PDA

View Full Version : Personal Gamer Life : Decisions!? help!

Toxicdude12
02-18-2010, 02:19 PM
Im going through a time where I only have money for 1 game & so
help me get your best choice
PS:i personally found this tough so thats why I came here.

PSS:im on this forum because im not on any other one.

PSS:& last thing ;I have an Xbox 360 & Ps3 so no flame wars plz!

Joshua Morrison
02-18-2010, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Toxicdude12:
Im going through a time where I only have money for 1 game & so
help me get your best choice
PS:i personally found this tough so thats why I came here.

PSS:im on this forum because im not on any other one.

PSS:& last thing ;I have an Xbox 360 & Ps3 so no flame wars plz!

Save your money.... none of these titles seem like they are worth 60 dollars.

JAHman28
02-18-2010, 02:40 PM
So what's heavy rain all about?

I heard it is a PS3 exclusive, I don't have a PS3 and I don't plan on getting one.

Ps. dead rising 2 looks like a zombie-filled sandbox with no story and poor gameplay.

BUT if you're looking for fun and gory animations, dead rising 2 may be the game for you.

sgt_brent
02-18-2010, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by JoshuaMorrison:
Save your money.... none of these titles seem like they are worth 60 dollars.

Hahaaaa - Oh NO you didn't!!

Mr.E.Bear
02-18-2010, 02:42 PM
Not one of those games is above rent worthy imo, JC2 and DR2 are bar far gonna give you more gameplay for your buck, but the prequels of both had good ideas marred by sub par gameplay.

CompanionCube
02-18-2010, 02:49 PM
It depends on the kind of gamer you are, I really like action/adventure so I'm going with Splinter Cell, however when I get the money Heavy Rain is way up on my list and I don't even have a PS3 (I'll mooch off my friends) because the entire game is story driven. Dead Rising 2 would be a good choice if you liked the first, I however did not, it looks decent though.

gytamas88
02-18-2010, 03:10 PM
SCC for sure! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif If not, go with Heavy Rain imo. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Btw it's not PSS but PPS. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

oO_ShadowFox_Oo
02-18-2010, 05:01 PM
Heavy Rain is going to be a big disappointment me thinks.

Dead Rising 1 was meh and I haven't looked into Just Cause 2.

For me personally, I don't think Conviction is going to be worth the $60 because it's simply not offering a proper viable online versus mode.

1v1 in a shooter simply is not attractive and you'll be finished playing the story and co-op in a week.

Rental if it were me anyhoo

shanethebouncer
02-18-2010, 05:06 PM
You post this on splinter celll conviction forums what do you think the asnwer is gonna be lol why did you even post this

sammyboy1981
02-18-2010, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by oO_ShadowFox_Oo:

Heavy Rain is pretty much a giant button prompt cutscene right? I'm totally confused as to what that game "IS". It's basically an 8-hour movie where every so often you make a decision on behalf of the character(s)...RIGHT?

sameer_monier
02-18-2010, 05:13 PM
okay i will tell you what i know

Heavy Rain is a story where you drive it, it wants patience, and wants you to live with it, it's a life more than a game choices, choices, choices (ps. try the demo on psn i played it and it was amazing but not my type)

Dead Rising 2 ---------> no idea sorry :S

SSC : fast paced stealth mixed with some action, it's the best game for ME

just cause 2 : looks wonderful with open world like Mercenaries, and the hook gives you so much fun

just watch some videos again and decide, plus Heavy rain is on Feb, SCC on April, Just Cause 2 on March, so there is some time between them may be you can save up some money, good luck http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

sting992
02-18-2010, 07:54 PM
Well a think your gonna get a pretty biased answer Hence:Splinter Cell Conviction Forums. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

DarthViscer
02-18-2010, 08:17 PM
I'm gonna reply honestly how I would purchase these games. I feel like Heavy Rain would be really boring, its just a bunch of QTE's. I hate the first Dead Rising because I die all the damn time, it ruins the experience. I have enjoyed any and all Splinter Cell games I have played. Just Cause 2 looks great, I loved the first to an extent, I'd wait for reviews on all of 'em but if it was my decision I'd be getting SC:C

sgt_brent
02-18-2010, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by oO_ShadowFox_Oo:

Agreed - Although it LOOKS great (visuals).. Personally, that type of game doesn't keep me occupied very long..

