PDA

View Full Version : Dodge is in this game?

NoLunchMafia
03-09-2011, 09:47 PM
Hey,

I'm kind of a newb at this. But I had a guy in my game (TRIGR22) who was literally unkillable? He had at least 3 assassins on top of him in WANTED game mode, and he was dodging every single kill attempt we tried. He was just running around in the open.

I've never seen anyone dodge before, doesn't seem like it's supposed to allow that?

Someone clarify this for me?

NoLunchMafia
03-09-2011, 09:47 PM
Hey,

I'm kind of a newb at this. But I had a guy in my game (TRIGR22) who was literally unkillable? He had at least 3 assassins on top of him in WANTED game mode, and he was dodging every single kill attempt we tried. He was just running around in the open.

I've never seen anyone dodge before, doesn't seem like it's supposed to allow that?

Someone clarify this for me?

GunnarGunderson
03-09-2011, 09:50 PM
I don't know either

some guy was walking up to me and I knew I was going to die, for some reason my character dodged. I didn't do anything though http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Eldest219
03-09-2011, 09:52 PM
First off, welcome to the forums! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Second, no, there isn't dodge unless there's a smokebomb active. Although, occasionally, there will be a random time when you do dodge an attack, but that is extremely rare and probably due to lag.

Third, it's some kind of glitch that occasionally happens. Nothing you can really do about it, I think.

EDIT: Also, you should take that person's name out of your original post. I believe it's against the rules to mention someone's name in bad context.

Gulliev
03-09-2011, 10:13 PM
Yes, it is a glitch. Infinite dodge loop.

DEMON-12_21_2O12
03-09-2011, 10:36 PM
infinite dodge loop. you are unable to be killed, or kill. BUT you CAN poison someone. if you can get close enough. i had it happen to me earlier. an entire game of dodging and i get a poison kill in the middle of a dodge

Mexicutioner87
03-10-2011, 02:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Demon12-21-2012:
infinite dodge loop. you are unable to be killed, or kill. BUT you CAN poison someone. if you can get close enough. i had it happen to me earlier. an entire game of dodging and i get a poison kill in the middle of a dodge </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

although sometimes, as in my countless experiences with the aforementioned dodge loop, once your poison counts down to kill them they'll just stay alive with a poison marker over them for the entire match.

some assassins are clearly too l33t to be killed

Gulliev
03-10-2011, 02:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mexicutioner87:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Demon12-21-2012:
infinite dodge loop. you are unable to be killed, or kill. BUT you CAN poison someone. if you can get close enough. i had it happen to me earlier. an entire game of dodging and i get a poison kill in the middle of a dodge </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

although sometimes, as in my countless experiences with the aforementioned dodge loop, once your poison counts down to kill them they'll just stay alive with a poison marker over them for the entire match.

some assassins are clearly too l33t to be killed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is if they are the invincible ones. Demon was speaking from the one who has the invincibility point of view. You can't kill anyone when you have the glitch in any way that involves the X/? button, but you can still get kills with poison. If you had it equipped.

It is always a funny sight to have this glitch and do an aerial kill attempt only to see them dodge a dive-bombing Templar!

obliviondoll
03-10-2011, 03:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mexicutioner87:

some assassins are clearly too l33t to be killed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If you poison the person in the loop, they'll get permanent green-screen, but won't die.

THAT player can poison others though.

Not 100% consistent though, sometime the poison will be impossible to actually use (permanent "You must get closer" message).

I've had it happen before both ways.

DEMON-12_21_2O12
03-10-2011, 07:30 AM
thats actually what happened. i was the one glitched. i went for an engineer, he threw smoke so i backed off. then once it cleared i went for the kill, he dodges. so then he tries to stun, i dodge. well we go at this for a good 3 minutes and then my target leaves. so my pursuer comes and tries to kill me, i dodge. so now my target comes back, i try and kill again, dodge. so i hit poison, it worked lol. then my screen turns green from my pursuer, the timer ran out on the poison but i still got to walk around green screen and all XD

NoLunchMafia
03-10-2011, 08:56 PM
So... my question is--

How did dodge even get into Multiplayer? Was this a hidden feature that they decided not to implement? There are animations for it and everything.

Course, I've only ever played 3 of the modes... I don't know if there's a mode with Dodge.

o MaC BlAsTeD o
03-10-2011, 09:03 PM
You can dodge in the game on purpose in assassinate... What ends up happening is the "Dodger" kills a random persona as his pursuer is about to kill him thus he dodges, you lose your target and he ends up turning around and kills you...

Dog 0f War
03-10-2011, 09:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NoLunchMafia:
So... my question is--

How did dodge even get into Multiplayer? Was this a hidden feature that they decided not to implement? There are animations for it and everything.

Course, I've only ever played 3 of the modes... I don't know if there's a mode with Dodge. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Dodge is part of the game, it is when you use smoke at the perfect time it will do a dodge animation. Other than that the rest is a glitch, but in the new assassination mode you will dodge every time some one tries to kill you with out a lock on.

obliviondoll
03-11-2011, 05:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NoLunchMafia:
So... my question is--

Course, I've only ever played 3 of the modes... I don't know if there's a mode with Dodge. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It was put in to account for lag, basically.

When a player doesn't see their target's Smoke/Mute go off because of lag, and has already hit the button before the system catches up, the dodge animation happens as a smoother fix that having them just spontaneously fall over stunned mid-kill. It doesn't make a difference to the end result, but it makes getting to that result look cleaner in-game.