PDA

View Full Version : Metric?

AJRobson
01-23-2005, 07:38 AM
I'm used to using mph and feet for my instruments. Even the U.S. planes use metric? Is this accurate? All the training missions use the English system. Is there a way to convert the instruments readouts to English?

VF-29_Sandman
01-23-2005, 08:10 AM
map a key to 'toggle speedbar'. that'll convert from metric to knots, to imperial

AJRobson
01-23-2005, 08:19 AM
aha. That's what "toggle speed bar" means.

Thanks.

atleiker
08-21-2006, 02:58 PM
Will this also toggle the 4 instruments that you see when using the "cockpit off" command of ctrl-F1 so that they are also in imperial units?

vocatx
08-21-2006, 04:59 PM
If any of the instruments have metric units on their faces, that's the way it was. Even the US used metric on a few guages.

The real confusion comes from the airspeed indicators. Depending on which plane you take, it may read in knots, miles, or kilometers per hour. A general rule of thumb is: if it is a Navy aircraft (US or Japanese) the airspeed will be in knots. If it is air force, it will usually be in miles or kilometers per hour.

Tully__
08-22-2006, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by atleiker:
Will this also toggle the 4 instruments that you see when using the "cockpit off" command of ctrl-F1 so that they are also in imperial units? No, those babies are always metric. The toggle speedbar control only affects the red numbers bottom left corner of your screen.

atleiker
08-22-2006, 09:48 AM
Right. Noticed that last night and you answered my next question which would have been is there another toggle setting for those babies.

Thanks much fellas.