PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Retirement Benefits

samward
02-16-2011, 02:15 PM
Taking a break from all the seriousness that is the Assassin's Creed Forum, I had this random thought... The Brotherhood is all about Assassin's...duh... but Assassin's have to be able to free run and stay fit... so what would happen for arguments sake to an assassin that was wounded in a way that made him or her disabled? What would they do put them on paper duty? Was there even such a thing back in the times of the Crusades and the Italian Renaissance? Maybe they would swear them to secrecy and send them away with retirement benefits, hahaha....I mean what would the brotherhood do with an Assassin who can't be an Assassin?

samward
02-16-2011, 02:15 PM
Taking a break from all the seriousness that is the Assassin's Creed Forum, I had this random thought... The Brotherhood is all about Assassin's...duh... but Assassin's have to be able to free run and stay fit... so what would happen for arguments sake to an assassin that was wounded in a way that made him or her disabled? What would they do put them on paper duty? Was there even such a thing back in the times of the Crusades and the Italian Renaissance? Maybe they would swear them to secrecy and send them away with retirement benefits, hahaha....I mean what would the brotherhood do with an Assassin who can't be an Assassin?

Johno_efc
02-16-2011, 02:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by samward:
Taking a break from all the seriousness that is the Assassin's Creed Forum, I had this random thought... The Brotherhood is all about Assassin's...duh... but Assassin's have to be able to free run and stay fit... so what would happen for arguments sake to an assassin that was wounded in a way that made him or her disabled? What would they do put them on paper duty? Was there even such a thing back in the times of the Crusades and the Italian Renaissance? Maybe they would swear them to secrecy and send them away with retirement benefits, hahaha....I mean what would the brotherhood do with an Assassin who can't be an Assassin? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lob him in the bureau.

samward
02-16-2011, 02:25 PM
"...and our next stop on our tour is the hall of washed up assassins, feel free to remove any cob webs you find." haha

EternalWarMage
02-16-2011, 02:40 PM
They become politicians... Oh wait, that's what the Templars do with their wastes of resources.

Maybe the Assassins 'retire' them. Permanently. Kaput. Shtum. Bye bye. Ciao. Arriverdeci. Au revoir. Sayanora... And for the terminally slow assassin's amongst us, maybe they just kill them. Excess baggage and all that.

Mind you, saying that, they always need people to clean the bogs I'm guessing...

Oatkeeper
02-16-2011, 02:46 PM
I would think it would be fairly obvious, considering we saw it happen in the first hour of AC1.

When Malik lost his arm he was resigned to work in a bureau, and he says to altair in one visit that he has assassins who report to him. Likely the Assassins who are no longer able to perform in the field (of combat) are given jobs are informants or, if they are knowledgeable, positions of leadership.

massmurdera_666
02-16-2011, 05:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Oatkeeper:
I would think it would be fairly obvious, considering we saw it happen in the first hour of AC1.

When Malik lost his arm he was resigned to work in a bureau, and he says to altair in one visit that he has assassins who report to him. Likely the Assassins who are no longer able to perform in the field (of combat) are given jobs are informants or, if they are knowledgeable, positions of leadership. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, I just finished playing AC 1 again and most of the informants have spoken with Altair about their disabilities, usually when you have to assassinate someone looking for them. Also, in PL I believe there's a memory where an assassin has to go and convince some "retired" assassin's to help him.

MrJLBoyyy
02-16-2011, 06:30 PM
I like how the "non-serious" thread became serious... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Alpha Ender
02-16-2011, 08:03 PM
I'd say either the Bureau or maybe the base. Like...for Ezio's time, perhaps to train younger Assassins on how to blend in with crowds, or they would have jobs like securing weapons, disinformation, etc. Think of an intelligence agency. Not everyone is James Bond or Jason Bourne (maybe a few, but doubtful). There's people who have to collect information for these groups to operate, kapeesh?

samward
02-17-2011, 12:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MrJLBoyyy:
I like how the "non-serious" thread became serious... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is always one... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

samward
02-17-2011, 12:55 AM
As for the more serious responses...I think you are both missing the point. hahah Yes true in AC1 there was a safe haven for a guy with one arm....and I suppose that could be brought over to AC2...but what about the Assassin that has broken his back and cant walk or even just has a really bad limp and so running is not an option. He would not be a very good teacher of blending in...as he would not be able to move well and teaching defense well that would make for a very easy training session for the young assassin now wouldn't it? And as for collecting info, there may not be as much jumping around with that, but there is still strong possibility that you could have to escape if you are found out to be a spy....what would the disabled Assassin due...oh no must....get....away....30 mins later he has made it down the steps...hmmm not exactly the person I would want digging out info for me....no I think I like the other answers better...

Though I suppose if you really want to give them a job over younger assassins they could be grand story masters...hahah send all the young assassins into a great room where men are sitting around in smoking jackets and talking about, back when I was an assassin..... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif