add him to the list with the grizzly man

RedDeth
09-04-2006, 12:23 PM
http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=232667&GT1=7703

crododile hunter dies in freak stingray accident

add him to the list with the grizzly man

danjama
09-04-2006, 12:39 PM
double post but eh still http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

StG2_Schlachter
09-04-2006, 01:13 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Man, his shows were very enjoyable. Never saw someone as enthusiastic about wildlife as him.

But at least he died doing someting he loved.

Rest in Peace man.

SkyChimp
09-04-2006, 03:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedDeth:
http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=232667&GT1=7703

crododile hunter dies in freak stingray accident

add him to the list with the grizzly man </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The "Grizzly Man" was not in the same league. I never saw a filth-filled tirade come from Steve Irwin like I saw from the so called "Grizzly Man."

slo_1_2_3
09-04-2006, 04:45 PM
Steve Erwin always came across to me as a kind genuine man who did what he loved and loved his family, As for Grizzily Man" why'd we even have to bring him up, he always seemed to me that he was slighty ******ed to not see how stupid the things he was doing were, you know tryin to pet a thousand pound pee'd off bear.

dusta01
09-04-2006, 07:10 PM
ahhh for crying out loud can we get these deleted. Do ppl want to make more threads about one friggin person . Come on ppl. None of us knew him, people are saying he did huge things for australia . Apart from saving wildlife and promoting australia's quarantine what exactly did he do to help our country . No more than the 100's of other people who die and do as much if not more for the community . It ****s me to tears how everyone pours out all this balony about how he will be missed etc etc . I bet in a weeks time no-one will remember it unless it's rammed down our throats by the media .

slo_1_2_3
09-04-2006, 07:26 PM
Meh

_VR_ScorpionWorm
09-04-2006, 08:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dusta01:
ahhh for crying out loud can we get these deleted. Do ppl want to make more threads about one friggin person . Come on ppl. None of us knew him, people are saying he did huge things for australia . Apart from saving wildlife and promoting australia's quarantine what exactly did he do to help our country . No more than the 100's of other people who die and do as much if not more for the community . It ****s me to tears how everyone pours out all this balony about how he will be missed etc etc . I bet in a weeks time no-one will remember it unless it's rammed down our throats by the media . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who P!$$ed in your cheerios?

dusta01
09-04-2006, 08:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by _VR_ScorpionWorm:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dusta01:
ahhh for crying out loud can we get these deleted. Do ppl want to make more threads about one friggin person . Come on ppl. None of us knew him, people are saying he did huge things for australia . Apart from saving wildlife and promoting australia's quarantine what exactly did he do to help our country . No more than the 100's of other people who die and do as much if not more for the community . It ****s me to tears how everyone pours out all this balony about how he will be missed etc etc . I bet in a weeks time no-one will remember it unless it's rammed down our throats by the media . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who P!$$ed in your cheerios? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No-one . I am just sick of every god damn forum posting a thread on steve irwin . He died doing what he loved, not by a train, or in a plane accident . He is a celebrity nothing more . No more important than a family member who is at this very moment fighting for his life battling cancer .Someone who has dedicated their life to helping under privilaged children for the last 30 years . Because this guy was all over american TV , i wish to god he wasn;t broadcast all over american TV as he paints a picture that alot of australians dont want published as the way australians are. Bolillo_loco is a prime example of an american obsessed with steve irwin . Yes he has fought for our wildlife and done some adds for our country . So what mate . So before you go asking who pissed in my cheerios i suggest you go take a running jump off a big cliff .

knightflyte
09-04-2006, 08:33 PM

No one who's paradied as much as he has been..... no one who's associated synonymously with one animal..... no one who is in the news INTERNATIONALLY is forgotten in a week.

Have there been people that have done more than him for their community? I'm sure there are. But give the man his props. I saw things on his show I've never seen before. I've learned a few too.

In a world with freaks like Michael Jackson... and spoiled actors....and crooked politicians here was a man genuinely concerned for the well being of animals, and the education of the public. That deserves notice and a silent thought for his family.

No he won't be forgotten anytime soon.

****my opening comment wasn't necessary.....sorry.****

BoCfuss
09-04-2006, 08:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by _VR_ScorpionWorm:

No-one . I am just sick of every god damn forum posting a thread on steve irwin . He died doing what he loved, not by a train, or in a plane accident . He is a celebrity nothing more . No more important than a family member who is at this very moment fighting for his life battling cancer .Someone who has dedicated their life to helping under privilaged children for the last 30 years . Because this guy was all over american TV , i wish to god he wasn;t broadcast all over american TV as he paints a picture that alot of australians dont want published as the way australians are. Bolillo_loco is a prime example of an american obsessed with steve irwin . Yes he has fought for our wildlife and done some adds for our country . So what mate . So before you go asking who pissed in my cheerios i suggest you go take a running jump off a big cliff . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who pissed in your cheerios?

Pirschjaeger
09-04-2006, 08:49 PM
I understand both sides of the debate but at the same time I think both sides are making this much bigger than it is.

Yes, he was a celebrity. Yes, he was doing positive things for both animals and humans. Knowledge and understanding are priceless.

Dusta, you have to consider that Irwin was in peoples homes and as an educator. All though I've never seen his show I can understand what he was doing and how he got connected with the people.

There is a big difference between Irwin and the cancer patient you mentioned. Irwin was known by many. Had he not been known, no one would have cared. It wasn't American TV that made him famous. It was international TV. I've seen his show advertised in both Germany and China.

As for the cancer patient, if he/she were as well known as Irwin, he/she would have received the same response.

Of course there are countless people dying for more worthy causes, but we don't know who they are. It's really that simple.

Fritz

Dew-Claw
09-04-2006, 08:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Chuck Norris originally appeared in the "Street Fighter II" video game, but was removed by Beta Testers because every button caused him to do a roundhouse kick. When asked bout this "glitch," Norris replied, "That's no glitch." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That roundhouse is devistating *rubs the side of his face*
25yrs and I can STILL feel it.

LEXX_Luthor
09-04-2006, 09:11 PM
dusta has something to say, but may not know how to say it.

A reptile worker explained something to me the other day. Here in Ussia, we love the "Stock TV Aussie" image Steve Irwin gave us here in Ussia and elsewhere, and this is what may be riling up the *real* Aussies, the Aussies not Featured On TV, Aussies like dusta.

My analogy is how professional astronomers, in private, avert their eyes in embarassment when the Media name "Carl Sagan" is mentioned. Remember, the exact same TELEVISION -- the same television that brings Micheal Jackson and "spoiled actors" that knightflyte is slamming in his/her poast above, brought Irwin to us also. Yes, the exact same television establishment.

That's what dusta may be saying. Not sure. But he/she has something to say and is NOT slamming Irwin, but is probably slamming the corrupt media Establishment.

knightflyte
09-04-2006, 09:20 PM
Steve irwin or Crocadile Dundee....Which one is THE REAL AUSSIE!!!???!!

Chuck_Older
09-04-2006, 09:25 PM

No-one . I am just sick of every god damn forum posting a thread on steve irwin . He died doing what he loved, not by a train, or in a plane accident . He is a celebrity nothing more . No more important than a family member who is at this very moment fighting for his life battling cancer .Someone who has dedicated their life to helping under privilaged children for the last 30 years . Because this guy was all over american TV , i wish to god he wasn;t broadcast all over american TV as he paints a picture that alot of australians dont want published as the way australians are. Bolillo_loco is a prime example of an american obsessed with steve irwin . Yes he has fought for our wildlife and done some adds for our country . So what mate . So before you go asking who pissed in my cheerios i suggest you go take a running jump off a big cliff . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

~edit

I have misunderstood a few things you posted.

Your personal opinion on Steve Irwin may or may not be the end-all and be-all of what the man did. Have your opinion but allow others to have theirs

dusta01
09-04-2006, 09:27 PM
luthor has it right . I am not slamming steve irwin but the way every god damn forum is posting condolence threads . As to knightflyte apologizing thankyou as you have no idea why i am soo fired up about this. Yes he educated people but in all honesty can u say that steve irwin actually did something that has changed your life that much that he deserves a state funeral ? This is whats being talked about here in australia and personally i think thats outrageous .

To BocFuss how about i say this more directly

Go F#$# yourself . You have no idea of the situation or why i am tired of the millions of threads on this subject. This is a aviation forum, not an apology forum. I come here to talk about aviation , not some some aussie tv star .

Chuck , sorry buddy but i am not looking for sympathy from anyone on this forum. My point is that just because he is a celebrity he deserves more respect from the greater community. Complete and utter bull**** . My point is that if he was just a normal person nothing would be said but because he is a so called "australian icon" he deserves to be treated different

Chuck_Older
09-04-2006, 09:34 PM
I understand what you meant now. I still don't agree that your opinion must be the correct one just because you feel strongly about this

Dukayn_450
09-04-2006, 09:39 PM
On the same note, just because no-one agrees with him doesn't make him wrong.

Everyone used to think the world was flat too.

badaboom.1
09-04-2006, 09:54 PM
Steve educated and entertained my 2 kids and I for years....I remember when he went on the night hunt for gator eggs.......Wow that was intense!!!!!
He was a passionate careing man, he loved what he did....and died doing it.HE WILL BE MISSED.

Chuck_Older
09-04-2006, 09:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dukayn_450:
On the same note, just because no-one agrees with him doesn't make him wrong.

Everyone used to think the world was flat too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The problem with that is that it's strictly argumentative

The world didn't become round because certain people postulated it was and they were adamant about it; it was round completely independent of their convictions. He's entitled to his opinion on Steve Irwin. However, that doesn't preempt anyone else's opinion- right or wrong

LEXX_Luthor
09-04-2006, 10:03 PM
Its not so much opinion as a view of the same thing from a different angle. Viewed from above, a MiG-3 is cammo green. Viewed from below, a MiG-3 is sky cammo light blue.

Anyways, thanks dusta for offering a different angle of view on the subject, a view we can't see from our angle.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

I'm thinking about that big tidal wave hitting Thailand and everywhere in the southwest Pacific/Indian Oceans a year ago, and the even bigger News Media tidal wave here in Ussia focused attention on the SuperModel Tourist who managed to escape the wave but she lost her boyfriend in the wave. But I guess that's what we want to hear about.

LStarosta
09-04-2006, 10:04 PM
Oh, stop the damn bickering already.

I grew up watching Steve's shows, and the guy really had a way of doing things that made interesting something that could otherwise be considered mundane. Maybe he wasn't an icon to you, but he was to a lot of kids (and adults?) who watched his show and learned a thing or two they may not have learned in school. He had a personality and flair for what he was doing, and he had the charisma and ability to propagate his fascination with zoology to others. I think that's why people who were in one way or another affected by Steve's work will remember him for what he did for everyone.

The man just died. This is one of those times where if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Not that I care about what goes on in a public forum, but the way I was raised, it was considered poor form and utter disrespect to bicker about someone after they had just died.

badaboom.1
09-04-2006, 10:26 PM
Very well said LStarosta.

RedDeth
09-04-2006, 10:26 PM
dusta01... this is a forum...this subject may be off topic ...but truthfully...many and some days most are.

dusta01 no one wants to hear a bad attitude in here full of personal emotional issues. we all post here to trade information. dusta01 if you belong to 25 forums and read about the croc hunter on all of them i say YOU have problems greater than your need to rant on our forums

many of us here have enjoyed his life. I have had relatives die from tumors....my best friend got run over on his motorcycle....girlfriend has multiple heart problems... the list goes on and on...

but were all here on this thread to say wow...what a horrible FREAK death! the guy died from a stingray...its unheard of....weve all seen him on jay leno and laughed our azzes off...yes he was a funny man...and has a two year old child...

so dusta01 you have told a couple to go pound sand and another to F ....blankety blank off....

in my book i hope you get your I.P. banned as you are not obeying OUR forum rules.

try to have a nice day bud...you need one

mortoma1958
09-04-2006, 10:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LStarosta:
Oh, stop the damn bickering already.

I grew up watching Steve's shows, and the guy really had a way of doing things that made interesting something that could otherwise be considered mundane. Maybe he wasn't an icon to you, but he was to a lot of kids (and adults?) who watched his show and learned a thing or two they may not have learned in school. He had a personality and flair for what he was doing, and he had the charisma and ability to propagate his fascination with zoology to others. I think that's why people who were in one way or another affected by Steve's work will remember him for what he did for everyone.

The man just died. This is one of those times where if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Not that I care about what goes on in a public forum, but the way I was raised, it was considered poor form and utter disrespect to bicker about someone after they had just died. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif Exactly, he was what he was, no better than anyone else just because he was a celebrity but no worse either. And I have watched many of his shows and enjoyed all of them. The Aussie guy who is all up in arms about the hoopla made about his death should be more respectful of someone who has died and left a wife and children. That's the big issue here, not his celeb status or whether people like him personally or his celeb status..

tagTaken2
09-04-2006, 10:36 PM
Not sure that it could be called a freak death... he spent most of his time pretty much begging to be eaten/stung/chomped etc.

Nice work with the wildlife awareness raising, and all sympathy to his widow and children, but the only reason he's getting a state funeral is because he's a mate of the prime minister.

BoCfuss
09-04-2006, 11:25 PM
To BocFuss how about i say this more directly

Go F#$# yourself . You have no idea of the situation or why i am tired of the millions of threads on this subject. This is a aviation forum, not an apology forum. I come here to talk about aviation , not some some aussie tv star .
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Steve Irwin as I saw on T.V. was a generally good person, when all I see on T.V. and in the news is selfish ****s, he was refreshing at times, a man that loved life and lived it to its fullest. I feel a guy like that should be celebrated, famous or not. I certainly "new" him much better then I know you, and from what I've read here you are a bitter loser who has a hard time coping with stress. I'm sorry you have such troubles as you have now, don't take it out on us though.

Abbuzze
09-04-2006, 11:33 PM
Pity, I liked to watch his show together with my girlfriend. His "creazy" glowing eyes, when he showed an anmimal to the camera where simply great. At least he died when he did what he loved. Terribe for his family. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

pourshot
09-05-2006, 12:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tagTaken2:
Not sure that it could be called a freak death... he spent most of his time pretty much begging to be eaten/stung/chomped etc.

Nice work with the wildlife awareness raising, and all sympathy to his widow and children, but the only reason he's getting a state funeral is because he's a mate of the prime minister. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree 100%

JG10r_Bull
09-05-2006, 02:03 AM
dusta01 u need a <span class="ev_code_RED">HUG</span>

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e337/zoe03/hug.jpg

joeap
09-05-2006, 02:13 AM
Media aside, Steve Irwin's death has this in common with some cancer patient: I imagine Steve Irwin's wife will wake up in the morning look over and thenrealize her husband is gone and not just off early to wrestle crocs. A friend of a friend lost her husband to cancer last year and went through the same thing. You all know about Steve, you don't know the name of this other guy.

WTE_Ibis
09-05-2006, 02:46 AM
Dusta and Dukayne, hi guys what's all the ruckus about m8s, we lost some good people, including Steve.
You fellers ever coming back to the fold??
Cheers.

Scragbat
09-05-2006, 04:10 AM
Really shocking news and it has left me feeling a little numb. I enjoyed Steve's shows and his enthusiasm was just incredible (and contagious!). He was a funny guy and I will miss him, along with his millions of fans.

Rest in peace Crocodile Hunter http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

but...

What is it with some people? There are 2 OT threads in this forum about Steve Irwin (not millions)? And we have complaints from an individual who wants to talk about aviation. We are a diverse bunch in this forum and we all post OT now and then. Can he not talk about aviation in the other 99% of on-topic threads in this forum? Dude if you have nothing good to say, show some respect (if you have any) and just say nothing.

Capt._Tenneal
09-05-2006, 08:51 AM
I'm a day late, but my sympathies go out to his family and kids too. Really sad that he went out in a freakish way like this. I just liked the enthusiasm he brought to his work.

As for the discussion here, good points from all. So, his death is being discussed in many forums, that's not the forum's fault. They don't check with each other and say, "hey, let's have all Croc Hunter discussion in one thread". Maybe it's a sign that Steve's "celebrity-status" was more widespread than we know. As for the possible state funeral, I agree it might be a bit of overkill, but it's out of my hands.

slappedsilly
09-05-2006, 10:36 AM
ahhh for crying out loud can we get these deleted. Do ppl want to make more threads about one friggin person .

Please, please contain your compassion. You got in the tread didn't ya?

RAF74_Poker
09-05-2006, 11:02 AM

I guess by your analogy, I really shouldn't give a **** about those who died in Katrina, or the Christmas tsunami, or even 9-11 ... after all, I didn't know 'em, and it's not like they were doing anything to save the world ... or were they .. hell, I don't know, but forget 'em anyway. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

My kids liked him, and he actually did do something to try and make the world a better place.
If he embarrased you as a country by wearing khaki shorts and saying "crikey" .. then you're shallower than I would have thought.

My condolences to his family.
And yes, I'll miss his shows .. they made something worthwhile interesting for even the youngest person ... and maybe, just maybe encouraged some of our youth to look at conservation of this planet, rather than blindly going through life not giving a **** who died, and who didn't !

crazyivan1970
09-05-2006, 11:10 AM
Great man, great loss. Enjoyed his work. Truly, one of a kind.
R.I.P.

HurricaneVictor
09-05-2006, 11:16 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif
My condolances to his family

mortoma1958
09-05-2006, 01:54 PM
Khaki shorts and "crikeys" or not, the guy did more for the image of Australia than Dusta01 ever did. With his attitude, Dusta makes it's image worse. But doubtless far from all down there are as callous as Dusta. The Crocs Steve used to wrestle are nicer than Dusta is!!!

carts
09-05-2006, 06:34 PM
Bollocks! allow the guy his point of view,you might not agree with him,but allow him the right to right to make a point,.its a forum after all

Dukayn_450
09-05-2006, 11:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WTE_Ibis:
Dusta and Dukayne, hi guys what's all the ruckus about m8s, we lost some good people, including Steve.
You fellers ever coming back to the fold??
Cheers.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well for starters I made no fuss, only made one comment. I don't necessarily agree with dusta, but I also don't necessarily agree with the overblown fuss about Steve.

Regarding coming back to the fold, if you mean coming back to WTE, well, LOL.

dusta01
09-05-2006, 11:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joeap:
Media aside, Steve Irwin's death has this in common with some cancer patient: I imagine Steve Irwin's wife will wake up in the morning look over and thenrealize her husband is gone and not just off early to wrestle crocs. A friend of a friend lost her husband to cancer last year and went through the same thing. You all know about Steve, you don't know the name of this other guy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

exactly the point i made and it seems that some people really are just that thick that they think this is a personal attack on steve irwin .

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I guess by your analogy, I really shouldn't give a **** about those who died in Katrina, or the Christmas tsunami, or even 9-11 ... after all, I didn't know 'em, and it's not like they were doing anything to save the world ... or were they .. hell, I don't know, but forget 'em anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> *sigh* I really hope that your just trying to bait me by trying to act stupid . You really dont get it when others seem to do you . It isn't or never was a personal attack on steve irwin. The point (do you want me to bold this bit ? ) is that why should his death be treated any different just because he is a media personality . Ever heard of Malcolm Douglas ? Another australian who has been into wildlife conservation long before steve irwin was born . I can bet you any money that he will be forgotten in 5 minutes when he dies but he has done so much for australia's wildlife .

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Khaki shorts and "crikeys" or not, the guy did more for the image of Australia than Dusta01 ever did. With his attitude, Dusta makes it's image worse. But doubtless far from all down there are as callous as Dusta. The Crocs Steve used to wrestle are nicer than Dusta is!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Ohnoes a personal attack by some chump on a forum . Whatever shall i do .

You guys really make me laugh , just because my opinion is different and i am just as entitled to express it here, you attack me for expressing my own thoughts. I actually laugh pretty hard at being called callous , far from it actually, but what would anyone here know about what i do in the community or what other people around me do.
Oh that's right absolutely swett F## ALL, thats how much you know about what i do with under privilaged children .

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">In my book i hope you get your I.P. banned as you are not obeying OUR forum rules. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Lol our forums ? By our i assume you mean ubi, not yourself . And on banning my IP . Lol yer well if the moderators feel like it then go ahead, just expressing my opinion as you are. Besides they ban this IP i still have work and home on completely different subnets http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

RedDeth
09-06-2006, 12:38 AM
all we ask dusta is that you show this thread and your replies to an authorized paid analyst. they may be able to help you but it will be expensive. but well worth it reading these responses

Scragbat
09-06-2006, 09:50 AM
No state funeral for this 'ordinary bloke'.
News item (http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/father-rejects-state-funeral-for-ordinary-bloke-son/2006/09/06/1157222201277.html)

Time to lay the thread to rest if you ask me. Those that will have turned it sour http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

SeaFireLIV
09-06-2006, 10:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scragbat:

Time to lay the thread to rest if you ask me. Those that will have turned it sour http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While the internet has its benefits, it`s at times like this when it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Only on the internet can a dead man not be allowed to reast in peace without some idiot forum turning it into an argument. A pity, that maturity could not have prevailed as it would if we were all talking face-t0-face in public.

He`s dead. leave it be and close this thread.

Warrington_Wolf
09-06-2006, 11:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scragbat:

Time to lay the thread to rest if you ask me. Those that will have turned it sour http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While the internet has its benefits, it`s at times like this when it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Only on the internet can a dead man not be allowed to reast in peace without some idiot forum turning it into an argument. A pity, that maturity could not have prevailed as it would if we were all talking face-t0-face in public.

He`s dead. leave it be and close this thread. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed, I too am sickened and apalled by some of the comments made here.
A man died the least some of you can do is be respectful instead of picking over his reputation like a bunch of vulchers.

slipBall
09-06-2006, 12:16 PM
He was very different, perhaps a leap back in time. I for one admired him, and will miss him

WWMaxGunz
09-06-2006, 01:00 PM
Steve Irwin was a very likeable and entertaining guy who *most* of us will miss his appearances.
That's most of what "the fuss" is about. How he died only highlights that he died, he was
working to bring more of what *most* of us liked in his usual charismatic way.

How much tourism to Australia did he generate? For sure some people decided to visit on the
basis of what they saw of his shows. How much respect for nature did he teach? LOADS. Even
his last act has undoubtedly saved some lives, people who would otherwise try something else
stupid may take the point but of course not all of them. Him for one. He has served us all
with lessons of why not to do many things even to the end.

If you've never had a friend that you learned from their mistakes but you still liked then I
feel sorry for you. To get upset because so many others liked the guy is a sign you need help
or something. The usual prescription is "go out and get laid". Saves on doctor fees unless
you catch something. Oh well.

Jetbuff
09-06-2006, 01:13 PM
First time I saw him was in the middle of a channel surf a few years ago. His ebuliant manner stopped me right in my tracks. There was a guy who really loved nature and, more importantly, acted on it.

"The good die young and ****** live forever," Lewis Black.