PDA

View Full Version : Bid For Trainer

MOH_MADMAN
02-03-2006, 12:21 AM
I know, have read, and have posted bout 4 years ago, to have a trainer craft, two seater. Still would like to see it, it would be the shortest distance between a noob and a well trained teammate.
anyway, ...

MAD

MOH_MADMAN
02-03-2006, 12:21 AM
I know, have read, and have posted bout 4 years ago, to have a trainer craft, two seater. Still would like to see it, it would be the shortest distance between a noob and a well trained teammate.
anyway, ...

MAD

Cadet_Bobo
02-03-2006, 12:51 AM
It would be awsome to have two pilot (front/rear or side by side) controls in one aircraft for training, probably beyond this sims capability, but maybe someday......

HelSqnProtos
02-03-2006, 12:58 AM
S~!

I suspect that is on the way for B.O.B. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

Would love to see it in now, but like the previous poster, not sure if it is technically possible with this engine.

Philipscdrw
02-03-2006, 08:22 AM
I think it's beyond Il-2's capability to have more than one person in control of the aircraft. But you could build a co-op with a bomber, or a DF server with external views, and the instructor could sit in the gunner's seat (or follow in external view) to instruct the pupil in the pilot's seat.

heywooood
02-03-2006, 10:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HelSqnProtos:
S~!

I suspect that is on the way for B.O.B. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

Would love to see it in now, but like the previous poster, not sure if it is technically possible with this engine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For BoB - it would be interesting if everyone had to qualify in flight training campaign
going from Moth to Fury to Hurri and having to advance through basic flying to formation to gunnery and night flying with some basic navigation etc...from an immersion aspect - this might work well.

Philipscdrw
02-03-2006, 10:48 AM
That would be nice, but would it be worth the effort of modelling a Moth and Fury, which wouldn't be used very much for anything else?

heywooood
02-04-2006, 11:33 AM
they would be used every time a new pilot was created and an offline campaign begun, or at least - that could be the option...only online users would see them as a waste. Try to think of ALL the people that would buy and use the simulation.