PDA

View Full Version : Aces Artwork: IL2-MAT Manager v1.95 Available (something for the weekend) :)

Aces_High_2
12-03-2004, 01:47 PM
http://www.leigh-kemp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/whats_new_in_v1_95.jpg

Hi all,

I have just uploaded the latest version of IL2-MAT Manager, version 1.95. I think that this might be the last version of the program to require IL2-MAT. As soon as Oleg had released the version of the game that supports the change to the conf.ini file then I will release a version of IL2-MAT Manager designed to work with this. This version, probably version 2, will retain full backward compatibility for those IL2-MAT / Manager users who use the programs with the original IL-2 Sturmovik, Forgotten Battles and Aces Expansion Pack so that they can continue using IL2-MAT and Manager with these version of the game.

Please be patient whilst the files are installed, go make a cup of tea, coffee, a round of golf, a four course meal http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif or whatever else take your pleasure as there are a lot of files included in the download. I have switched from using WINZIP to using the WINRAR self extractor for the main IL2-MAT Manager program and files installation program. This change was forced on my by the number of files included with the program being too high for WINZIP. I have compressed all files to the highest compression to minimise the size of the download and this version is only marginally bigger than the previous version although it contains several thousand new files. The downside of using extra compression is that it takes a while longer to un-compress during install.

Download Link (http://www.leigh-kemp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/IL-2MAT_and_IL-2_MAT_Manager_V1.95_Installers.zip)

I hope you enjoy using the new version

Best Regards

Aces

Spitf_ACE
12-03-2004, 01:59 PM
Thank you Leigh http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Aces_High_2
12-03-2004, 02:00 PM
My pleasure m8

Cheers

Leigh

elephant_il2
12-03-2004, 03:32 PM
Great,Great,Great !!! Thanks !!!
But remember the real solution for A6M is a numbering style ala' Val,Kate.

actionhank1786
12-03-2004, 04:53 PM
YES! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
I wanted to reinstall this, but i was waiting for the newest version!
Now i can be rid of those ugly default markings forever!!!
Thanks Mate!

Saunders1953
12-03-2004, 08:52 PM
Hi Aces:

Help! I just spent 3 hours trying to download IL2 MAT in my merged FB+AEP+PF version and no markings show up--at least not most of them. Some Japanese meatballs have, but no Japanese numbering, and no USA anything. I'm a computer Luddite, so it took me a while to figure out the correct paths had to go to my "Ubi Soft merge" file instead of the "Ubi Soft" one (I created a "CoopRegt" file for it and all the files appear to be in there, but when I go to the IL Mat Manager to set up (I've set up both for FB abd Ubi) I sometimes get a "unable find GS4.exe" notice when I launch and the files are copying. Anyway, I'm flummoxed. Have I read (three times!) the readme wrong and the 1.95 isn't for the fully merged version, or am I just goofing it up? Thanks for any help you can give me. I'm salivating over your markings!

P.S. I never used IL2 MAT before, so it's not a matter of uninstalling the old versions.

Aces_High_2
12-04-2004, 12:53 AM
Hi elephant, yes, I know, but that's something thatonly they can change m8 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Hi Saunders 1953,

Let me try and help,

Below is a step-by-step sequence to configuring both programs.

1. Launch IL2-MAT.

2. Right click on the program's system tray icon.

3. Click on "Configuration"

http://www.leigh-kemp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/il2-mat_configure.jpg

and the screen show below will appear.

http://www.leigh-kemp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/IL2-MAT_Config_small.jpg

4. Make sure that the path entered into "IL-2 Location" is the correct path to you IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles folder.

http://www.leigh-kemp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/il2-mat_FB_program_path.jpg

5. Make sure that the path entered into "Custom markings location" is the same as above but contains "\CoopRegt\" at the end of the line.

http://www.leigh-kemp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/il2-mat_custom_markings_location.jpg

6. Click on the blue "+" symbol located to the bottom right of the configuration screen in the "File types to be copied" section and then type in "MAT" and click on OK.

http://www.leigh-kemp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/IL2-MAT_file_extension.jpg

7. If you wish IL2-MAT to launch on startup then click in the "Load on Windows startup" box else you will have to launch IL2-MAT manaually before running IL-2 Forgotten Battles.

http://www.leigh-kemp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/il2-mat_load_on_startup.jpg

9. Ensure that you have copied the "il2hook.dll" file suplied in the download into you IL2-MAT program folder.

Failure to setup the above il2fbhook.dll correctly will cause failure to display the custom markings files. You must configure IL2-MAT correctly else the following will happen.

You will also need to configure IL2-MAT Manager with the location of your FB folder.

When you run the IL2-MAT Manager installer it will automatically create the "CoopRegt" folder in your FB folder. This folder will contain many sub-folders containing the MAT files. The installer will also install all the TGA (graphics) files to your "Regiments" folder and sub-folders of this folder.

