PDA

View Full Version : Ded Admin Server HELP

Was_Sup
02-03-2007, 06:09 PM
I'm having a PB problem where it's kicking everybody for name stealing. Is there a setting where I can turn this off? I thought kicking was disabled...no?

Was_Sup
02-03-2007, 06:09 PM
I'm having a PB problem where it's kicking everybody for name stealing. Is there a setting where I can turn this off? I thought kicking was disabled...no?

RLCSeMPeRFi
02-03-2007, 06:23 PM
Is it one of the cvar checks? You can delete it from the pb cfg file if it is. PB musta crashed our A&D sever 20 times yesterday. Finally I got tired of babysitting so I turned it off. Since then the server has been online and full for about 12 hours.

Was_Sup
02-03-2007, 06:48 PM
Semper, how do you turn it off? I can't find a line in the cfg file that relates to the name stealing ban so I might take your advice on this.

Thanks!

RLCSeMPeRFi
02-03-2007, 06:53 PM
Are you using the textserver bat file to launch? If so just locate ?PB=1? and change it to ?PB=0? and that should kill it. You might also have to set PB to '0' in your kellerserveroptions.ini file.

Was_Sup
02-03-2007, 07:07 PM
Unfortunately the server that I rent from has the bat file locked, I can't access it.

Was_Sup
02-03-2007, 07:08 PM
I guess I could temp remove some of the core PB files though.

sls1aw
02-03-2007, 07:12 PM
You want to find this in the cfg file and delete it

pb_sv_dupNameGrace

ST.Joker
02-03-2007, 07:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GHOST_Sup:
Unfortunately the server that I rent from has the bat file locked, I can't access it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That is because there are no real dedicated server files available to allow you proper server control which is one thing the community has been asking for since the release of the game.

Was_Sup
02-04-2007, 01:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sls1aw:
You want to find this in the cfg file and delete it

pb_sv_dupNameGrace </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank You!