I LOVE story driven games, but not in that sense.. I got bored with ME1 and 2 because of this, to be honest.. I might as well watch a movie!

Dead Rising was repetitive for me, and I have no desire to play the next one.. Just Cause 2 might be okay - It looks decent!

But my personal opinion - I'm going to seriously say Conviction.. NOT because this is a Splinter Cell forum, sting992, but because it seems like the game, IMO, that is going to offer the most entertainment to me.. For no other reason!

icenutzz
02-18-2010, 09:23 PM
If you can only get one game get something with good replay value such as a game with good online vs. I dont believe this is that game.

DeafAtheist
02-19-2010, 11:38 AM
I'm surprised Red Dead Redemption isn't on that list. If I could only afford one game I'd be getting Red Dead Redemption, but fortunately I can get both.

srdjan_ribar
02-19-2010, 11:46 AM
Conviction of course, but i had high hopes for heavy rain (than i found out it is PS 3 exclusive)

Vulkurt
02-19-2010, 11:53 AM
I know nothing about JC2 or DR2, and I am getting SC:C. However, I played the demo for Heavy Rain and would really like to get a copy. However, my budget is crunched, so I probably won't be able to for a while. I'm assuming you have a PS3, or it wouldn't be on your list. Have you tried the demo yet? That would give you a good idea as to if it is a must have title for you or if it is passable.

Knot3D
02-19-2010, 11:57 AM
I voted SC Conviction, but I do think Heavy Rain is going to be awesome. People who claim it's just a bunch of QTE's are just taking cheap potshots, imo.

It's just that Conviction might have the slight edge because of the replay value by means of co- op/ deniable ops.

The other games I consider to be pure trash.

TreFacTor
02-19-2010, 12:12 PM
Dead Rising 2?
Heavy Rain?
Splinter Cell:Conviction?
Just Cause 2?
Dead Rising 2?
More of the same old same old, if you liked the first one, you'll love this one. I didn't care for it at all.

Heavy Rain?
PS3 exclusive... from what I've read, it's a story driven thriller with actions in the God Of War sense. (sounds like a snore to me.)

Splinter Cell:Conviction?
I wasn't on board in the beginning. I am a fan of the series, but the direction looked horrible. Now that they game is nearing release, I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY HANDS ON IT! I'm going today to Gamestop to make sure my copy and all of the swag will be there, by putting more money down, and verifying the have all of my info!

Just Cause 2?
The first game sucked major elephant balls! Mercenaries was better. After reading up on the second, I can't tell the difference other than the grapling hook, and new tricks you can do on cars, not a big difference between 1 & 2.

DarthViscer
02-19-2010, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by DeafAtheist:
I'm surprised Red Dead Redemption isn't on that list. If I could only afford one game I'd be getting Red Dead Redemption, but fortunately I can get both.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Red Dead is looking amazing.

DeafAtheist
02-19-2010, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Rutiar:

Yep. I'd bet a year's income that it will be the 2010 GOTY

TheFixXxerNL
02-19-2010, 02:34 PM
Just cause 2 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif It's gona be insanehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Forget splintercell!!!

Mr.E.Bear
02-19-2010, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by DeafAtheist:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rutiar:

Yep. I'd bet a year's income that it will be the 2010 GOTY </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye, in terms of value for money, GTA: Wild West blows the combined strength of all the suggested games in the OP outa the water.

UrbanCamoAddict
02-19-2010, 03:35 PM
I dont know how Heavy Rain is winning! Sure its a cool new idea but im not sure how much replay value it would have. SCC FTW if you ask me, I've been waiting for this to be released for a long time.

DeafAtheist
02-19-2010, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by UrbanCamoAddict:
I dont know how Heavy Rain is winning! Sure its a cool new idea but im not sure how much replay value it would have. SCC FTW if you ask me, I've been waiting for this to be released for a long time.

Heavy Rain is NOT winning. Splinter Cell is.

JAHman28
02-19-2010, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by UrbanCamoAddict:

But conviction is winning on the poll...
I think you're getting it mixed up, because heavy rain is right above it...

ps. welcome to the forums http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif