PDA

View Full Version : Playing tracks and il-2skins.com

Wobbiebait
02-19-2005, 05:57 AM
Hello fellow il-2 buffs. I was hoping someone could help me out. I have saved lots of tracks during my run with this game and its predecessors. But, every time I upgrade with patch or add-on, I lose the ability to view the tracks I had saved previously.

Is there anyway to play the tracks I created with AEP now that I have added Pacific Fighters and the LAST DAYS?

Oh, and any idea with il2skins.com will be resurrected?

A big thank you in advance!

Scott

Wobbiebait
02-19-2005, 05:57 AM
Hello fellow il-2 buffs. I was hoping someone could help me out. I have saved lots of tracks during my run with this game and its predecessors. But, every time I upgrade with patch or add-on, I lose the ability to view the tracks I had saved previously.

Is there anyway to play the tracks I created with AEP now that I have added Pacific Fighters and the LAST DAYS?

Oh, and any idea with il2skins.com will be resurrected?

A big thank you in advance!

Scott

Extreme_One
02-19-2005, 09:31 AM
Use the online track method that generates .ntrk files - they work form patch to patch.

The only way you can view .trk tracks on a later version of FB/PF is to play them on the same version they were recorded on and re-save them as .ntrk files so they will work on all later versions of the game.

Wobbiebait
02-19-2005, 04:22 PM
Thank you for the quick response! I was afraid it was going to be more work than it was worth to salvage those old tracks. Oh well. I know how to save them in the future.

Extreme one - I have another question for you. (Please excuse my ignorance in these matters, but I am not that computer competent.)

QUESTION 2: I downloaded you Battle of Britain campaign sometime ago. I very much enjoyed it - thank you for producing it for us! However, anytime I fly now, I have the British pilots yabbering on the radio (no matter which country I am flying for!). How do I get rid of the Brit voices that continue to ring in my head!? I have moved the whole GB voice pack into a different location on my harddrive thinking that might shut them up, but to no avail and I do not want to erase them as I might fly the campaign again one day. Any ideas?

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!

FoolTrottel
02-19-2005, 04:37 PM
Wobbie,
Checkout the folder 'Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\samples\Music\InFlight' and delete files that are present in there.

Other possible solution is to turn off 'inflight tracks' in the audio settings, music.