PDA

View Full Version : Do items/upgrades carry through?

DizzyTMan
10-24-2009, 02:08 PM
This is one of my biggest worries about AC2. Do weapons/armour/house upgrades remain even if you replay a previous memory?

An example would be me saving up lots of money, then buying a new weapon. I then want to play a previous memory/level. Will that weapon still be mine? Will I be able to use it?

Same things apply to armour and house upgrades. If I spend tons of money upgrading the villa/buying new armour, then proceed to play a previous memory, what will happen to the upgrades? Will they remain?

Also applies to clothes being dyed, finding new catacombs (if I find one in a later memory, will it still be considered "unlocked" if I play a previous memory?) etc etc.

This is why I always played the latest memory when playing AC. I liked having all the upgrades.

I don't want to keep playing the latest memory in AC2 because I have all the equipment, I'd LOVE to be able to play through previous memories with all the equipment I've earned. Even if it is dead easy, you still have the option to choose what weapons you use. Win win situation, haha.

DizzyTMan
10-24-2009, 02:08 PM
This is one of my biggest worries about AC2. Do weapons/armour/house upgrades remain even if you replay a previous memory?

An example would be me saving up lots of money, then buying a new weapon. I then want to play a previous memory/level. Will that weapon still be mine? Will I be able to use it?

Same things apply to armour and house upgrades. If I spend tons of money upgrading the villa/buying new armour, then proceed to play a previous memory, what will happen to the upgrades? Will they remain?

Also applies to clothes being dyed, finding new catacombs (if I find one in a later memory, will it still be considered "unlocked" if I play a previous memory?) etc etc.

This is why I always played the latest memory when playing AC. I liked having all the upgrades.

I don't want to keep playing the latest memory in AC2 because I have all the equipment, I'd LOVE to be able to play through previous memories with all the equipment I've earned. Even if it is dead easy, you still have the option to choose what weapons you use. Win win situation, haha.

Blood-drop
10-24-2009, 02:17 PM
I dont think that you can go back because I don't think that the AC team would of spent hours on side missions if you could just go back and do the main quests

DizzyTMan
10-24-2009, 02:20 PM
I highly doubt you can't go back to replay previous missions.

Iskander_Estel
10-24-2009, 02:27 PM
in a interview Patrice said that the memory block system is gone, so we don't know if we can return the memories

DizzyTMan
10-24-2009, 02:29 PM
Oh, wow, I didn't know about the memory block system not being in the game, lol. I hope items carry through though, I'd hate to play the same "bit" over and over.

Any info on how they're going to make it or...?

NuclearFuss
10-24-2009, 02:33 PM
It has DNA Sequences instead of Memory Blocks now so maybe we can replay them. My source is the trophy list. http://www.ps3trophies.org/gam...s-creed-ii/trophies/ (http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/assassins-creed-ii/trophies/)

Super_Sausage
10-24-2009, 02:34 PM
As long as you don't have 2 watch a huge video before you play i don't mind. it would be good if when you go into the animus you just go straight to a city or your house or something

DizzyTMan
10-24-2009, 02:34 PM
Yeah, I was just about to post the trophy list, haha. Damnit, you beat me.

So same question really, do the items carry through when travelling through different DNA sequences?

EDIT: PLEASE let us skip cutscenes, BIGGEST gripe with AC.

Blood-drop
10-24-2009, 02:35 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble I've just read the trophies and it has DNA bloks on it

cgdemon894
10-24-2009, 02:42 PM
love the trophy

Perfect Harmony

Tint your clothes with those colors: Wetland Ebony and Wetland Ivory .

Blood-drop
10-24-2009, 02:44 PM
yea remember memory block six it took hours before you could move http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sleepzzz.gif

Captain Tomatoz
10-24-2009, 02:46 PM
i read somewhere that all the missions you have completed are kept in a database that you can replay at anytime

but i dont no about upgrades sorry

NuclearFuss
10-24-2009, 02:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zabrak94:
love the trophy

Perfect Harmony

Tint your clothes with those colors: Wetland Ebony and Wetland Ivory . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh I saw that one but I didn't get it until now

DizzyTMan
10-24-2009, 02:49 PM
ARGH. I really hope the upgrades carry through. How would the game work if you spend tons of money buying the best weapons and armour, upgrading the villa, finding all the hidden locations. And then going back to replay one mission, all of that is gone.

Ilovepho
10-24-2009, 04:59 PM
I also like the upgrades carry through.

Captain Tomatoz
10-24-2009, 05:10 PM
it would be cool but it just wouldn't fit in with the whole syncing with the memory thing. If in the actual memory Ezio didnt have his villa fully upgraded so in the animus it should be the same. It just wouldn't make sence that in the 1st mission you have a maxed out armour either

zorak112
10-24-2009, 05:10 PM
Messer Sandman Bronze Trophy
Stun 4 guards at once by throwing sand in their face
XD

Ilovepho
10-24-2009, 05:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zorak112:
Messer Sandman Bronze Trophy
Stun 4 guards at once by throwing sand in their face
XD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh Ezio can do that ? That's cool. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

X10J
10-24-2009, 05:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tony6593:
it would be cool but it just wouldn't fit in with the whole syncing with the memory thing. If in the actual memory Ezio didnt have his villa fully upgraded so in the animus it should be the same. It just wouldn't make sence that in the 1st mission you have a maxed out armour either </div></BLOCKQUOTE>i was thinking that to oh well http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

post script: i also love pho http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

caswallawn_2k7
10-24-2009, 05:21 PM
upgrades wont carry back as it would break the plot line of the game, how can you relive a memory once without any of that equipment then suddenly the second time you relive that exact same memory you suddenly have loads of extra stuff and that just shouldn't happen as these memories were set hundreds of years ago. if this happened it would make the animus look more like a video game than an actual method of looking at an ancestors memories.

as for replaying the dna sequences chances are you cant replay the actual missions but they could have a full free roam at the end as why else would they concentrate on so much hidden and secondary stuff to explore at any time during the game if it wasn't put there to add continued playability at the end of the game.

Captain Tomatoz
10-24-2009, 05:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
upgrades wont carry back as it would break the plot line of the game, how can you relive a memory once without any of that equipment then suddenly the second time you relive that exact same memory you suddenly have loads of extra stuff and that just shouldn't happen as these memories were set hundreds of years ago. if this happened it would make the animus look more like a video game than an actual method of looking at an ancestors memories.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yh thats the point i was making http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

PWNcracker
10-24-2009, 05:32 PM
Maybe it'll have a "character save" feature?

Basically, you save the character with his current loadout and then you can go back and complete earlier missions as a maxed out 40 year old Ezio!

Just a thought.

Ilovepho
10-24-2009, 05:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PWNcracker:
Maybe it'll have a "character save" feature?

Basically, you save the character with his current loadout and then you can go back and complete earlier missions as a maxed out 40 year old Ezio!
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont' care about that.

DizzyTMan
10-25-2009, 04:51 AM
I don't think Ubisoft would make the obvious mistake of upgrades to the villa not being carried through. Or is there going to be one "free roam" DNA sequence where you can do what you want?

DeSabellis
10-25-2009, 05:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tony6593:
i read somewhere that all the missions you have completed are kept in a database that you can replay at anytime

but i dont no about upgrades sorry </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was the second part of the 'animus database'. Every mission would be re-playable.

DizzyTMan
10-25-2009, 07:11 AM
Nooo, I know that you can replay missions anytime you want.

I want to know if upgrades for weapons/armour/villa/clothes can be carried through all the memories.

caswallawn_2k7
10-25-2009, 07:15 AM
you should be able to carry them forwards but never backwards as it would ruin the concept of the game.

DizzyTMan
10-25-2009, 07:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
you should be able to carry them forwards but never backwards as it would ruin the concept of the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is fair enough.

What if I buy a weapon in a late memory, then travel back to a past memory. What would happen to that weapon? Will I still have it but not be able to use it?

caswallawn_2k7
10-25-2009, 07:49 AM
you would have it when you go back to the most recent memory or the memory after you originally acquired it.

DizzyTMan
10-25-2009, 08:17 AM
Ah, I see. So I guess It's better to buy everything in the earliest memory so you have it for a longer period of time throughout the game.

Aah, we need more info on the game!!

caswallawn_2k7
10-25-2009, 08:23 AM
it will depend how they gate money making, as they could make it harder to get money in early blocks to stop you going the entire game with the best possible items.

DizzyTMan
10-25-2009, 08:28 AM
Yeah, that's true.

I'm still worried about the whole travelling from memory to memory, and what gets saved and what doesn't.

caswallawn_2k7
10-25-2009, 08:31 AM
chances are they will save every item/upgrade you collect (look at games like fable 2) so basically as long as you go it in a memory block it will carry to the next one, as the upgrades and weapons will probably be independent of story progression.

