PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think the Sub "front end" grafix, viewed from con tower looks terrible?

Charlie901
04-21-2005, 08:46 PM
Whats up with the tip of the sub when viewed from the conning tower???

It just looks sooo 2D and fake!

It needs some shadowing, cause as it is, it looks like it doesn't belong there.

It kinda spoils what otherwise would be a beautiful game.

I hope som mods can detail this up for us... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

CorruptAssassin
04-21-2005, 09:26 PM
dont know about you, but I think it looks fine. The perspective, and size looks about right.

Dont know what else you want???? Unless your running a TNT2 card, it looks fine, with the waves and spray crashing over it, its tops!

chris455
04-21-2005, 11:03 PM
Those of us who remember Silent Service, Sub Simulator, Gato, et al stand in awe of SHIII graphics, bow and all.

Daxos1942
04-22-2005, 04:09 AM
I can see what you're saying, since I can relate. When I was running SHIII on a GF4Ti4200 the nose and the rear of the sub looked somewhat crude to me too, also the way the waves broke over them looked sloppily done, and noit realistic as compared to everything else. SHIII is deceiving, everything else as I said looked fine to me. Ah, but then I got a BFG GF6600GT OC, and what a difference!

The waves look great as they wash over the bow and stern off the sub, and a lot of other things look a hell of a lot better.

So, as I said, SHIII is deceiving. It actually demands a pretty powerful video card. Go get a better card, and you'll know what I mean.

cueceleches
04-22-2005, 04:26 AM
Don´t pretend to run high demanding games on three year old graphic cards and expect them to look perfect.

JJ_Fletcher
04-22-2005, 07:12 AM
It's a shame the Bridge view doesn't bob around like the internal view. I agree that the bow looks fake. I think it's beacause your viewpoint is anchored to the movement of the boat.

If your view rocked with the motion of the boat (if it's possable with the inside view why not outside) then it would look a lot better.

con20or
04-22-2005, 07:41 AM
i think the best view in the game is when ur at the deck gun, and turn around to look UP at the conning tower from the deck. especially when u are going fast.

Nukem_Hicks
04-22-2005, 11:02 AM
I'm running Raedon 9800 Pro and I have to agree with the bow graphic as viewed from the conning tower. I think the only reason I noticed it is because the rest of the game graphics are so beautifully rendered...and then you have this bow that looks like it's out of AOD. That's what makes it so striking: everything else is GORGEOUS. And then you have that. Go figure.

Daxos1942
04-24-2005, 03:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nukem_Hicks:
I'm running Raedon 9800 Pro and I have to agree with the bow graphic as viewed from the conning tower. I think the only reason I noticed it is because the rest of the game graphics are so beautifully rendered...and then you have this bow that looks like it's out of AOD. That's what makes it so striking: everything else is GORGEOUS. And then you have that. Go figure. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe that the GF6600GT is rated right below the plain vanilla GF6800 and above the Radeon 9800 Pro. The Radeon 9800 Pro barely beats the FX5800 and falls short of the FX5800 Ultra.

The GF6600GT walks all over the FX5800 class, since it is a generation ahead. Specially the BFG OC version which is running at 525/1050 with GDDR3 memory.

alanschu
04-24-2005, 04:36 AM
What looks so bad about it?

It looks precisely how the bow of the ship should look as far as I can tell.

I don't think it looks 2D (which I figured would be obvious...but I guess not), and the waves look great smashing up against them.

I have a Radeon 9800 Pro.

Kirock7
04-24-2005, 07:55 AM
How about some screens, mates?
Show us what you're seeing. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

RoughRaider1
04-24-2005, 08:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JJ_Fletcher:
It's a shame the Bridge view doesn't bob around like the internal view. I agree that the bow looks fake. I think it's beacause your viewpoint is anchored to the movement of the boat.

If your view rocked with the motion of the boat (if it's possable with the inside view why not outside) then it would look a lot better. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was going to say that my view on the bridge does rock with the motion of the boat, but then I realized you meant that it's shouldn't rock with the motion of the boat and act like it does in the internal view. The internal view simulates yourself trying to remain standing vertical while the boat rocks around you. Where as on the bridge, your moving with the boat no matter how hard it rocks. This is not how most people stand on the deck of a rocking vessle. Not unless your out to do some chumming. In actuallity it should be the opposite. You would have a little less tendency to try to remain verticle inside the boat because you don't have the horizon as a reference as you do on the bridge.