PDA

View Full Version : lost ingame radio chatter and menu music

Bozzaroo
12-27-2004, 03:15 PM
I think I remember seeing this problem way back in IL2 days, but I have searched this forum and not been able to find an answer.

Between loading PF and updateing with one of the latest patches .. (think it was the 3.02 beta) I have lost the menu music and the AI ingame chatter - everything is working, engine, gun sounds etc. A but irritating as I now have to have the sub titles back or I haven't got a clue what's going on.

Anyone have a clue how to get it back?

C

dieg777
12-27-2004, 03:31 PM
check your config.ini file in main folder
open with notepad and check these lines in
[game] section

NoSubTitles=0
NoChatter=0
NoHudLog=0

Bozzaroo
12-27-2004, 05:28 PM
At the moment I have the following, but I guess I will have to change the nosubtitles to 0 until I get the sound back

NoSubTitles=1
NoChatter=0
NoHudLog=0

Tully__
12-27-2004, 11:05 PM
There're two types of AI radio chatter sound. One is the "standard" radio messages between your flight leader and you. The other is the random chatter that is inlcuded in some of the add on mission packs. The former is controlled by the "NoChatter" switch in conf.ini and relies on the speech files being present in the relevant country folders in your Samples folder.

The latter relies on the random chatter files in your inflight music folder. You'll need to go to the Hardware Setup/Sound screen and switch the in game music on (and turn up the volume) to make those files play. If they're missing, you'll need to re-install the campaign or mission pack in which they were originally included to get them back.

The "NoSubTitles" switch controls the text display of AI chatter at the top of the screen but has no effect on sound.

dieg777
12-28-2004, 02:46 AM
yep change it from 1 to 0 to get display.