Cornik22
10-25-2009, 09:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">you should be able to carry them forwards but never backwards as it would ruin the concept of the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I disagree with you. Once I have completed the game the way I am supossed to, I donīt care about the "concept" anymore. I want to replay some missions for the fun of it, and having all the upgrades means that they can be funnier, because you are able replay them in ways you couldnīt when you were playing AC2 for the first time, thus expanding the lifetime of the game.

DizzyTMan
10-25-2009, 10:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cornik22:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">you should be able to carry them forwards but never backwards as it would ruin the concept of the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I disagree with you. Once I have completed the game the way I am supossed to, I donīt care about the "concept" anymore. I want to replay some missions for the fun of it, and having all the upgrades means that they can be funnier, because you are able replay them in ways you couldnīt when you were playing AC2 for the first time, thus expanding the lifetime of the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I 100% agree with this. Being able to play previous missions with all the upgrades releases thousands of different approaches. Even if it does make it easier, it makes it more enjoyable, which is the goal of the game.

Plus, you can always choose not to use certain weapons. So there's nothing stopping you.

thekyle0
10-25-2009, 10:41 AM
I think it should be made so that key weapons don't carry back. Things such as poison or the hidden gun should be lost when you load a mission prior to when Ezio got them. But it should be fine if the player is just loading back with an improved sword.

DizzyTMan
10-25-2009, 11:07 AM
I think the Hidden Gun/Poison Blade should be able to get carried back. It'd make for some interesting stratagies in some missions.

kakashi560
10-27-2009, 01:17 AM
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yh thats the point i was making http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> umm...this is a video game not real life. i bet youd be able to carry all your equipment/upgrades to an old memory sequence or new game.and the only place it could ruin the concept of the game is in the tutorial mission that so many previews describe

SBRedFlag
10-27-2009, 04:58 AM
I know that most people are saying that it probably won't carry over but look at this video:
http://www.gamesradar.com/f/bl...a-200910269125969045 (http://www.gamesradar.com/f/bloody-new-assassins-creed-ii-video/a-200910269125969045)

During one snippet (0:25), it shows a hooded and significantly older-looking Ezio shouting "I'll kill you for what you've done!" at the hanging of his father.

That suggests that at least the look of Ezio can carry back. I weapons probably not though, since they might ruin a specific mission where you have to make do with one hidden blade or something.

P.S. that video also showed a new assasination target near the end, as well as what looks like the thief from the concept art shown in Dev diary 2 threatening Ezio. What do you guys make of all this?

com199
10-27-2009, 05:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sbredflag:
I know that most people are saying that it probably won't carry over but look at this video:
http://www.gamesradar.com/f/bl...a-200910269125969045 (http://www.gamesradar.com/f/bloody-new-assassins-creed-ii-video/a-200910269125969045)

During one snippet (0:25), it shows a hooded and significantly older-looking Ezio shouting "I'll kill you for what you've done!" at the hanging of his father.

That suggests that at least the look of Ezio can carry back. I weapons probably not though, since they might ruin a specific mission where you have to make do with one hidden blade or something.

P.S. that video also showed a new assasination target near the end, as well as what looks like the thief from the concept art shown in Dev diary 2 threatening Ezio. What do you guys make of all this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think that is when he first gets the clothes. Like when it shows him taking them out of the chest? Anyway.. Do you think they will break the fourth wall in this game?

caswallawn_2k7
10-27-2009, 05:59 AM
he doesn't actually look so old in that clip at the point you say and that clip without any context doesn't tell you if he already got the clothes and is trying to stop the execution.

GkrewZ
10-27-2009, 06:20 PM
The point was all other videos that have come out already showed that part with him before he got the cloths which makes it seam as if you can bring back your charicter to older missions.

caswallawn_2k7
10-27-2009, 06:53 PM
or it's something they changed in late development as all screen until the game goes gold are subject to change.

SBRedFlag
10-27-2009, 06:54 PM
he doesn't actually look so old in that clip at the point you say and that clip without any context doesn't tell you if he already got the clothes and is trying to stop the execution. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
As GkrewZ said, the other video of him screaming that (which was the destiny trailer) had him unhooded and looking 15.

joshua200830
10-27-2009, 07:00 PM
I am absolutely sure that once you have beat the original story line you will be able to take everything you have back to previous missions. that is the purpose of the ability to replay the missions and the economic system. Duh

SBRedFlag
10-27-2009, 08:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joshua200830:
I am absolutely sure that once you have beat the original story line you will be able to take everything you have back to previous missions. that is the purpose of the ability to replay the missions and the economic system. Duh </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Oh joshua, how could we mere forum posters have figured out something which is so simple to such a great mind such as yours. Oh woe.