PDA

View Full Version : 4.09: when?

JastaV
01-24-2008, 01:23 PM
Is there any scheduled release date for 4.09 patch, official version?

I didn't and I'll not try the beta 4.09 patch, although most mates at Il-2DCG community did.....on the wait for the official release!

JastaV

JastaV
01-24-2008, 01:23 PM

I didn't and I'll not try the beta 4.09 patch, although most mates at Il-2DCG community did.....on the wait for the official release!

JastaV

Phobia337
01-24-2008, 01:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JastaV:

JastaV </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Translation: Is there a scheduled release date for 4.09?

I didn't and will not try it. Although most mates at Il-2DCG community did. I am going to wait for the official release date.

VW-IceFire
01-24-2008, 03:07 PM
No there is not yet. It'll probably just show up some day.

Urufu_Shinjiro
01-24-2008, 03:11 PM
2 wee.....oh heck I can't do it....lol.

Skycat_2
01-24-2008, 06:02 PM
My prediction: never.

Why?

Because that would mean the official end of the series. And then various forums could allow discussion of the Voldemort.

But with an 'open beta' Oleg has technically delivered all of the user-made maps and all of the new default skins and can now go about his business of developing Storm of War in relative peace. However, the FB series is still "actively being developed" so it it remains in limbo as an undead project.

SeaFireLIV
01-24-2008, 06:27 PM
I wonder why some say they won`t try it? It`s not as if it`s been stolen. The 4.09 beta patch was placed specifically for us all to try and maybe even give feedback. this would be especially important for people like jastav who makes those great DCG campaigns.

Not trying the Beta means you can`t give Oleg feedback to make it work better with DCG and this is the last chance you`ll ever get.

MelloYello
01-24-2008, 07:42 PM
im just waiting for it to be released properly so i can fly online until then its 4.08

willyvic
01-25-2008, 01:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skycat_2:
My prediction: never.

Why?

Because that would mean the official end of the series. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From what I understand, Oleg IS done with IL2. The 4.09 patch is in third party hands. And he has stated that there will be NO more support for the series.

WV

Phobia337
01-25-2008, 07:23 AM
It will not stay in beta. Beta is to work out bugs, issues, or problems in the coding.

han freak solo
01-25-2008, 07:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phobia337:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JastaV:

JastaV </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Translation: Is there a scheduled release date for 4.09?

I didn't and will not try it. Although most mates at Il-2DCG community did. I am going to wait for the official release date. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Relax Phobia, there are too many nationalities represented and too many speed typists here to worry much about spelling and grammar.

Other technicalities have to be taken in context with the thread or the poster at hand. There are a lot of jokers here and I'm one of 'em. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

TgD Thunderbolt56
01-25-2008, 08:05 AM
Monday morning.

jarink
01-25-2008, 08:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phobia337:
It will not stay in beta. Beta is to work out bugs, issues, or problems in the coding. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They said the same thing about Duke Nukem Forever.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

x6BL_Brando
01-25-2008, 08:23 AM
It's not so difficult to set up the two versions together on your hard-drive - and it's not difficult to switch between them in Hyperlobby. Though there is no dedicated server patch yet, and so Dog-fight arenas are scarce, there are quite a few people hosting 4.09b coop missions.

If you're prepared to copy your game folder's contents into another folder and then install the beta and the new skins into it, then you can have the best of both worlds.

B