PDA

View Full Version : Incorrect Height

Liyster
01-01-2011, 06:33 PM
When I first play this game and run through the setup, Your Shape scans me but records the wrong height.

It records me as 83cm tall when in fact I am 183cm tall.

Is there a way to remeasure my height, or is this a bug?

Thanks.

Liyster
01-01-2011, 06:33 PM
When I first play this game and run through the setup, Your Shape scans me but records the wrong height.

It records me as 83cm tall when in fact I am 183cm tall.

Is there a way to remeasure my height, or is this a bug?

Thanks.

Gypsy816
01-02-2011, 04:01 PM
That's odd. Will pass along! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Liyster
01-02-2011, 04:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gypsy816:
That's odd. Will pass along! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, is there anything I can do to help troubleshoot?

Alnark
01-02-2011, 09:22 PM
That is odd. I don't remember my scan giving me the my "final" scanned height. It showed various heights along my body that it scanned, but again, I don't think it gave me one from head to toe...

Liyster
01-02-2011, 09:46 PM
Have a look:

http://bumped.org/tek/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Your-Shape-Fitness-Evolved.jpg

(screenshot from http://bumped.org/tek/2010/06/...ape-fitness-evolved/ (http://bumped.org/tek/2010/06/14/e3-2010-microsoft-kinect-ubisofts-your-shape-fitness-evolved/) )

kjjohnson08
01-02-2011, 10:45 PM
I had the same problem. I think it's due to the sensor being too high or low. It showed my height at 2ft 8in but it's tracking my entire body.

AuntieParticle
01-03-2011, 03:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Liyster:
Have a look:

(screenshot from http://bumped.org/tek/2010/06/...ape-fitness-evolved/ (http://bumped.org/tek/2010/06/14/e3-2010-microsoft-kinect-ubisofts-your-shape-fitness-evolved/) ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How did you access that screen? I don't recall ever having seen it in the game. Of course it's been a while since I started using YSFE http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

bekkilyn
01-03-2011, 04:50 AM
I don't recall ever seeing this screen either, but I'm wondering if it's why I am having issues with the sensor recognizing some of exercises like proper Zen squats.

Skippermark
01-03-2011, 06:58 AM
Is it possible to recalibrate this info once the profile has been created?

StickAForkInHim
01-04-2011, 11:18 AM
I never saw my total height either...I was specifically paying attention to the calibration too because I had heard about peoples' heights being wrong...it showed measurements for different parts of my body but did NOT show my full height...when standing while playing my head is cut off a bit on-screen...I am 6'3" with about 8-9 feet of space...

Alnark
01-04-2011, 06:35 PM
I believe that screen shot to be from a promo or something. I specifically remember when I bought this game how cool it was going to be to see how tall it measured me at because I saw it in an ad...I was severely disappointed when it scanned and started listing heights, but never giving my total height at the end.

SIRJACKHAMMER
01-04-2011, 07:53 PM
I need to recalibrate every time I play. If I don't the camera screws up the block punching game and when I need to hold my arms up. I have my camera set at the suggested eye level height. I first noticed something was wrong when the initial fancy looking calibration showed my hamstrings above my hips! I think those anatomical scans are just pre-set to add some eye candy.

SIRJACKHAMMER
01-04-2011, 08:00 PM
To those having calibration issues and tall guy/gal having head cut off. That should not be happening just because you are tall! Re-calibrate by pushing Y on your controller. When you are being veiwed (in green) by the camera, hold your arms up. Don't press continue until you see the dots (connected by anatomical lines) on your feet and hands. If the camera is not doing this check your lighting. I'm annoyed the game /camera won't save my settings and I have to do it every time I play. Cheers and good luck!

AuntieParticle
01-05-2011, 01:08 AM
SIRJACKHAMMER, this is excellent advice. I am not tall but I do have limited play space that brings me closer to the sensor. So in YSFE my head was sometimes cut off at the top and, as you have mentioned, my arms were cut off when I raised them over my head in the Stack-em-Up game. I was at first leery of trying this recalibration because I am one of the people with the "sinking feet" problem. So I was afraid that if I pointed the sensor to see more above my head it would make the "sinking feet" problem worse. But oddly enough it has improved things on both ends. While I still do not see all of my feet I do see more of them than before. And I now have better tracking of the space above my head. Unlike you, however, Kinect seems to have saved this new recalibration and I don't have to do it each time. During the recalibration I used the option of changing the angle of the sensor (up or down). I played with it until my feet were just at the edge of the bottom of the area pictured and there was as much room as possible above my head. I raised my arms to make sure they were being tracked properly. I also feel it has improved my interaction in other Kinect games.

