PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's creed 2 fourth most preordered game in NA

daydark87
10-05-2009, 12:22 PM
look here (http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=5435&mp=1)

I'd say that looks pretty good for a game coming out in freaking 7 weeks.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

daydark87
10-05-2009, 12:22 PM
look here (http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=5435&mp=1)

I'd say that looks pretty good for a game coming out in freaking 7 weeks.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

MrNussbaum
10-05-2009, 12:32 PM
I would actually call it 3rd instead of 4th since #1 and #2 are the same game only different platforms.

Losk_
10-05-2009, 12:54 PM
Actually, if you're adding the numbers between the different releases its in second place, between xbox and ps3, its well ahead of uncharted.

MrNussbaum
10-05-2009, 12:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Losk_:
Actually, if you're adding the numbers between the different releases its in second place, between xbox and ps3, its well ahead of uncharted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, nice catch.

thekyle0
10-05-2009, 01:36 PM
MW2 on the 360 has an even bigger lead than I'd anticipated. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

DogenzakaSMASH
10-05-2009, 02:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekyle0:
MW2 on the 360 has an even bigger lead than I'd anticipated. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah it's sort of ridiculous.

The only reason it's like that is because mass consumers don't inform themselves. Most people don't even KNOW MW2 is on PS3. The latest MW2 commercial had an X360 outro on it as if the game wasn't coming to PS3 lol.

I suspect people might think the same with AC2 on PS3, but not to that degree.

OSnailsO
10-05-2009, 04:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Losk_:
Actually, if you're adding the numbers between the different releases its in second place, between xbox and ps3, its well ahead of uncharted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

MW1 sucked AC2 should be number one and the reason I took his quote was because I want his sig... Where did you get it?

Losk_
10-05-2009, 04:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OSnailsO:

MW1 sucked AC2 should be number one and the reason I took his quote was because I want his sig... Where did you get it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You didn't like COD4? I still play it online occasionally. I didnt preorder MW2 though, just my AC2 MAE

As for the Sig, I made it myself, the graphics are from one of the screenshots obviously, but the animated counter is mine.

Silencer357
10-05-2009, 07:02 PM
is gamestop doing anything special for preorders? I heard something like an in game bonus map, but I dont know how thatd work

Xanatos2007
10-05-2009, 08:51 PM
It would've had come 1st if they hadn't delayed the PC edition. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

Rich_368
10-05-2009, 08:55 PM
That's what i'm talking about, doing that well, and being a month away from release...i didn't expect any less http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

DogenzakaSMASH
10-05-2009, 09:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OSnailsO:

MW1 sucked AC2 should be number one and the reason I took his quote was because I want his sig... Where did you get it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You honestly thought AC1 was better than Modern Warfare? Really?

Wow, that's pretty sad.

door_noob
10-05-2009, 09:27 PM

Aside from its online component, I would agree with you, I'm not into Call of Duty that much, and Assassin's Creed seemed to have a lot more effort put into it, the free running, graphics, and some other little things are really amazing.

SWJS
10-05-2009, 10:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DogenzakaSMASH:

Wow, that's pretty sad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>War games are repetative. It's all the same weapons, environments, and soldiers all the time. There's no originality.

AC was original. Even though it was repetative, it was still better than shooting the same enemy soldiers across the exact same terrain throughout several games for the umpteenth time.

Xanatos2007
10-05-2009, 10:43 PM
I don't see why everyone hated the repetitiveness of AC1, if you think about it, nearly every game is repetitive. About 90% of games consist of you walk into a room, enemies spawn, and you kill them. Over and over again.

Losk_
10-05-2009, 11:04 PM
I think some people just blow through the game, paying minimal attention to the plot. If I didn't enjoy the story I think the gameplay might get tiresome. (maybe not, its so fun to run around aimlessly)

DogenzakaSMASH
10-06-2009, 12:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DogenzakaSMASH:

Wow, that's pretty sad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>War games are repetative. It's all the same weapons, environments, and soldiers all the time. There's no originality.

