PDA

View Full Version : OT: Grand Prix Legends fans, read

Chuck_Older
01-13-2005, 02:50 PM
OK, so as you may or may not know, the GPLEA is not available at the moment.

here's a temporary forum:

http://rsc.vadertrophy.com/forums/viewforum.php?id=10

Those searching for data pretaining to GPL may wish to ask questions here

J_Weaver
01-13-2005, 08:54 PM
That was a very hard game, but very fun.

knightgames_01
01-14-2005, 01:02 AM
I WANT MY GTR!

(sing along to the old I WANT MY MTV...)

I want my GTR!

I tried G P Legends. It certainly had potential but with me running XP and all the patches I couldn't get it to run smoothly... It's too bad I think I would have liked the challenge of racing.

I want my GTR!

regards,
Robert

Once you go Track... you never go back.

Chuck_Older
01-14-2005, 07:12 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by knightgames_01:
I WANT MY GTR!

(sing along to the old I WANT MY MTV...)

I want my GTR!

I tried G P Legends. It certainly had potential but with me running XP and all the patches I couldn't get it to run smoothly... It's too bad I think I would have liked the challenge of racing.

I want my GTR!

regards,
Robert

QUOTE]

Robert-
Something is wrong, then, because GPL with the CPU patch runs smoothly as silk on my WinXP OS.

Are you absolutely sure you installed the CPU speed patch? Without it, GPL is a slide show on new PCs

Cadet_Bobo
01-14-2005, 11:07 AM
I used what is called the "all in one" patch. It does 1.2.0.2, all 3d rasterizers and all that stuff. It makes an out of the box GPL run great on XP. Now if I could just remember where I got it!?!?!

macd1102
01-14-2005, 02:50 PM
i have gtr, it's everything expected and more, and only cost 53 dollars to get it here in the states

MaxBruder
01-14-2005, 03:45 PM
If you want Grand Prix Legends Demo you can find it at Blackhole Motor Sports website it has alot of improvements just not all of the tracks of the original but these can be downloaded elsewhere. Give it a try.

knightgames_01
01-14-2005, 04:08 PM
Thanks Chuck.

I think I did install it correctly. When I tried it I was also having issues with video editing. I use the computer for work and absolutely need a stable system and it was giving me fits with that. I think it may have been driver issue, but seeing my needs tend to fall in line with work....you can see where GPL might fall a little lower in the priority department. Still would have been nice to get it going.
I've even needed to change drivers back to more editing stable drivers for IL2/FB/PF.

I've loaded the GTR demo and it's a dream show.

thanks anyway , Chuck
regards,
Robert

Once you go Track... you never go back.

altstiff
01-14-2005, 08:43 PM
All in one patch you say?

http://trackdb.d2g.com/all-in-one.asp

Blottogg
01-15-2005, 06:43 AM
Thanks altstiff. It's been a couple of years since I last lapped Monza at less than a buck thirty. I may have to dig out the old Microsoft FF wheel (or the even older TSW unit with the clutch pedal) and try again.

ThreeCrow
01-15-2005, 12:12 PM
GPL is one of my loves and I was looking forward to driving Monaco on the new computer. After I got the wheel and pedals recognized and (finally) the calibration, I found that GPL would run at half speed (I have XP). I was going to un-install and re-install and apply the "All-in-One" patch again...... but I seem to be captured by the Eastern Front. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

It must be a coincidence that I had been looking for GPLEA for the last few days... all my links were bad. Thanks for clearing up my concern.

Now.... we just need to get some $$$ to Sharks.