PDA

View Full Version : Discuss the - ::: Exclusive Q&A with the devs :::

Alderbranchh
04-27-2011, 10:38 AM
Here is the discussion about ::: Exclusive Q&A with the devs ::: (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5861060878/m/4311052329)

Alderbranchh
04-27-2011, 10:38 AM
Here is the discussion about ::: Exclusive Q&A with the devs ::: (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5861060878/m/4311052329)

Shawn85
04-27-2011, 10:57 AM
thank you alderbranch, even though I didn't see any beta info.

Fyrestorme
04-27-2011, 11:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shawn85:
thank you alderbranch, even though I didn't see any beta info. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

[ctrl+f]
"beta"
[enter]
*no result*

:*(
http://img344.imageshack.us/img344/5368/avatar7fq.gif

yes, beta info &gt;&gt;&gt; art info

Fever_K
04-27-2011, 12:14 PM
I'm sorry to sound harsh, but this Q&A is pretty useless at the moment.
Topics:

Vip fans
Not really interesting, already known and tautological for the most part ("not two fans think alike", American fans =/= Chinese fans =/= European fans, "precious suggestions" etc etc.).

Expansions and factions
They are busy with vanilla, "how many", "which ones", who knows? Ahah, we don't! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Other features
Faster and better AI (already known), no RMG, no ST, no Linux.

Beta and delay reasons
N/A.

So the only real news are the Sanctuary hero and Crag Hack, who honestly didn't deserve a whole Q&A.
Then, of course, there is the first official town window.
It doesn't sound like a news to me, because we already saw something very similar.
My opinion: it's bad. And now it's also transparent! I don't get why change an important and beloved feature like town screens, but this has already been discussed before, so I'll stop here.
I just hope the "work in progress" line at the bottom means: "we just want to see how much scared you can get, thinking something like this could be in the final game"!

Alderbranchh
04-27-2011, 01:06 PM
The beta replies are as I said coming soon. These questions were merely the easiest for them to answer and as such you as fans were simply deserving of more information while waiting.

Major companies usually have processes where each and every release of any tidbit of information has to be signed and stamped atleast thrice before hitting the scene.

MillionVoices
04-27-2011, 01:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">as such you as fans were simply deserving of more information while waiting </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you for real? O_o The game was delayed a 4th time now and that is all UBI can say after 1 week...
it was said...
march --&gt; delayed
may --&gt; delayed
june --&gt; delayed
and now, we 've look at september... I dont get whats so diffcult about "giving reasons for delays" - I mean, you have to plan the releasedate somehow, dont ya? You should be able to give some reason(s), if there would be a plan, that is.
Well, I guess that there aren`t that many game-companies with a credibility of around z-e-r-o...

KingImp
04-27-2011, 01:25 PM
Alder comes through in the clutch! Great job in getting us some info dude. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

I have to say, even though I would still prefer an actual interactive town screen like we've had in the past, this one looks better than the previous two we've seen. Plus, them saying it's still a work in progress is encouraging.

belgarath21
04-27-2011, 02:29 PM
Thanks for all the help, Alderbranchh!

I agree that it is vital to internationalize the game. I noticed that they did that a lot with Civilization V and (from personal experience and what I see in the forums) it's been well received.

I confess that I'm not much interested in beta testing. I'm just anxious to play the completed game.

Please remember to exercise caution when incorporating fan suggestions. I am reading a book by Gary Shapiro right now about tech innovation. He says that the best products give customers features that they didn't realize they wanted/needed until the product provided them. This also ties into my comments about "overthinking" game design.

I like the "2.5 D" town screens. My game of Heroes V kept crashing when I clicked on town screens. That's one of the reasons I gave up on it. However, I have decided to give it another try since Heroes VI is delayed. Strategy games aren't supposed to be about cutting-edge graphics anyway. (In my opinion)

Alderbranchh
04-27-2011, 02:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MillionVoices:
Are you for real? O_o The game was delayed a 4th time now and that is all UBI can say after 1 week... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As far as I recall most of the dates have been rumors or estimates and as been previously stated. Its not that bad.

So you cant give em like a day or two to compile an answer? They have had me whining at em and 8 hrs coming up with these answers after that. Trying to get a hold of the right ppl in just one day in a major worldwide company along with making the answers within the allowed boundaries on what they can release to the public in that amount of time is like zero, yet the pulled through.

You really have no idea how major corps work do you?