AC was original. Even though it was repetative, it was still better than shooting the same enemy soldiers across the exact same terrain throughout several games for the umpteenth time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IMO, you are truly jaded if you think AC's NINE ENEMY, 8-hour brown romp through Israel that can only be described by "Gameplay Designed to Make You Stop Playing and YouTube the Ending Instead" is less repetitive than a cliche' shooter that bothers to take you through varied interesting locales, types of gameplay, and oh look at that, even had something to do after you beat the game (multiplayer) rather than collect useless flags thrown in as an act of sadism by the developers.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">if you think about it, nearly every game is repetitive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but that repetitiveness is usually fun and/or not noticeable.

Don't you love it when someone defends something with a terrible, blanket retaliatory generalization used to nullify any criticism?

"I hate Super Mario 64's absolutely cliche', fish-smacked plot (or lack thereof). There's nothing there."

"LOL WELL IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT, ALL GAMES HAVE A CLICHE, FISH-SMACKED PLOT AT LEAST SOMEONE HAS USED OR THOUGHT OF BEFORE."

SWJS
10-06-2009, 12:43 AM
IMO, you are truly jaded if you think AC's NINE ENEMY, 8-hour brown romp through Israel that can only be described by "Gameplay Designed to Make You Stop Playing and YouTube the Ending Instead" is less repetitive than a cliche' shooter that bothers to take you through varied interesting locales, types of gameplay, and oh look at that, even had something to do after you beat the game (multiplayer) rather than collect useless flags thrown in as an act of sadism by the developers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are a couple holes in your statement. Assassin's Creed also took you through interesting locales. You never see Jerusalem, Acre, Damascus, and Masayaf in games. So it would appear AC had better, original locales, in which you could perform parkour.

AC also had something to do after you beat the game. Read emails to uncover more details, and go back and replay the assassinations you liked the best.

AC also wasn't completely repetative. Even if it did only have 3 or 4 types of side missions, you never had to do the exact same number of one type of mission at one time. One assassination had about 3 informers, but then another only had one informer and more pickpockets. So it wasn't entirely repetative, especially if you changed up what mission types you did during each assassination.

I also find that multiplayer defense irrelevent. I rencently played GTA IV online and it was exactly what I imagined it would be: a bunch of 12 year olds screaming obsceneties through the headset. I had to unplug my headset. Other than that, the multiplayer got old and boring, so I left. Multiplayer is repetative too. Most of the time all it is is a team deathmatch, which, while it can be fun, gets old the more you do it, because all you do is kill each other over and over.

The only multiplayer I ever found truly enjoyable was that of the Halo franchise. The Forge option especially made it interesting, and there are more weapons than just guns, all different with different actions and animations, making it more interesting. I became addicted. And I praise the Halo series for having local multiplayer, because I would rather play with good friends than with a bunch of immature idiots. The only thing I found online multiplayer useful for was playing Saints Row 2 co-op with my Ex-Girlfriend, who lives all the way in Northern Ireland.

daydark87
10-06-2009, 01:25 PM
I liked COD4, it did some things better than AC1 for sure, but the things that I value most, AC1 actually did better, stuff like the whole history, and story aspect, I love the stealth, and free-running, the atmosphere of AC1 is amazing.

Modern Warfare, did really well as well, but I'm just more into assassins from the middleages, then modern day soldiers.

I'm probably not gonna buy MW2 when it comes, out, it really haven't anything to do with the quality of the game, it just some things like the price increase, and then the statement from the Activision CEO Robert Kotick, that he if he could he would raise the price further. It just kind of itches me the wrong way, and I'm gonna wait till it drops below normal price just for that. And then there's the whole thing with brutal legend. I'm really just not into Activision as much as I'm used to.

caswallawn_2k7
10-06-2009, 01:31 PM
they not list PC? as L4D2 on 360 came 9th and the PC numbers should hammer it. also quite surprised about the number difference between the 2 versions of tekken 6 considering how much people went on about it finally being on the 360.

Charlie_Romeo
10-06-2009, 01:32 PM
COD4 was awesome.didnt go throught the same terrain or nuffin rely, i dont know what *insert name of person who said that* was on about, repetitvness(sp) was the biggest flaw of AC1 and u try to say COD4 was repetitive lol ur funny

DogenzakaSMASH
10-06-2009, 01:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
IMO, you are truly jaded if you think AC's NINE ENEMY, 8-hour brown romp through Israel that can only be described by "Gameplay Designed to Make You Stop Playing and YouTube the Ending Instead" is less repetitive than a cliche' shooter that bothers to take you through varied interesting locales, types of gameplay, and oh look at that, even had something to do after you beat the game (multiplayer) rather than collect useless flags thrown in as an act of sadism by the developers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are a couple holes in your statement. Assassin's Creed also took you through interesting locales. You never see Jerusalem, Acre, Damascus, and Masayaf in games. So it would appear AC had better, original locales, in which you could perform parkour.

AC also had something to do after you beat the game. Read emails to uncover more details, and go back and replay the assassinations you liked the best.

AC also wasn't completely repetative. Even if it did only have 3 or 4 types of side missions, you never had to do the exact same number of one type of mission at one time. One assassination had about 3 informers, but then another only had one informer and more pickpockets. So it wasn't entirely repetative, especially if you changed up what mission types you did during each assassination.

I also find that multiplayer defense irrelevent. I rencently played GTA IV online and it was exactly what I imagined it would be: a bunch of 12 year olds screaming obsceneties through the headset. I had to unplug my headset. Other than that, the multiplayer got old and boring, so I left. Multiplayer is repetative too. Most of the time all it is is a team deathmatch, which, while it can be fun, gets old the more you do it, because all you do is kill each other over and over.

The only multiplayer I ever found truly enjoyable was that of the Halo franchise. The Forge option especially made it interesting, and there are more weapons than just guns, all different with different actions and animations, making it more interesting. I became addicted. And I praise the Halo series for having local multiplayer, because I would rather play with good friends than with a bunch of immature idiots. The only thing I found online multiplayer useful for was playing Saints Row 2 co-op with my Ex-Girlfriend, who lives all the way in Northern Ireland. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, Jerusalem, Damascus and Acre were not "varied" interesting locales. They were all brown, sand-washed cities that looked the same and admittedly served the exact same purpose.

Sorry, replaying the exact same thing you did for no reason other than to play it again does not count for real "replay" value in my book. If they offered time-trials or rewards for completing missions under special circumstances, that's one thing. But they didn't.

Read emails. Great. That'll last me a few minutes.

That's still 4 informers and a pickpocket. 3 types of missions, 3 targets per city, 3 cities in the game. That is a degree of repetitiveness the general public outside the obsessive fanbase does not want to play through, whether you accept it or not.

It doesn't matter if you find multiplayer irrelevant. It's still extra content to do after you beat single-player. Period. And for many, it's fun, regardless of who you play with. You know you can MUTE people, don't you? In almost every game? If you were too inept to figure out how to press the Start button and mute a couple of annoying people in an online game, I can hardly take anything you say seriously.

Multiplayer is hardly only "team deathmatch", especially Modern Warfare. MW has DOZENS of varied game-mode types and ways to upgrade and play with different perks. The VERY last thing it is, is repetitive, especially since you play with new people each time.

Key word is "varied" and "new".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The only multiplayer I ever found truly enjoyable was that of the Halo franchise. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are now completely discredited from any substance of argument, IMO.

This is useless.

AC fanboys like you will always think the first game was good outside of its intriguing plotline and innovative free-running.

This topic serves no real purpose anymore.

thekyle0
10-06-2009, 01:38 PM
This topic serves no real purpose anymore. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> In other words, "stop this arguement before I lose!"

Realjambo
10-06-2009, 01:50 PM
1:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If you were too inept to figure out how to press the Start button and mute a couple of annoying people in an online game, I can hardly take anything you say seriously. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

2:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You are now completely discredited from any substance of argument, IMO. This is useless. AC fanboys like you will always think the first game was good outside of its intriguing plotline and innovative free-running. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_RED">DogenzakaSMASH - You have been duly warned about your aggressive, flaming attitude and troll like approach to other forum members before.

You haven't changed your behaviour so we'll it end it here. Posting rights suspended.

Topic Closed.</span>