PDA

View Full Version : North American release date

Schuck
03-20-2011, 08:25 PM
Why is the North American COD release date so much later than the European release date? The earliest I can find is Steam witch is April 19th.

Schuck
03-20-2011, 08:25 PM
Why is the North American COD release date so much later than the European release date? The earliest I can find is Steam witch is April 19th.

M_Gunz
03-20-2011, 09:40 PM
Marketing. Maybe by the Steam witch. Is he related to the Blair witch?

Frequent_Flyer
03-21-2011, 07:13 PM
Think of it this way, by the time we get it in North America. There may be a patch fixing the reported bugs and additional flyables.

kleaneasy
03-23-2011, 06:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Schuck:
Why is the North American COD release date so much later than the European release date? The earliest I can find is Steam witch is April 19th. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know the reason for the different dates, but the date steam have given you is correct for the US

biggs222
03-23-2011, 09:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ms-kleaneasy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Schuck:
Why is the North American COD release date so much later than the European release date? The earliest I can find is Steam witch is April 19th. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know the reason for the different dates, but the date steam have given you is correct for the US </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

More importantly, why is it the 19th on Steam's website and the 26th on UBI's?... this discrepancy is inexcusable!!!

NOTE: these are from the US UBI and US STEAM websites
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/Biggs222/Untitled-1-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/Biggs222/Untitled-2.jpg

Ba5tard5word
03-23-2011, 10:41 AM
So it's confirmed...totally ridiculous. There's no reason for Americans and Canadians to get the shaft.

RSS-Martin
03-23-2011, 11:01 AM
Looks like this time around the uboots are doing a good job! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

biggs222
03-23-2011, 11:04 AM
It a shame that we cant get a straight answer about this...

If ms.kleaneasy is posting (on a UBI forum) that north american release date is the 19th... then why does the the "north american" UBIshop website say the 26th...

one of you is wrong... and im hoping its the US website

RAF_OldBuzzard
03-23-2011, 02:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ba5tard5word:
... There's no reason for Americans and Canadians to get the shaft. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes there is. UBI is a French Co., and the French still haven't forgiven us for saving their arse twice in the last century.

kleaneasy
03-23-2011, 03:36 PM
I'm double checking this for you, if nothing else and the date here is correct we need to get the website updated with the correct information, or via versa

biggs222
03-23-2011, 04:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ms-kleaneasy:
I'm double checking this for you, if nothing else and the date here is correct we need to get the website updated with the correct information, or via versa </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*fingers crossed for the 19th*

TX-Gunslinger
03-24-2011, 08:02 AM
I'm double checking this for you, if nothing else and the date here is correct we need to get the website updated with the correct information, or via versa </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ms Kleaneasy, can someone at UBI help me understand something?

3 or 4 years ago, when DCS:BS was first released, my squadmates and I were able to download the Russian version of the software, from the DCS site on the day of release.

We had to struggle through Cryllic that we didn't understand, but we made it and were playing very quickly.

I've seen many discussions/complaints of why the European version is not available in the Western Hemisphere. One theory that the software had to await ESRB ratings. This was not true for DCS:BS so why should it be true for CoD?

Could it be that there isn't enough server bandwidth to support the simultaneous download, worldwide of hundreds of thousands of customers? The only practical difference I can see between DCS:BS and CoD is that it has the potential for a much larger user base - due to the popularity of Il2 and WW2 themed software.

As a long term UBI customer - I'd just like to understand - why we can't just be given a link (after paying of course) to the software and D/L and play at the same time?

If it is Bandwidth considerations at UBI - wouldn't the fact that our locations are offset by 6/7/8/9 hours be sufficient to mitigate it?

S!

Gunny

mattiusb
03-24-2011, 09:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RAF_OldBuzzard:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ba5tard5word:
... There's no reason for Americans and Canadians to get the shaft. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes there is. UBI is a French Co., and the French still haven't forgiven us for saving their arse twice in the last century. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
FACT - It was the Brits that saved the French, Not the self obsessed yanks. (Hence that's why UK get best release date/options!)

Doolittle81
03-24-2011, 02:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mattiusb:
FACT - It was the Brits that saved the French, Not the self obsessed yanks. (Hence that's why UK get best release date/options!) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

You forgot to put the http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif or http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif after that statement of "fact".

stefos1
03-24-2011, 04:09 PM
Hi all,

I live in the U.S. and was interested in the Collector's edition boxed set.

WHOM will be selling it in the U.S.?

I visited Gamestop & EBgames & Bestbuy with no success.

Is the collector's edition available in the U.S. anyway?

Thank you!

TgD Thunderbolt56
03-25-2011, 06:54 AM
@ Ba5tard5word: If you were around for the last major release (IL2:FB) you may recall North America had it available about 10 days before Europe and a few days after Russia. Just relax, you're not getting the shaft.

@ stefos1: Collector's Editions are ALWAYS limited in number and I'm of the understanding they will not be available in the US. I hope I'm wrong, but at this late date I seriously doubt I am. Usually CE's are pre-ordered and not available by the time the general release is out.

TB

mattiusb
03-25-2011, 09:50 AM
Judging by the comments about the epilepsy/performance issue I can only suggest that the Americans are ironically lucky that they can't order until the truth is discovered.

Ba5tard5word
03-25-2011, 12:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">@ Ba5tard5word: If you were around for the last major release (IL2:FB) you may recall North America had it available about 10 days before Europe and a few days after Russia. Just relax, you're not getting the shaft. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a freakin' digital download, what are they doing for three weeks, changing all the instances of "colour" to "color?" In any case I don't really care anymore if this epilepsy filter ruins the game.

saipan1972
03-26-2011, 10:10 AM
amazon just delayed the relase date until april 22 or so. the 2nd delay. yawn.

JoshuaHedge2011
03-26-2011, 12:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mattiusb:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RAF_OldBuzzard:

Yes there is. UBI is a French Co., and the French still haven't forgiven us for saving their arse twice in the last century. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
FACT - It was the Brits that saved the French, Not the self obsessed yanks. (Hence that's why UK get best release date/options!) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>So So very true http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

mattiusb
03-26-2011, 02:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JoshuaHedge2011:

FACT - It was the Brits that saved the French, Not the self obsessed yanks. (Hence that's why UK get best release date/options!) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>So So very true http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just a shame we've all been shafted by this CRAZY Anti Epilepsy Filter!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

M_Gunz
03-26-2011, 03:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">@ Ba5tard5word: If you were around for the last major release (IL2:FB) you may recall North America had it available about 10 days before Europe and a few days after Russia. Just relax, you're not getting the shaft. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a freakin' digital download, what are they doing for three weeks, changing all the instances of "colour" to "color?" In any case I don't really care anymore if this epilepsy filter ruins the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They want to give the pirates a head start so they know about how fast it got cracked and exported to the US.

Frequent_Flyer
03-26-2011, 03:49 PM

FACT - It was the Brits that saved the French, Not the self obsessed yanks. (Hence that's why UK get best release date/options!) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Swordfish won the war!!! You go girl !!!

saipan1972
03-26-2011, 07:28 PM
US amazon delayed AGAIN to april 24

flyingbullseye
03-26-2011, 08:02 PM
Now its been delayed to the 26th.