PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 Launch problem

Johno1942
11-24-2009, 07:03 PM
I have an issue with IL2 not running on my new Windows 7 64 Bit system.

I have done both a clean install (following instructions found in other threads on the site) and have copied across my old working install from my now retired XP drive.

When running the game the Optical Drive starts for a moment, then nothing happens.

I am assuming that there is an issue with the CD rom security. Has there been a patch to fix this so that WIndows 7 will recognise the disk security system?

I have read the other threads here about windows 7 compatibility and none of the suggested fixes work.

Thanks in anticipation of help.

Cheers, John.

Johno1942
11-24-2009, 07:03 PM
I have an issue with IL2 not running on my new Windows 7 64 Bit system.

I have done both a clean install (following instructions found in other threads on the site) and have copied across my old working install from my now retired XP drive.

When running the game the Optical Drive starts for a moment, then nothing happens.

I am assuming that there is an issue with the CD rom security. Has there been a patch to fix this so that WIndows 7 will recognise the disk security system?

I have read the other threads here about windows 7 compatibility and none of the suggested fixes work.

Thanks in anticipation of help.

Cheers, John.

WhiteSnake_76
11-25-2009, 03:54 AM
contact an Admin or an Mod for this problem...

Maybe someone should make a sticky for Windows 7 install and running problems and how to solve them.

Urufu_Shinjiro
11-25-2009, 09:06 AM
PM received.

Moosehog1
11-26-2009, 12:35 PM
I am having this exact problem. Who do I contact for info?

Moose

dglasal
11-26-2009, 06:50 PM
Hi,

I'm having the same problem as well. Everything worked well yesterday, today - nothing.

WhiteSnake_76
11-27-2009, 07:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dglasal:
Hi,

I'm having the same problem as well. Everything worked well yesterday, today - nothing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you change some settings than?

try running IL-2 Setup and see if it starts than.

dglasal
11-28-2009, 01:30 PM
Unfortunately, I have not been able to determine the cause of the problem. I did not mod the game in any way between the time I last played and when I could not start it.

I ended up reinstalling on top of the already install game. Successful, kept saved files, etc, just had to reset my config.ini.

SsSsSsSsSnake
11-30-2009, 05:46 PM
urufu, i have clean installed win7 premium 64bit ,installed 1946 from a.exe on disk but it wont launch.tried the usual compatabilty stuff and admin but still no joy,what is the solution?
thanks
sssssssssnake