PDA

View Full Version : Brest to New york

Kaiser_W
01-03-2006, 11:57 PM
It's nice to have the IX, but it took me the better part of a weekend to get to New York and back. Out over two months and about 1800 in renown to show for it. It must have been incredibly taxing to be on such a long mission for the crews. I was getting frustrated at the time it took even at maximum TC. It was however a fun mission. I used all my torpedoes, sank a C-3 in New York harbor and on the way home, I ran across a tak force. Unfortunately, I only had two torpedoes left after putting on in the destroyer that sniffed me out. I got one shot off at the battleship, but coulsn't whip my *** around to line it up again. I did get one hit that will tie her up at Gibraltar for a while.

Right now I picked my game with a type 2 again. They're small, but they're a load of fun too.

Kaiser_W
01-03-2006, 11:57 PM
It's nice to have the IX, but it took me the better part of a weekend to get to New York and back. Out over two months and about 1800 in renown to show for it. It must have been incredibly taxing to be on such a long mission for the crews. I was getting frustrated at the time it took even at maximum TC. It was however a fun mission. I used all my torpedoes, sank a C-3 in New York harbor and on the way home, I ran across a tak force. Unfortunately, I only had two torpedoes left after putting on in the destroyer that sniffed me out. I got one shot off at the battleship, but coulsn't whip my *** around to line it up again. I did get one hit that will tie her up at Gibraltar for a while.

Right now I picked my game with a type 2 again. They're small, but they're a load of fun too.

turnip_tick
01-04-2006, 01:00 AM
try brest-curacoa-tampa-key west- brest in a type VII got 8 kills and only 640 renown. turns out in summer of 40 america was nuetral and sinking 6 of their ships gives a bit of hit