Show patience and youll get the answers. Now quit yappin about the stuff that will come until its here. Theres no need for more wild rumors and stuff like that.

Be happy you lads got the first peak of the townscreens here for instance. Look at things from the bright side.

ChaosArchon85
04-27-2011, 03:03 PM
Nice... kinda brief... but good to see they're still working over there. I found some interesting stuff in the Q&A though I admit... I'd like so much more.

I think I can get behind the townscreens like they've shown. I don't see any advantage in the soaring camera shots of HoMMV, so keeping them visually tidy and concise is all I need. That one in particular isn't much to look at though... just lots of fuzzy red buildings, imo.

Arhaeus
04-28-2011, 06:00 AM
Regarding the town screen...
There can be a minimal interaction with it, by putting some information about the creatures that a certain building provide, when you select that building. Otherwise the town screen will leave a feel of emptiness, because it will be a simple bmp.

Another problem that I don't remember to be discussed, is the tavern. Particularly the thieves information about the other players, in MP they are essential. And if it is not in town, is there a dwelling that reveals that?

Another problem is the fog of war, will regrow, or will be permanently erased after scouting?

Jinny-chan
04-28-2011, 08:11 AM
Town Window looks awful, they still live in 2005. Graphics looks very old and too cartoonish, sadly game companies started to copy Blizzard and tries to get kids attention. Maybe they lower game very hard settings to be actually easy like in most games after 2000, because casual people cant finish game with easy mode

Alderbranchh
04-28-2011, 08:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shadassin:
Town Window looks awful, they still live in 2005. Graphics looks very old and too cartoonish, sadly game companies started to copy Blizzard and tries to get kids attention. Maybe they lower game very hard settings to be actually easy like in most games after 2000, because casual people cant finish game with easy mode </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The good old basics in graphics is still the best. 3D is clearly overated, especially in a townscreen where easy access is what you are after. Just aslong as it has a purpose though (interactive) otherwise I share your opinion in it being a utter complete waste of time.

As for difficulty, I think you are on the wrong side of the fence already if I interpret your opinion right...
Why? Cause computergames have for the past decades (Id dare say decades even) been subject to stupidification. I mean if one cant manage farther in a game then one might just have to train to get better or read a manual/walkthrough on how to do it and learn from it. Not have the entire game made easier. Its supposed to be a challange and if ppl are to lazy to learn from it then they might not be able to see the endings of the games, its as simple as that.
Theres no hard/medium/easy mode in say Super Mario-games... if you make it, then you make it. If you fail, then you wont progress.

I dont care about sucky wannabe-gamers; thats my personal point of view.

znork
04-28-2011, 10:26 AM
Grate job Alder!!!!! I wonder if they hade hired you and and moved the rest of the marketing people in to the closet they would have a bether comuntcation strategi?

But seriusly they know whey the delayed the game. If they cant post the real reason by now i wonder what theire game is. Yes i understand some reasons cant be made public. (ubihole is having problems working togheter(wiche i dont belive)) So you need to remove som of the reasons, but you hade a wishe for more time to remove bugs. And maby rework a few fituers.

How hard is it to say:" sorry we delayed the game. We needed more time for bug fixing, and we wanted to rework som fetures.(list som fetures her) We hope to have a beta as soon as posibel and we will get back to you when we know more."

I know counitcation can be hard for big companyes and most big companies get it realy horible worng(looks at sony) but there are companies that do manged to comunicate thier message.

So im back at beeing frustrated that ubi is not very good at it. But i also acsept there are very many comapnies that have the same problme.

Fidozor
04-28-2011, 10:30 AM
nothing about beta or extended release date? thats pretty much the only thing anyone cares about

Destruction3402
04-28-2011, 10:30 AM
Nice Q&A!
Definitely puts an end to the discussion about town screens!
Everything looks fine, the town screen could've been a tad bigger but I can live with it!
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

Shawn85
04-28-2011, 11:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by znork:
Grate job Alder!!!!! I wonder if they hade hired you and and moved the rest of the marketing people in to the closet they would have a bether comuntcation strategi?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif i lold.

belgarath21
04-28-2011, 12:47 PM
I can tell that the vitriol (complaining) over the past weekend has made Alderbranch very cranky.

I think we need to keep in mind that computer games aren't a nerds-only venue anymore. (I say this as unreconstructed Gen X nerd). I also don't see this as a bad thing. Computer games can serve as bridges between people who otherwise wouldn't have much in common. They are also a lot more fun than wandering around Facebook trying to get complete strangers in Denmark to "friend" you so you can brag about your popularity.

We also need to acknowldege time constraints in gaming. People only stay in high school and college for a few years. After people have permanent (more or less) jobs and families, gaming time is more at a premium. Likewise, the consoles compete directly with computers and the consoles have been very effective at expanding their consumer base. PC game makers should be able to do likewise.

There is also something to be said for simplicity. I once attempted to play a very detailed turn-based strategy civil war game for the PC. I gave up after a few futile attempts. Even the instruction manual was a bit beyond me. (Before anybody snickers, I have a master's degree and spent 2 years in a molecular biology PhD program; I am also very much a history buff).

I think that the complexity of a strategy game is more dependent on the strategy(ies)you use than anything else. Fictional (as opposed to historical) strategy games often also have a compelling background story which makes gameplay more interesting.

I'm sure the developers have good reasons for the delay. I just hope they won't need to delay it any further. I have no problem with the town screen and I consider gameplay and backstory to be much more importnat than how "3D" the graphics are. I just want a town screen that doesn't crash on a regular basis.

Turn-based strategy games are the only computer games I like any more (I occassionally play games from the "final fantasy" series on consoles.) I am very grateful to Ubisoft/Black Hole for rescuing the Might and Magic franchise.

Alderbranchh
04-28-2011, 01:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by belgarath21:
I can tell that the vitriol (complaining) over the past weekend has made Alderbranch very cranky.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its not from the complaints here I can assure you or, well the fact that games are too hard and should be simpler is one of those things that made be a bit more crankier. But its mainly has its base in the lack of competence from Ubis PR-dep.

Every freaking turn there was to be some info released the PR-dep had to be there to sign of on it and its not the first time. Its always been like that with ubi. Which bugs the freaking hell out of me.

Oh, and I edited your post so that it typed my nick right. Its one H.

As for games, if ppl want simplicity I can recommend Tetris.

belgarath21
04-28-2011, 01:46 PM
Thanks for correcting me, I'll be sure to use the proper spelling alderbranch.

I'm not that fond of Tetris or other puzzle games. I like strategy games that require serious thinking (and the ability to build large empires and massive armies). I guess I just search for a "golden mean" in terms of complexity.

I can tell that "the fans" aren't the only ones frsutrated by the communications disconnect. I hope that when xhane is replaced, that it takes the load off you and the other moderators. For what it's worth, I think you and the others have been very helpful.

I also hope that the official explanation for the delay comes soon. I just want a good game. I feel sorry for Stardock and the mess that happened with Elemental: war of magic.

Alderbranchh
04-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Awesome, I usually p1nk1fy ppl that doesnt ^^ http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Yeah well, that has to be in terms of complexity.
Take chess for instance... anyone can play it... but it takes alot to be good at it.
Thats what im after when it comes to heroes. The maps is emulators of great players you gotta beat... but with the fun that you get a story.

Yeah, well we mods are not to take the fall for ubis ineptitude. Especially since we are not even employees. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif And thanks, we do what we can.

I cannot but agree. Ive sadly pestered the dev-team beyond repair so I guess its marketing (again) and with them its usually soon with the trademark....

znork
04-28-2011, 02:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alderbranchh:
I cannot but agree. Ive sadly pestered the dev-team beyond repair so I guess its marketing (again) and with them its usually soon with the trademark.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well alder i mean poor devs you pushing and the mareting people screwing up. Why is this song song again again. Its sad realy....

But i dont like beeing the bitte boy so i said my peace about the markting people. And hope that erwan can put them in their place.

So back to the good stuff crag hack baby..

His mighty his strong his the most important hero of them all. So its the most important news we got out of this q and a.

Ill be huming crag hack tunes until the release.

Jinny-chan
04-28-2011, 03:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alderbranchh:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But your forum name is with 2 x h http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

srendrag80
04-28-2011, 03:56 PM
First I'd like to start by saying thank you Alderbranch for going above, and beyond trying to get information for us. I have to say though the screen shot of the towns looked pretty good and cant wait till it's finished,on the other hand I still would love to know what is wrong with Ubihole(thanks znork) I can definitlay say that I will not be holding my breath.Once again thanks to those THAT do not work for these companys yet have been doing way more your effort is more than appreciated.

znork
04-28-2011, 04:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by srendrag80:
on the other hand I still would love to know what is wrong with Ubihole </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dont blame hole herhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Kartabon
04-29-2011, 04:04 AM
Thanks a lot for the effort you have made Alder, it's nice to have some brand new information http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

As you have already said, 3D nowadays is clearly overrated... we don't need a full animated-3D townscreen, I even disliked it in H5 and liked more others like H4 and H3 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I also hope one thing: that this HoMM will be a bit more difficult to manage in terms of strategy :P More strategy = more fun :P The more features they include ingame, the more interesting it will be ^^

What I also liked to read is that Haven is inspired by medieval knights but didn't like much that it's inspired in the Roman Empire (never liked the armors and such of that Nation).

What would have been just perfect is that the game have had full support in GNU/Linux :P It would just have broken my expectatives ^^ But well, we can't ask for perfection :P

GamerGeek87
04-29-2011, 04:33 AM
It wasnt the actual 3D that bothered me about the townscreen in H5, it was the camera. If the townscreen was 3D in H6 but the camera was fixed I would be just as happy. I really like the look of the current one though, and 2D(2.5D) or 3D doesnt really matter to me here. I am still unhappy that they are not full screen though. I mean its ALMOST fullscreen so why not go all the way?

It does increase the immersion for me and it feels more like Im actually entering the town when its fullscreen, that said I dont think it will matter much when Ive played for a while since it is a rather small thing.

Alderbranchh
04-29-2011, 06:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shadassin:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But your forum name is with 2 x h http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah and thats once again ubis fault...

Next!!!

Fyrestorme
04-29-2011, 07:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Destruction3402:
Nice Q&A!
Definitely puts an end to the discussion about town screens!
Everything looks fine, the town screen could've been a tad bigger but I can live with it!
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would have preferred they just copy this: http://www.acorn-gaming.org.uk/Reviews/HOMM2/hbuild.jpg

dead serious.

Marzhin93
04-29-2011, 10:21 AM
Hey guys (and girls http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif), the info about the delay and the beta is coming next week. Thank you very much for your patience http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif
Also next week there will be some cherry on top of the usual 3 facebook news, and I'll make sure it is posted here as well (let's just say it should be a special "Week of..." http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif)

ChaosArchon85
04-29-2011, 10:41 AM
^^Looking forward to it. ^,^

znork
04-29-2011, 10:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marzhin93:
Hey guys (and girls http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif), the info about the delay and the beta is coming next week. Thank you very much for your patience http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif
Also next week there will be some cherry on top of the usual 3 facebook news, and I'll make sure it is posted here as well (let's just say it should be a special "Week of..." http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I find it realy amzing that there is not a quicker respsonse.

When that is said tnx Marzhin93 you are dooing more for heros then whole marketing department. Hade there only been more people liek you at ubi.

assas_sb
04-29-2011, 11:00 AM
"Hey guys, we can tell you are all upset so we want to give you some news about there being some news next week."

Great thanks

Nxss
04-29-2011, 11:15 AM
Hmm, like others, I am curious of why it would take that long for someone just to say 'The reason for the delay is .... and the beta will start ....' Seems to me that if that were said today, there not be so much hostility. Of course, it should have been said on the 20th when most people thought the beta was coming. Here is a post I made in a thread that was closed that I think relates here:

This is my problem! BH/Ubi had to know that it was going to be delayed as I do believe you have to ask for more time from the publisher to delay a game. So, since both of them obviously knew H6 was at least under consideration to be delayed, there should have been some kinda of information on the forums and homepage to let the fans know. I would have not have been near as ****ed as I was Wednesday if Ubi or BH would have just came on the forums a day or two before explaining that the beta was not coming on the 20th and some reason why.

The lack of communication is just awful! I understand that the release dates of the game and beta were just rumors, but if someone would have came on here and just said something, I really don't think people would be so upset as they are.

Ubi, have the common courtesy to tell your customers what is going on. The truth would go over a lot better than letting everyone think a beta will start on a certain day and then it being delayed! One would think that would not be that hard to do! And people wonder why Americans don't like the French! OK, that was a cheap shot.

Anyhoo, I can't say that I am all that happy about the game being delayed so long, but really, just tell us what is going on. It would make things soooo much better!

Marzhin93
04-29-2011, 12:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nxss:
Hmm, like others, I am curious of why it would take that long for someone just to say 'The reason for the delay is .... and the beta will start ....' Seems to me that if that were said today, there not be so much hostility. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Believe me, I couldn't agree more with your last sentence. But there's a process and we (the dev team) have to respect it.

Nxss
04-29-2011, 01:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marzhin93:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nxss:
Hmm, like others, I am curious of why it would take that long for someone just to say 'The reason for the delay is .... and the beta will start ....' Seems to me that if that were said today, there not be so much hostility. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Believe me, I couldn't agree more with your last sentence. But there's a process and we (the dev team) have to respect it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya know, when you work for a gamesite, you quickly realize the bureaucracy of the games industry and you adjust to it because it is your job to do so. On the other hand, as a consumer who wants to know what is going on, it sucks! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Cheers to you Marz! I, and am sure most people, appreciate some feedback from the devs. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

OmegaZoa
04-29-2011, 03:20 PM
I am grateful for the small feedback..but i cannot understand you guys..why not just be out with it? "beta is going up on May/June xx" why huh?..its enough that you delayed the game for so much but why not just say beta date..driving me mad...sorry just needed to let that out, impatient..ME WANT SWING PIT LORD SWORD! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Pankratz1980
04-29-2011, 03:25 PM
Dear Developers,
May I ask for JUST ONE thing? I'm sure many people will agree...
In regard to the town window - I'm honestly fine with the way it is displayed - would prefer a full screen view, but what's here is OK - BUT please, Please, PLEASE let us select/click on buildings in the town view. It's all about immersion, without the ability to interact with the image of a town, it'll be nothing more than a simple picture, all fun of placing new structures will be gone. What we'll get is a simple, soulless bmp/jpg/whatever file - HoMM is all about little touches that make a HUGE difference, making buildings clickable adds a lot to the overall feeling (player establishes a connection to the product of his creation) and makes everything easier, quicker to navigate, so it's worth considering in terms of UI friendliness as well.

Like I said, I'm fine with it being a window instead of an entire screen, that compromise I can stomach - but please, let that town picture be interactive or you'll kill the feeling of tinkering within YOUR city.
For me, you'll completely ruin the satisfaction of erecting new stuff by putting a static picture. Please reconsider it for the fans!

Karanshade
04-29-2011, 05:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
For me, you'll completely ruin the satisfaction of erecting new stuff </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That s what she said !

Niphire
04-30-2011, 01:06 AM
No Linux support... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif
I like this, though! The town screen looks very messy, but I guess it'll be better...
Also looking forward to more info next week!

znork
04-30-2011, 01:06 AM
Believe me, I couldn't agree more with your last sentence. But there's a process and we (the dev team) have to respect it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then there is somthing very worng withe ubis process.

So there you now know way ubi dosent manage to realse information to you. They have none functioning comunication prosess.

The good thing about this is that this is just comunication and not game devlopment. So the game dev team may be dooing super job they just cant tell anyonehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

htbrdr
05-02-2011, 03:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by znork:

The good thing about this is that this is just comunication and not game devlopment. So the game dev team may be dooing super job they just cant tell anyonehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

made my day...

Anyway, thanks for the Q&A, I am on the hardcore fence, dont want it easy, dont need 3D town screens that take even 1 extra second to load, wanna be able to get in there do my job and exit asap. fast and hard pls.

znork
05-02-2011, 04:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by htbrdr:

The good thing about this is that this is just comunication and not game devlopment. So the game dev team may be dooing super job they just cant tell anyonehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

made my day... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are welcome

ChaosArchon85
05-02-2011, 04:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by htbrdr:
fast and hard pls. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

made my day...

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

htbrdr
05-02-2011, 06:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChaosArchon85:
fast and hard pls. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

made my day...

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This association was intended.

I dont buy the polish theory, there must be a major reason to delay it that much. Neither "we're working on an official statement that will hopefully clarify the reasons of the delay and when the Beta is coming" sounds serious.
Whatever the reason I am willing to give them credit to justify the long wait with a good result. (being optimistic again??)

Nxss
05-02-2011, 06:40 PM
All 'We are working on an official statement' means is that 'Our PR person needs time to spin this in our favor'

I am optimistic as well and I am sure most people here are. However, no communication equals speculation and hostility. Without it, we get threads that have people trying to guess what will be. And that is never good!

I really do hope it was delayed for a good reason though as Sept. is the start of the gaming season. If H6 was released in June, there would have been basically no competition, depending on what you play. September though, that gives most people a month or so before CoD, BF3, maybe Diablo 3, and a ton of others come out. Not the best release window. I am optimistic though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

htbrdr
05-02-2011, 07:33 PM
Communication is much more than merely informing the fan base, at least should be.

As for september that's what I thought too, but didnt want to involve the competition in my post.
You can add in a couple of highly anticipated mmo's there also, and lets just say, this heroes better be good.

Spiralkill
05-02-2011, 08:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Don't want it easy, dont need 3D town screens that take even 1 extra second to load, wanna be able to get in there do my job and exit asap. fast and hard pls. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So true.

KingImp
05-02-2011, 10:24 PM
I heard that Ubi has been behind closed doors trying to figure out a way to blame this delay on Sony. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Alderbranchh
05-03-2011, 09:26 AM
@KingImp: Actually they could do that but thats another story... ^^

@ALL
Delay and beta Q&A has been posted in the same thread as the exclusive.

Nxss
05-03-2011, 09:29 AM
Well the Q and A was updated. Didn't realize that it would be the public beta. Which means that it most likely won't start until August maybe July. Can't say I am real happy about that, but at least I have beer! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Alderbranchh
05-03-2011, 09:35 AM
So a beta that anyone that buys something to get into isnt public...

Marzhin93
05-03-2011, 09:40 AM
So a beta that anyone that buys something to get into isnt public... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's why we're calling it a Public Beta, and not an Open Beta.

belgarath21
05-03-2011, 10:21 AM
As always, thanks to alderbranch and marzhin93. The reason for the delay makes sense to me and I agree with the decision to not add any more factions to the original release (I must confess, however, that I was hoping that might be the reason for delay). I apologize for suggesting that the developers might be "overthinking" the game.

As I've said before, the beta release doesn't concern me, but I hope those who preordered because of the beta will find themselves well rewarded for their trouble.

Looking forward to playing the final product.

znork
05-03-2011, 12:58 PM
well marzhin93 and alderbrach maybe life for us fans would be bether if you ran the marketing department.

This is the question im asking myself it took ubi 1 week to post this. How loong did it take you to type this marhin93 10 minuts? Then the marketing people used 1 week to read it. How long dose it take the marketing people to read this forum?

rouher1975
05-03-2011, 01:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">As posted in the other topic we're working on an official statement that will hopefully clarify the reasons of the delay and when the Beta is coming. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> (c) Marzhin

Answer

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">we’ll give you a starting date for the Beta as soon as possible </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have strong feelling that something wrong. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

OmegaZoa
05-03-2011, 03:11 PM
"Collector Edition unleashed! Get access to the Beta!

10-03-2011

You heard right, you can play Heroes VI REALLY SOON by pre-ordering the Collector or the Standard Edition."

Hah hah hah i laugh at that, they said that on march "really soon" and now its may...wonder how really soon is.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

znork
05-03-2011, 03:13 PM
can i say that i warned ubi about soon. but the marketing department where playing nitendo.

OmegaZoa
05-03-2011, 03:15 PM
can i say that i warned ubi about soon. but the marketing department where playing nitendo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
soon isn't soon enough gawd fudging buckets. ME WANT SWING PIT LORD SWORD NAO!

Marzhin93
05-03-2011, 11:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rouher1975:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">As posted in the other topic we're working on an official statement that will hopefully clarify the reasons of the delay and when the Beta is coming. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> (c) Marzhin

Answer

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">we’ll give you a starting date for the Beta as soon as possible </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have strong feelling that something wrong. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I did say "hopefully" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif
But seriously we'd give you a clear date if we had one, but it depends on a lot of factors. Also we don't want to give a date only to once again delay it later. So at least when we give you the date, it's because we are 100% sure it's the final one http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Alderbranchh
05-03-2011, 11:48 PM
Hey, you guys are typing it wrong!

its not soon. Its soon™

Spiralkill
05-04-2011, 01:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Well I did say "hopefully"
But seriously we'd give you a clear date if we had one, but it depends on a lot of factors. Also we don't want to give a date only to once again delay it later. So at least when we give you the date, it's because we are 100% sure it's the final one </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No point to tell us a day before it starts http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.
I'll be happy if you can give as an approximate month so we know where we stand.

KingImp
05-04-2011, 08:21 AM
So at least when we give you the date, it's because we are 100% sure it's the final one http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean like June 21st? Sorry, but that was too easy to pass up.

znork
05-04-2011, 09:38 AM
Nothing is 100% and if they delay it futher lets hope its for all the right reasons.