Hope this helps, please let me know how you get on.

Regards

Aces

Edit: i think that I see what you've done you have confused the paths in the IL2-MAT Manager setup between the program location eg. the "IL-2 Folder" which must be whatever folder you have the game located in" eg. C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Forgotten Battles" and the location of UBI's online gaming software eg. the "UBI folder".

below is from the documentation file:

In the right hand side of the screen there is a section labelled €œControl Panel€ which contains three buttons. The first of these buttons labelled "Setup" is for manually setting the location paths to your IL-2 Sturmovik Forgottten Battles, Hyperlobby and UBI gaming service program executables.

The button, labelled "Quit" implements your choice of options, copies the required files and then closes IL2-MAT Manager.

The function of the button labelled "Launch FB" is dependant on the setting of the three options located to the right of the button.

When set to "HL" clicking on the "Launch FB" button implements your choice of settings, copies the required files and then launches Hyperlobby.

When set to "UBI" clicking on the "Launch FB" button implements your choice of settings, copies the required files and then launches UBI's online gaming service.

When set to "FB" clicking on the "Launch FB" button implements your choice of settings, copies the required files and then launches the IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles program.

-----------------

If you do not wish to launch the UBI online gaming sotware when exiting IL2-MAT Manager use the "Quit" button located in the control panel and make sure that you have the "FB" button selected and not the "UBI" button.

jamesdietz
12-04-2004, 10:28 AM
I was going to string Christmas lights all over my house this weekend, but now I have a much more important task to do...downloadinding 1.95 & having the fun of redoing all sorts of things I I did in 1.94...!!!Now if only my wife would understand just how important this is!!!

SeaFireLIV
12-04-2004, 10:39 AM
D\L it. thnx again, Ace.

Saunders1953
12-04-2004, 11:32 AM
Warning--Long Post)

Hi Aces:

Thanks alot for your help (and patience, as you shall see). The good news is that after uninstalling your programs and starting over, I got through the install sucessfully--that is, I didn't get any error messages at all. Now the bad news...none of the markings showed up in the game!

BTW, the first half dozen tries last night I was using your documentation file from your website, and the illustratiions were helpful. I was only using the UBI launch in one or two of my attemopts, becuase the FB launch kept giving me the "cannot locate GS4.exe" raspberry.

Anyhoo...this morning, after the apparently successful install--but with no markings showing up--I went into my C drive and checked my IL2 merged folder. The CoopRegt folder only contains the 41 folders starting with "3rd Gruppe symbol options" through "Zerstrorer and Kampf Geschwader Emblems" but no MAT files! Now, bear with me here, I have 2 Ubi Soft files (Ubi Soft and Ubi Soft Merge), both have folders titled "IL2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles". I ASSUME these are both there by default as a result of my merged installation of FB+AEP+PF, because I uninstalled all my IL2 stuff before I did the merge last month. BUT, they both have the file "IL2-MAT Manager.msi" in them, and the Ubi Soft folder (the NON-merged one--the one I am NOT directing your program to) in its CoopRegt file has all those hundreds of Mat files in it. (The reason the "wrong" program file has all this in there is from my misattempts last night, I assume.}

So...a real cluster**** if you get my drift. I have to assume that having the IL2 Mat Manager.msi file in both program files is mucking things up...correct? But I'm afraid to delete/uninstall the Ubi Soft (nonmerged) program file, just in case it's supposed to be there--though that doesn't make a lot of sense since all of its files such as the IL2.exe, etc. are in the Ubi Soft merge program file.

BTW, I doubled checked that the "MAT 1" active option was checked--it is.

Well, any help would be again greatly appreciated. I hope this explanation is clear enough--the bottom line is the Mat programs are all directed to my Forgotten Battles merged program files, all the correct boxes are checked or filled according to your documentation, but the MAT files aren't in the merged CoopRegt folder.

BTW, I've had no trouble installing any other utility and I can whiz around the FMB and edit the conf.ini file with ease, so I'm not a true computer luddite...more of a Neandrathal.

Thanks!

Aces_High_2
12-04-2004, 12:29 PM
Hi Jim, LOL m8, have fun

Hi Saunders1953,

The CoopRegt folder should contain these 41 folders each containing MAT files. The IL2-MAT Manager folder extracts them to there as long as you give it the correct path to your game, what you are refering to as your "merged folder".

If you have setup IL2-MAT Manager with the correct path to your "merged install" folder then after you have quit the program and all file copy has occured then there should be many MATs directly in your CoopRegt folder as well as those in the 41 folders. This means that IL2-MAT Manager has done its stuff and copied them there. If not there must be something wrong with the path that you have given IL2-MAT Manager for te location of your game.

If there are MATs in the main CoopRegt folder after you have quit MAT Manager and the markings don't display then this must be an IL2-MAT config issue.

Please check the following;

Is IL2-MAT "active" ? eg. have you right clicked on its system tray icon and made sure that there is a check next to "active" else it won't be listening for the game to launch.