CliffS2
01-05-2011, 09:39 PM
I am not sure about this model of there being a "calibration" that is in any way permanent. I have never had trouble with my head (or feet) being cut off. Until today. For no reason at all, today I was losing my head if I came closer than about the half-way mark on the green floor box. And the sensor was sometimes losing me entirely if I backed up a bit too far. Maybe it was the lighting, or something going on when I first entered the game. Hopefully it will not be an issue tomorrow. But I am quite skeptical that there is any meaningful "scan" when you make your profile, or any other time. It behaves like it just does something on-the-fly when you turn on the game each time.

rtpsusan
01-11-2011, 10:37 AM
My husband and I have the same height problem. Our kinect is about 3 feet off the ground. Your shape put me somewhere just under 3 feet and my husband at 2 feet 11. There should at least be a place where we can enter the correct height or say whether or not the calibration is correct. Is there a way to do this? It really affects game play when the system thinks my hamstrings are at my hips....

Spectra_FD
01-11-2011, 01:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Liyster:
http://bumped.org/tek/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Your-Shape-Fitness-Evolved.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Player Hight Calibration:
The game does this right at the beginning. It may be the first thing it does. It happens fast, if you didn't see it you may have just been distracted. It is not something you can skip so everyone playing the game has gone through it.

The purpose of this is not to see if your Kinect is set up right. At this point the game assumes you have everything set up correctly. If you don't it will effect your fitness test results and how the game sees you as you play.

Proper hight for your Kinect:
Your sensor should be set as close to your eye level as possible.

Kinect cutting off your FEET AND HEAD:
Cutting off your feet is a known Kinect complaint. My feet are being cut off in every Kinect game I play. However, it has not effected my game play in any way. I still score high in my workouts and I am unbeatable on some of my favorite songs in Dance Central. I haven't bothered to fix it.

That being said, having no head I'm sure effects your gameplay. SIRJACKHAAMMER gave an excellent strategy for overcoming this issue.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SIRJACKHAAMMER:
Re-calibrate by pushing Y on your controller. When you are being viewed (in green) by the camera, hold your arms up. Don't press continue until you see the dots (connected by anatomical lines) on your feet and hands. If the camera is not doing this check your lighting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

CliffS2
01-15-2011, 04:23 PM
Spectra -- We appreciate getting this information. But it leaves the most important questions unanswered, and doesn't help with the implied bug.

1) How does this calibration actually affect game play? Does it in any way explain the inability of the game to track certain exercises correctly? And/or are there other calibration interactions, such as each time you log in? It seems that the head/feet cutoff is something that happens some days and not others.

2) (The implied bug): How do we re-calibrate (or even check on the calibration data?) Apparently, we cannot.

This second point is a big show stopper for some people, and a source of frustration for many others. This is a common problem with game interfaces that if you don't get feedback about something, then you don't trust that the game is doing it right. Which leads to all sorts of odd behavior and unhappiness...

AuntieParticle
01-16-2011, 08:48 AM
I have to agree. Even if it turns out that the information isn't used for anything within the game - though I suspect, at the very least, it's used to calculate the relative calories one burns in combination with weight - not being able to refer back to it or have it rescan if it appears incorrect does not instill user confidence in the game. This leads more people to assume the game and/or Kinect is not tracking them properly on exercises, even if that's not the case.

SIRJACKHAMMER
01-16-2011, 09:34 AM
"Even if it turns out that the information isn't used for anything within the game "

It absolutely does effect the way the game performs, but more importantly how are bodies perform.
I recalibrate using the above mentioned method every day if I want to play the block balancing game (sorry, forget actual name).
When I first sign in and get scanned and hold my arms straight up, the camera loses me from the elbows up. If I don't make the necessary correction my arms hold the balance board up way too low. So my shoulder/arm muscles are not working as hard as they should be to get the desired work out. The calorie counter still keeps rolling and I am able to play the game but with less exertion and therefore less overall worth.

AuntieParticle
01-16-2011, 12:12 PM
I wasn't referring to the sensor calibration. I have in fact used your method of holding my arms up during recalibration and it has worked wonders for the way the sensor sees me within the game. Thank you!! I am referring to the initial in game measurement as depicted in Spectra_FD's post. While they both seem to be called calibration, I believe them to be different things.

SIRJACKHAMMER
01-16-2011, 01:44 PM
Totally agree. The term calibration is far too scientific for what that scan is. I think that it was put in the game for eye candy purposes and I agree that the way the camera sees you during the game is far more important than an initial "this is what you look like" scan. I have had a body scan in a Bod Pod and they had me wear SUPER tight pants http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif (just think Nacho Libre with no shirt on) and even a swim cap! I just don't think that people should sweat the accuracy of the YS scan - just do the work, eat right and let your mirror and scale show the results. If the camera was not calibrated properly before the scan (mine was not) it is wrong anyway - my hamstrings were above my waist)

IstvanSzucs
01-20-2011, 04:57 AM
I don't understand why you guys keep dodging the question, how can we get to the "Full body screen" that you guys keep pushing in your marketing that shows height, shoulder span, arm length, hip and leg line?

AuntieParticle
01-20-2011, 09:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IstvanSzucs:
I don't understand why you guys keep dodging the question, how can we get to the "Full body screen" that you guys keep pushing in your marketing that shows height, shoulder span, arm length, hip and leg line? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The answer is that unless you start the game over from scratch you cannot get to it. It only shows up at introductory stage of the game, never to be seen again. As CliffS2, SIRJACKHAMMER and I have pointed out this is probably not the best thing in term of customer confidence.

BUT if you're looking to recalibrate for the sake of better accuracy in the games press the Y controller button and recalibrate the kinect sensor.

IstvanSzucs
01-20-2011, 09:43 AM
Even if there is no way of going back now as you guys pointed out, I wouldn't think that this would be a problem so difficult to fix that it couldn't be solved with a downloadable patch like the ones that I am forced to download about once a week.

jonsco00
01-31-2011, 04:15 PM
My first posting here so apologies if its not proper

I too have done what SIRJACKHAMMER has said, but this makes no diffence during the initial body scan and I never see my height recorded as others who have also reported this, although the calibration image originally posted by Liyster is showing the height scanned. It is quite annoying saying your hamstrings are more like waist height and some exercises are promting me to squat lower than should be required
Strange enough, I checked on youtube for E3 2010 Microsoft Conference Yourshape Demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...3f70&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewlJTZw3f70&feature=related)

and this live demo is showing height scanned. Surely this issue along with missing hands/feet in game could be easily fixed with an update to the game?

Keltc
02-11-2011, 01:30 AM
Chiming in - same problem here. We've calibrated the Kinect at least three times and every time my wife tries to start using YSFE, it shows her hamstrings to be by her stomach and her abdomen to be by her chest. And an incorrect scanning most definitely affects gameplay. I forget what she was doing, but it kept telling her to widen her stance. I assume because it thought her hamstrings were not being spread apart far enough. Obviously, if it thought her stomach was her hamstrings then of course she's not got a wide enough stance.

Guys, we'd really like a fix on this issue...or some help in figuring out what we're doing wrong for this calibration to be off every single time she does it. She's VERY excited to start using the game. We just need to be able to have it read her properly, first.

AuntieParticle
02-11-2011, 02:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keltc:
Chiming in - same problem here. We've calibrated the Kinect at least three times and every time my wife tries to start using YSFE, it shows her hamstrings to be by her stomach and her abdomen to be by her chest. And an incorrect scanning most definitely affects gameplay. I forget what she was doing, but it kept telling her to widen her stance. I assume because it thought her hamstrings were not being spread apart far enough. Obviously, if it thought her stomach was her hamstrings then of course she's not got a wide enough stance.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This does not address your issue directly but it may help you wife somewhat. In this thread Getting Frustrated with the Personal Training (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5691026098/m/6271015809) there is some discussion about the personal trainer's voice comments and some advice in dealing with them. Hope that helps a bit.

Keltc
02-12-2011, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the tip, Nano. I checked out the thread and will see if we can figure out what tweaks might be needed. My only concerns are these:
1) If the tweaks she needs to do to get the game to register her are actually helpful for the exercise or JUST the game. That is, if she has to move in a way that doesn't benefit her physically - it only makes the game THINK she's doing it right when she's in fact now doing it wrong.
2) We also own Dance Central and that game has no problems tracking her movements. If she does bad on a dance routine I can actually see it and when she practices she gets better and better scoring by being more in time. So I don't think it's a lack in the camera's abilities as one user said in that thread. I've watched her do the YSFE and from what I could see, she was keeping in step and mirroring the trainer.

But as I said, we'll re-try the YSFE using the tips suggested and report back what we've found. Thanks again!

AuntieParticle
02-12-2011, 02:48 PM
In general I have noticed that any adjustment I have had to make when learning a new exercise routine have been quite small and within the range of doing the exercise properly. Some people have mentioned doing odd movements to make an exercise "work", but that has not been my experience at all. I'd say that if someone finds them self having to do contortions to do an exercise than something else is wrong - for example: lighting, calibration, sensor height, play space size, loose clothing. YSFE does seem to be more sensitive to having the right conditions than some other Kinect games.

arcticwolf30
04-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Has anyone found further information to get the scan back?

It does make a difference since block breaker thinks my knees are higher than they really are and positions the blocks almost at hip height. or am I just doing it wrong? :/

boomer235
05-18-2011, 12:10 PM
I was able to get the scan back, but it means losing any saved game, and essentially starting over.
Go to your Xbox settings-&gt; Memory -&gt; Saved games, and delete your MSFE saved games. This allowed me to do the scan over again. If you get a bad scan again then you can hit the "back" selection before you enter you weight, and it will scan you again.
I tried it about 10 times before I had a 'good enough' scan. I think it mostly has to do with menu placement, but I could be wrong. It sure would be nice to have an official voice chime in on this.