PDA

View Full Version : Check out the size of the "kingdom" ( with screenshot )

Ali_Barber
05-24-2007, 04:42 AM
I just found this new screenshot at the Ubi site, and when I looked at it, it looked kind of familier. If you have watched the gameplay video you will know what I am talking about.

Here is the screenshot that I modified to make it easier: http://img58.imageshack.us/my.php?image=acscreen19bigwetterxo7.jpg
It must be out of the latest video.

Now, if you have seen the XO6 demo you'll notice that the blue dot is where the person in the demo started( right next the waterway in the red circle).

You will also notice in the purple cirle, the gate Altiar enters in the demo.

Then finally when he tries to escape he cuts down the scaffholding (in the purple circle).

You can also see the two cities in the yellow circles.

Now, that may not seem very significant. But since this demo was real-time, the cities in the background must be real, not artwork.

This may give us an idea of what the game world will be like, for example the distance between the cities. We also know that each city is currently 15 times the size of the first demo level at XO6.

It good to know that we won't be spending days traveling between cities. I think its best to have the world the way it is in the shot. Becuase we have massive cities to play around in, and we don't have to fritter our time away travelling between them, but we still have country to make it believable. Assuming of course that there is country that surrounds these cities too.

Nice work Ubi, I'm sure we will all appreciate it soon. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ali_Barber
05-24-2007, 04:42 AM
I just found this new screenshot at the Ubi site, and when I looked at it, it looked kind of familier. If you have watched the gameplay video you will know what I am talking about.

Here is the screenshot that I modified to make it easier: http://img58.imageshack.us/my.php?image=acscreen19bigwetterxo7.jpg
It must be out of the latest video.

Now, if you have seen the XO6 demo you'll notice that the blue dot is where the person in the demo started( right next the waterway in the red circle).

You will also notice in the purple cirle, the gate Altiar enters in the demo.

Then finally when he tries to escape he cuts down the scaffholding (in the purple circle).

You can also see the two cities in the yellow circles.

Now, that may not seem very significant. But since this demo was real-time, the cities in the background must be real, not artwork.

This may give us an idea of what the game world will be like, for example the distance between the cities. We also know that each city is currently 15 times the size of the first demo level at XO6.

It good to know that we won't be spending days traveling between cities. I think its best to have the world the way it is in the shot. Becuase we have massive cities to play around in, and we don't have to fritter our time away travelling between them, but we still have country to make it believable. Assuming of course that there is country that surrounds these cities too.

Nice work Ubi, I'm sure we will all appreciate it soon. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Thumper1980
05-24-2007, 04:49 AM
Good work there modifying it all.
don't be so easily deceived, looks like there are rolling hills, so it's close as the crow flies. But on horse back it could take marginally longer.

Ali_Barber
05-24-2007, 04:51 AM
Yes, don't worry I saw them. But still, it should take long to travel.

Virus_Within
05-24-2007, 06:38 AM
May just be me with my history, but isnt damascus one of the cities?

If so then it should be set in a valley basin in the dessert.

I think they might just be outposts of some kind to the actual to the actual city

Thumper1980
05-24-2007, 06:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Virus_Within:

I think they might just be outposts of some kind to the actual to the actual city </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I reckon you could be right in that.

Acre is a major Port.
Wheres the water?

It'd be pretty sketchy if you had Line of Sight from one city to the next.
Who knows, only time will tell my friends.

lpcrispo
05-24-2007, 08:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Thumper1980:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Virus_Within:

I think they might just be outposts of some kind to the actual to the actual city </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I reckon you could be right in that.

Acre is a major Port.
Wheres the water?

It'd be pretty sketchy if you had Line of Sight from one city to the next.
Who knows, only time will tell my friends. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Depth of field is next-gen ahahha
look at Oblivion, you can see the city from very very far... they just put ultra-less-detailed-from-far-away models and textures and change them for ultra-high-detail-from-up-close models and textures when you come close to those cities...

rubent1981
05-24-2007, 08:56 AM
It looks like the city from the first xbox 360 demo, but don't worry because all the cities have been made 15 times bigger then the demo city

noobfun
05-24-2007, 10:33 AM
that city is acre, jade mentions the x06 demo was set in acre so this is the land locked side of the city

dont think those are jerusalem and damascus though

damascus is as mentioned built in a desert basin on flat land with a river running through it

chances are those are outlying towns or fortifed keeps with housing around them, other wise the historic recreation of the cities would be impossible

on a side note when you watch the new trailer about 40 seconds in when he is up the tower you can see just how big the city port of acre is, even if there are some cliffs in the background that cant be there unless some new islands appeard on the coast

princeofyo
05-24-2007, 04:08 PM
The cities really shouldn't be that close. I'm looking forward to exploring the land in between.

I do not believe that those are the cities since where is the dessert?

Pepedou
05-24-2007, 04:47 PM
If you want to see the actual size, check the new video, specially the part where Altair is climbing the tower. Its huge.

princeofyo
05-24-2007, 05:25 PM
Also Damascus's building's do not look like those shown in the backrounds.

I am happy to say that the game will be much bigger then that. I like big games.

templargunman00
05-24-2007, 06:45 PM
I'm just glad this game is going to come out, when I first heard about it, it seemed it wasn't coming out forever.

Ali_Barber
05-24-2007, 09:31 PM
I would much rather have a smaller world but with more detail. I would much rather have a city like that in the third thief game than that of GTA.Its better to have more detail and have everything unique.
And I hope you can enter all the buildings... does anyone know about that.

bobbylucifer1
05-25-2007, 04:07 AM
that questions been asked MANY times and the answer is maybe - in truth we'll have to wait until someone spills the beans in an interview or just wait for the game to come out. it would be cool if you could enter all the buildings but it seems unlikely (they're keeping it well hidden if you can).

Ali_Barber
05-25-2007, 04:56 AM
I'd be totally horrified if we could'nt... especially after J. Raymond said that, in a game the player should'nt have to ask himself, "why can I open this door but not that door", she basically said there should be no restrictions in a game.

P.S. maybe they might make the game so that we can't open doors at all, that way we can't say" why can we open this door" in the first place. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Thumper1980
05-25-2007, 05:02 AM
"Why can't i open this door...Oh, it's locked"

:P

bobbylucifer1
05-25-2007, 05:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">P.S. maybe they might make the game so that we can't open doors at all, that way we can't say" why can we open this door" in the first place. Smile </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats pretty much what i meant as we haven't seen any footage af Altair inside a building yet or more specifically, opening any doors http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

kabura786
05-25-2007, 06:23 AM
Damascus is some 100+ miles away from acre

lpcrispo
05-25-2007, 06:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bobbylucifer1:
thats pretty much what i meant as we haven't seen any footage af Altair inside a building yet or more specifically, opening any doors http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WRONG :P
in the ubiday trailer we can see an indoor fight http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
but, we dont see him opening any door so you are only wrong in parts :P

Virus_Within
05-25-2007, 08:35 AM
So we established that the buildings and keeps in the background are just outbuildings. Damascus is some hundreds of miles north of Acre and Jeruselum.

I for one can`t wait to explore Damascus as i visited the place on a cruise, so it will be amazing to see how close it is to real life ( The General layout and The old buildings ofcourse, like the many temples ect.)

TancredUK
05-25-2007, 10:41 AM
Are we sure they are supposed to be Acre and Damascus? Ms Raymond did say in a video that they had "recreated all of the Holy Land ... that includes all of the major cities", which I don't think means having three cities always within sight of each other and without any significant features between them. In any case, those settlements don't appear to be particularly large. Personally speaking, my family's from Bethlehem and I'm fascinated by the Crusades, so I'd be over the moon were that to feature but I guess it won't because it's to the wrong side (south) of Jerusalem.

First post, totally psyched up for AC.

noobfun
05-25-2007, 10:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TancredUK:
Are we sure they are supposed to be Acre and Damascus? Ms Raymond did say in a video that they had "recreated all of the Holy Land ... that includes all of the major cities", which I don't think means having three cities always within sight of each other and without any significant features between them. In any case, those settlements don't appear to be particularly large. Personally speaking, my family's from Bethlehem and I'm fascinated by the Crusades, so I'd be over the moon were that to feature but I guess it won't because it's to the wrong side (south) of Jerusalem.

First post, totally psyched up for AC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they recreated all the major cities meaning the 3 they wanted to make, but expect a whole bunch of fortresses, estates and towns in between to brighten up the landscape and give you chance to go off bieng all touristy taking holiday photos ^_^

danirivera12
05-26-2007, 11:07 AM
This sc is from the demo that was on the last e3. And they said that that city wouldnt exist on the real game, also if you chek the 2 cities on the background are the same, they have the same tallest bulding and the same 3 trees, just the difference is that one itrs partly covered by a hill

Karl_93
05-26-2007, 02:26 PM
Just think of oblivion, with a hell of a lot of better grafics, a cooler character, both black and white horseys http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif, a bit bigger landscape (i hope) no lagging inbetween areas, and taking place in the middle east. I'm thinking like a 30 min walk in between cities, maybe a 10 minute horse ride or something, as the crow flies. This is what I'm hoping to get, but the more the merrier!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif and dont forget how long this games been in production....

Trak_Rekkid
05-28-2007, 07:37 AM
1st post!

Good topic... i've been to israel and seen acre (akko in hebrew) and the old city of jerusalem and this aspect of the game is definitely what has got my attention.

i know it's been said before but the two circled areas in the photos are most definitely NOT the "other" cities from the game. akko is a fair way from jerusalem, a good couple of hours on the bus (definitely no line of site!), and damascus is a hell of a long way north of both of them. i'm not sure exactly when a lot of the cities in israel were founded but i mean there are a boat load of "old" ones... tiberias (near the sea of galilee) is pretty old i think and that's most definitely in the acre/jerusalem/damuscus triangle... ditto nazareth... there's also some amazing countryside in the galilee area (northernmost area of israel), it'll be cool seeing if they've recreated this... man it'll be like digital travelling, i'm really excited about this! to be honest i have serious doubts if they'll actually pull off such a huge area, i mean it'd make the san andreas area look like a sandpit... guess we'll see in a couple of months... even just seeing digital recreations of acre and jerusalem will be cool... can't wait...

Trak_Rekkid
05-28-2007, 07:47 AM
just looking at a map... damascus is actually about equidistant from akko as jerusalem, never been there or really looked on a map, i didn't realise it was so much to the southwestern side of syria... anyway i was maybe a bit wrong when i said "a hell of a long way" from akko... but still a long way noreast... judging from my map, akko is about 140ks north of jerusalem, and damascus about 180 eastnoreast from akko, and a whopping 240ks northeast of jerusalem... that's gotta be an impossible area to render even in, say, a dodgey san andreas level of detail... hats off to the developers if they really pull it off... and i hope they get all the pretty flowers and hiking in the galilee hahaha...

rubent1981
05-28-2007, 08:13 AM
The screenshot is made in the demo map that was showed at the E3 last year, Jade has said that it was a demomap and it will not be in the game.
THats also the reason why the 2 buildings/ruins are the same, they made it a bit easier for themselves because it was only a demo map.