PDA

View Full Version : IL2 Question

vozzek6969
02-22-2006, 02:12 PM
Hi all -

I'm very new, been playing Silent Hunter III for a few weeks now and keep seeing posts on their message board about "IL2". Saw some screenshots and thought it to be the same game as Pacific Fighters.

So I just bought IL2 on ebay. Does it include Pacific Fighters or is it a seperate game?

Thanks -

vozzek6969
02-22-2006, 02:12 PM
Hi all -

I'm very new, been playing Silent Hunter III for a few weeks now and keep seeing posts on their message board about "IL2". Saw some screenshots and thought it to be the same game as Pacific Fighters.

So I just bought IL2 on ebay. Does it include Pacific Fighters or is it a seperate game?

Thanks -

slo_one23
02-22-2006, 02:45 PM
sperrate game you shoulda got il2 forgotten battles gold pack so you could merge them all together i here thats more fun i dont know becuase i cant find it but yes il2 sturmovik was the original then came forgotten battles then aces expansion pack the pacific fighters

vozzek6969
02-22-2006, 02:53 PM
I did get IL2 Gold Pack. Here's the description I got:

"The award-winning action of IL-2 Sturmovik returns with this double-value Gold Pack, featuring the standalone sequel Forgotten Battles AND the Ace Expansion Pack for one historic price. Take to the skies in more than 50 authentic aircraft and plunge yourself deeper than ever into the perilous world of a WWII fighter pilot."

I didn't know whether or not this included Pacific Fighters. Dunno even what 'IL2' stands for.

Wild.Bill.Kelso
02-22-2006, 03:06 PM
IL2 is a Russian Fighter/Bomber from WWII. The game was developed by Oleg Maddox 1C development company in Russia. Then he came out with a new version called IL2 Forgotten Battles. Then later he came out with an Ace Expansion pack that added more maps, objects, planes (I think). So, then he combined IL2 Forgotten Battles with the ACE Expansion Pack and called it the IL2 Forgotten Battles Gold Pack. That's what I have. It 'does not' include Pacific Fighters. He then came out with separate game called Pacific Fighters. If you have IL2FB, the ACE Expansion Pack, and Pacific Fighters, you can install them all into the same Program Files folder on your hard drive. That is called the 'Merged' Install. That's what many of us have. Then, there are many patches to the game that fixed things and added lot's of new objects and even some new planes FOR FREE! We get very good support from Oleg and 1C.

PS: This is an IL2 Aircraft. Guns, bombs, and Torpedos! YeeHaa!!
http://www.sh-squadron.de/img-gal/il2-skin2.jpg

vozzek6969
02-22-2006, 03:08 PM
Thanks Wild Bill, that's all good info. I appreciate the time you took to explain it. After watching a few movies from this game (including one called 'Pictures of War' from a previous thread) I'm pretty excited about it.

So basically all I need now is Pacific Fighters and a whole lot of patching. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Thanks again.

Wild.Bill.Kelso
02-22-2006, 03:14 PM
Yep. And do yourself a favor. If don't have a HOTAS and TrackIR, get them. Also, click the links in my sig for some good Answers, Tutorials and other stuff. People have made thousands of skins for all the planes, missions, awesome campaigns, and tools for this sim.

Wilburnator
02-22-2006, 10:40 PM
After you've picked up PF, done a merged install, and gotten yourself all patched up, don't forget to download Hyperlobby Client so you can play online. You can play online at Ubi.com as well, but there aren't nearly so many games or players there.

http://hyperfighter.sk/