PDA

View Full Version : question on modifying cfg. files and mission editor

semperfi2005
05-31-2005, 12:14 PM
Does anyone know have the time to explain or point me in the right direction on how to modify your cfg files. i have tried but when it saves it shows up as a word doc.
Also, I have tried to make a few missions in the mission editor but it never shows up in the single missions or in the saved games. The mission editor shows them as having been saved and there...?
Any walkthroughs or whatever would be helpful

semperfi2005
05-31-2005, 12:14 PM
Does anyone know have the time to explain or point me in the right direction on how to modify your cfg files. i have tried but when it saves it shows up as a word doc.
Also, I have tried to make a few missions in the mission editor but it never shows up in the single missions or in the saved games. The mission editor shows them as having been saved and there...?
Any walkthroughs or whatever would be helpful

blue_76
05-31-2005, 12:44 PM
u can use a text editor.. such as notepad to change the cfg files.. as for the mission editor, you need to make sure that your mission file name is the same as the directory name without the file extension, or it won't load. And make sure thats in the single missions directory.

semperfi2005
05-31-2005, 02:42 PM
Thanks, I'll try that.
One question though.... when I did save the cfg files as word there was no change in the originals

deKoven
06-01-2005, 07:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by semperfi2005:
Thanks, I'll try that.
One question though.... when I did save the cfg files as word there was no change in the originals </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, that's right! If you associate the .cfg files with Notepad then that won't happen. Word is not the best editor to use for them. That said, you CAN make Word behave. Instead of Save use Save As and under the filename you can select the file type also.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif