficult for me to attack during night. i can't see the bearing in periscope. i have read the manual and can't see any shortcut keys where i can turn the submarine lights into red.
How do you turn the submarine in to night mode?

danurve
06-22-2007, 09:08 AM
Acorrding to a FAQ entry in the Community manual;
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It serves to remind the player that sunset (or sunrise) has occurred, and adds to the atmosphere of the game. It makes no difference as such, but there is no way to disable it either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Perhaps you could adjust your monitor contrast.

Foehammer-1
06-22-2007, 09:10 AM
It does so automatically at dusk, and then they turn back to white at dawn. By the way, that is just eye candy. Yes, it is very hard to attack at night, but that is what I do mostly, since the chances of them seeing your scope are very slim. Usually, you will be able to make out ship's smoke against the slightly brighter sky, but not be able to see the ship itself. With practice, you can learn to estimate range and speed just through visual observation. Do not use the TDC, just point and shoot where you think the ship will be when the torpedo reaches the spot. I made 2000m+ shots in 15m/s winds and heavy rain. It is possible. As i said, practice http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif