PDA

View Full Version : A puzzling dgen question

stugumby
03-25-2008, 07:47 PM
ok im currently stooging about in the sturmovik campaign, i was in an early sturmovik and after ending that campaign im now in the crimea but in a pe-2, not so bad except its a 1944 version and im supposed to be in 1942 crimea. So maybe a dgen bug or a map time interface thingee due to the complexities of dgen.

had a smaller one in going from mig to yak also in crimea, guess the best way is to open all of the campaigns in career mode and fly them self sequentially?? still fun though

stugumby
03-25-2008, 07:47 PM
ok im currently stooging about in the sturmovik campaign, i was in an early sturmovik and after ending that campaign im now in the crimea but in a pe-2, not so bad except its a 1944 version and im supposed to be in 1942 crimea. So maybe a dgen bug or a map time interface thingee due to the complexities of dgen.

had a smaller one in going from mig to yak also in crimea, guess the best way is to open all of the campaigns in career mode and fly them self sequentially?? still fun though

mortoma
03-25-2008, 08:50 PM
Sounds like when you created your campaign you chose the wrong plane from the drop-down menu for that particular phase of the war or sub-campaign. But why is that model of PE-2 appearing that early in the menu? That means that one of the planesRu*.dat files for that year/sub-campaign has a later version of the PE-2 than it should in the early part of the war. You can edit this yourself to prevent it from happening again. Or change it to a earlier model. Those files are in the Dgen folder.

I don't know which planesRU*.dat file it is right now. My desktop PC that I have 1946 on is hosed and I will not be able to play the game or look at the files until I either get a new graphics card or a totally new PC, as I think it's my graphics card that went down. All I know is that you should look at all your planesRu*.dat files and delete such planes if they are appearing too early in the war.

I have seen you post before and you seem like you are knowledgable enough to figure it out on your own, now that I have you on the right track. Just wish I could help more but with my PC down no chance.

crucislancer
03-25-2008, 09:18 PM
For the campaign in question, it's the PlanesRuS.dat file:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
[Lvov41]
I_153_M62
I_153P
IL_2_1940Early

[Barbarossa]
IL_2_1940Early
IL_2_1940Late
IL_2_1941Early

[Typhoon]
IL_2_1940Late
IL_2_1940Early
IL_2_1941Early
PE_2SERIES359

[Crimea42]
PE_2SERIES359
IL_2_1941Early
IL_2_1940Early
IL_2_1940Late

[Kuban42]
IL_2MEarly
PE_2SERIES359
IL_2_1941Early

[Stalingrad]
IL_2MLate
IL_2MEarly
PE_2SERIES359
IL_2Type3

[Rzhev42]
IL_2MLate
PE_2SERIES359
IL_2MEarly
IL_2Type3

[Kuban43]
IL_2Type3
PE_2SERIES359
IL_2MEarly
IL_2MLate

[Kursk]
IL_2Type3M
IL_2Type3

[Kubanlate43]
IL_2Type3
IL_2Type3M

[Crimea44]
IL_2Type3
IL_2Type3M

[Bagration]
IL_2Type3
IL_2Type3M
IL_10

[Berlin]
IL_2Type3
IL_2Type3M
IL_10
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I looked at the backup of my original Dgen folder and it wasn't like this, so I'm guessing it's from one of the Enjoyr patches, but I can't tell how far back it goes. Like mortoma said, should be an easy fix.

mortoma
03-26-2008, 07:06 PM
Yeah, I knew it was something like that!! Simply delete the model 359 and replaced it with an earlier and more appropriate model. Just make sure you spell it exactly as it is supposed to be because the internal names have to be exact. If you don't know waht the earlier model names are you can simply make a simple mission in Full Mission Builder with all the PE-2s selected for the mission and then open up the "whatever.mis" file ( whatever you name it )
and look at all the internal names for the various PE-2s.

DKoor
03-27-2008, 05:29 AM
It's interested to note that 359 is slower than both 84 and 110 variant on altitudes of operations.

stugumby
03-27-2008, 05:54 PM
Yep thats what i was concerned with, it seems about 2 yrs ago there was a write up on adding in pe-2 and you had to edit 2 files one the planes and the other was like a loadout part, i had it for awhile but it was a conversion from the tb-3 campaign and nothing lined up due to extreme differences in speed, trains and convoys no where near waypoints etc. Im going to copy and tinker, thanks for the help.