PDA

View Full Version : game performance

KARAYA77
12-13-2004, 02:10 AM
Hi guys, I am running PF on an athlon 2,0 Ghz, 1GB of RAM and a 64MB GeForce. The play is smooth until I fly over archipelagos (Midway) €" then the game starts to get choppery. Anyone has a tip on which part of my HW should be upgraded in order to get a more enjoyable play? Thx, Loki

KARAYA77
12-13-2004, 02:10 AM
Hi guys, I am running PF on an athlon 2,0 Ghz, 1GB of RAM and a 64MB GeForce. The play is smooth until I fly over archipelagos (Midway) €" then the game starts to get choppery. Anyone has a tip on which part of my HW should be upgraded in order to get a more enjoyable play? Thx, Loki

WUAF_Badsight
12-13-2004, 03:01 AM
you mean you get slow-down when your looking at those palm trees that are on islands in PF ?

KARAYA77
12-13-2004, 03:56 AM
yea. the thig is that it only happens over Midway, which is probably quite crowded with ground personnell assuming from the intense AA fire. It never happens above Guadalcanal or other land areas. Is it possible that my CPU unit is not powerfull enough?

RocketDog
12-13-2004, 04:17 AM
It's more likely to be your graphics card. A 64 MB GeForce (what sort?) is no longer anything other than a minimal gaming solution.

However, there's often quite a bit of tweaking to do that can improve performance. If you post your system specs and frame rates in the Community Help forum there are people there who will give you a hand in getting the best from your rig.

Regards,

RocketDog.

KARAYA77
12-13-2004, 04:33 AM
ok, thanks a lot guys,

good hunting and merrry Christmas