Nxss
05-04-2011, 12:14 PM
If they delay it further, I may have to hunt them down and beat some sense into them! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Ro.Floro
05-04-2011, 01:44 PM
Will the game be launched this century or something?
Nxss, I really like your sense of humour...you're hilarious!

znork
05-04-2011, 01:58 PM
I will be very supprised if this is not the final realse date. But nothing is 100%. That is my point.

Im happy withe september after what i saw i january they should be abel to make somthing awsome.

Nxss
05-04-2011, 02:20 PM
It better be the final release date! I would hate to have to go apesh*t in the forums!!!

@Ro. Thanks. I try to stay on the lighter side. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Although, the Nxss thing has gotta go. Nxs or Neil will suffice. Had to add the extra 's' on the Ubi forums and other sites.

@Znork. You are killin me!!! Heroes 6 WILL be out in Sept.! Sure, nothing is set in stone, but have some optimism man!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Fyrestorme
05-04-2011, 04:19 PM
they need to bring back paul romero for the town themes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

karin003
05-04-2011, 05:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fyrestorme:
they need to bring back paul romero for the town themes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They have.

RavenLeMarque
05-16-2011, 01:16 PM
Town Window looks awful, they still live in 2005. Graphics looks very old and too cartoonish, sadly game companies started to copy Blizzard and tries to get kids attention. Maybe they lower game very hard settings to be actually easy like in most games after 2000, because casual people cant finish game with easy mode </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The good old basics in graphics is still the best. 3D is clearly overated, especially in a townscreen where easy access is what you are after. Just aslong as it has a purpose though (interactive) otherwise I share your opinion in it being a utter complete waste of time.

As for difficulty, I think you are on the wrong side of the fence already if I interpret your opinion right...
Why? Cause computergames have for the past decades (Id dare say decades even) been subject to stupidification. I mean if one cant manage farther in a game then one might just have to train to get better or read a manual/walkthrough on how to do it and learn from it. Not have the entire game made easier. Its supposed to be a challange and if ppl are to lazy to learn from it then they might not be able to see the endings of the games, its as simple as that.
Theres no hard/medium/easy mode in say Super Mario-games... if you make it, then you make it. If you fail, then you wont progress.

I dont care about sucky wannabe-gamers; thats my personal point of view. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't care about sucky wannabe-gamers either AB!

I think it warrants saying also that those of you who think it's so darn easy to create an interactive gaming experience flawlessly should take a look at your own portfolio and then make comments based on your track record. It's quite likley that none of you has ever made a video game at all...going one step further, you probably have no idea where to even begin. That being said, stop whining like spoiled children and do the whole industry a favor--be constructive and support delays that make the game better...do I need to reference some of the crappy games that have had the title of HoMM so you can be reminded of what happens when developers cut corners? ...I think NOT!

Nxss
05-16-2011, 01:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RavenLeMarque:

I dont care about sucky wannabe-gamers; thats my personal point of view. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't care about sucky wannabe-gamers either AB!

I think it warrants saying also that those of you who think it's so darn easy to create an interactive gaming experience flawlessly should take a look at your own portfolio and then make comments based on your track record. It's quite likley that none of you has ever made a video game at all...going one step further, you probably have no idea where to even begin. That being said, stop whining like spoiled children and do the whole industry a favor--be constructive and support delays that make the game better...do I need to reference some of the crappy games that have had the title of HoMM so you can be reminded of what happens when developers cut corners? ...I think NOT! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That made me laugh out loud! I almost wanna use that as my sig! lol. I won't though. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

RavenLeMarque
05-16-2011, 01:30 PM
That made me laugh out loud! I almost wanna use that as my sig! lol. I won't though. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/QUOTE]

Which part? The wannabe-gamer part?

Nxss
05-16-2011, 01:35 PM
All of it! I thought it was a great reply. Not only does that apply here, it applies on general gaming forums as well. Tis not often I see such a blunt reply. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

RavenLeMarque
05-16-2011, 01:45 PM
All of it! I thought it was a great reply. Not only does that apply here, it applies on general gaming forums as well. Tis not often I see such a blunt reply. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well thanks, I just felt this scenario warranted some championing! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Alderbranchh
05-16-2011, 03:56 PM
*checks portofolio*
Yeah its quite large now... and getting bigger by the years.... ^^ But I see your point.
Welcome to the forums, I take it ill enjoy having a person with a similar point of view around.