Have you un-zipoped the il2fbhook.dll provided with the download into your IL2-MAT folder ?.

The CoopRegt folder containing all the MATs must be the same one that you are setting the custom markings location path for in IL2-MAT. Likewise the IL-2 location path in the IL2-MAT config must be the same location eg. one can't be the merged install and the pother the stand-alone install. Also please check that your \PaintSchemes\Regiments folder contains the TGA graphics files in this folder and many sub-folders, again this is done by the installer.

Hope this helps m8, I think the confusion is that you have two game install and that the various paths and folders don't match up, else it's the hook dll or not being active, have you also entered "MAT" in the IL2-MAT config, filetypes to be copied section ?.

The IL2-MAT Manager.msi file isn't repsonsible for your problems, it's simply an installer file.

Regards

Aces

Saunders1953
12-04-2004, 01:37 PM
Thanks again, Aces.

The answer to everyone of your questions is "yes"

--active checked=yes
--hook dll file unzipped, copied and overwriting the existing file=yes
--all paths pointed to my merged filed=yes
--"MAT" in IL2-MAT config=yes

I'll keep plugging away--I know its not your program, it's me and my system. Anyway, i really am impressed with all your work on your program. Just hope I get to use it!

When I getting it right, I'll give you a shout.

Saunders1953

jamesdietz
12-04-2004, 02:51 PM
Slick install ( after once again reviewing install directions & uninstalling previous version & coopregt folders...etc) Thanks again Aces - you & your work are part of the reasons I continue to find this game fascinating...Remember the first versions of Il-2 ? No swastikas, big squadron shields ...etc etc...Boy have you contributes alot!!!!

Aces_High_2
12-05-2004, 01:24 AM
Cheers Jim,

Saunders1953,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't got it workings as yet. Thanks for your perseverance.
There are two diagnostics that you can do to check things out.

1. Run IL2-MAT Manager, make some options and quit. Wait for all file copy to finish and whn the program closes open Windows Explorer. If you see MAT files in your main CoopRegt folder (some of the ones from the sub-folders) then IL2-MAT Manager has done its stuff. If you don't then you need to re-check the program path that you have given IL2-MAT Manager for your IL2 program location.

2. Open Windows Explorer and then minimise it. Run the game with IL2-MAT active and wait for all file copy to finish. This may take a few minutes. When all hard drive activity has stopped alt+tab to Windows Explorer and navigate to your game folder and then to the \PaintSchemes\Cache folder. If this contains many MAT files (the same ones as in the root of the CoopRegt folder) then IL2-MAT has done its stuff. If not your need to check the paths that you have given IL2-MAT to the game folder and, the CoopRegt folder. It could also be the dll, not setting MAT in the filetypes to be copied or IL2-MAT not be active but you've checked these so the paths are favourite.

If all looks fine then it has to be the delay caused by copying the files on game launch which can take several minutes before some of them appear. This I can only avoid when Oleg has done the new il2fb.exe supporting the changes to the game's conf.ini file.

Please re-examine this diagram:

http://www.leigh-kemp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/how_it_works.jpg

Cheers

Aces

HARD_Sarge
12-05-2004, 07:09 AM
Looking good, as always

thanks for the work

HARD_Sarge

Saunders1953
12-05-2004, 09:29 AM
Hey Aces:

Success! Actually, LOL, there is a possibility that it was actually working yesterday at some point, but I was not trying it out on a lot of different aircraft after my error-free install, just Zeros and F4F-3's. (I also got rid of the superfluous Ubi Soft folder before I reinstalled it this morning, FWIW.)

So, I take it that on some aircraft, only certain markings, or no markings, can be applied? For example, on the F4F-3, I only get numbers (in the QMB, that is--I haven't tried it in the FMB yet)and no national markings, the same as with the game default. I really wanted to put the big-*** white star/blue field on my 1942 USN/USMC aircraft!

And btw, the game default apparently doesn't put ANY markings, including numbers, on the F4F-4. Is that a bug or I have a glitch?

Well, thanks again Aces, your a true gentleman.

Aces_High_2
12-05-2004, 10:42 AM
Hi Saunder1953,

Glad to hear that to have it working. Yes the game doesn't put certain markings on. The star'n bars are one such marking which the san't do with TGA graphics files, they only appear on the skin.

Have fun and best regards

Aces

Aces_High_2
12-05-2004, 01:12 PM
Hi guys,

Something else for you;

Download link (http://www.leigh-kemp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk//New_randomised_USAAF_MATs_and_new_TGA_files.exe)

http://www.aces-artwork.co.uk/NEW_randomised_USAAF_USN_Numbering.jpg

Cheers all

Aces

jamesdietz
12-08-2004, 09:53 AM
Just put me on the list for everything!!! Now if you could only work out victory markings for Luftwaffe rudders & pin-up artwork for my B-25 cockpit.....