PDA

View Full Version : SHIV

Chief_W_Mueller
02-19-2007, 08:00 AM
I've been spending some time with Flight Simulator X. Incredible graphics and features, but it is plagued with frame rate issues. At times it performs like an enhanced slide show presentation rather than a smooth flow of real time graphics. Does anyone know if SHIV has these type of frame rate problems. SHIII runs incredibly smooth and I'd hope that SHIV's performance is not compromised as a trade off for other improvements.

Thanks and GOOD HUNTING ! ! !

Chief_W_Mueller
02-19-2007, 08:00 AM
I've been spending some time with Flight Simulator X. Incredible graphics and features, but it is plagued with frame rate issues. At times it performs like an enhanced slide show presentation rather than a smooth flow of real time graphics. Does anyone know if SHIV has these type of frame rate problems. SHIII runs incredibly smooth and I'd hope that SHIV's performance is not compromised as a trade off for other improvements.

Thanks and GOOD HUNTING ! ! !

Kingcobra24
02-19-2007, 08:13 AM
I have FS-X and I'm getting between 80 and 90 frames per second...which is nothing to moan about.
Sounds like you MIGHT be having graphics problems concerning your hardware rather than your software.
Do you have enough RAM memory, or are you barely covering the minimum needed?

Chief_W_Mueller
02-19-2007, 08:30 AM
I have 2 GB Ram and an ATI Radeon X1600 Pro 512 MB and an AMD Anthlon 64 processor 3400.

What do you think?

jarcher1701
02-19-2007, 09:58 AM
I have frame rate issues on Flight Sim X, and I have a 7900GT (mid/high end) card. Your card is a little weak, but it should run FSX ok if you tone down the graphics to low/medium.

Your ram is okay.

However your CPU is weak, much like my Pentium 4 3.2ghz.

Try toning down the graphics. I should think your system will handle silent hunter 4 though. You just might need to tone down the sparkly graphics, or the resolution.

Wingtip9875
02-19-2007, 10:57 AM
flight sim x is so demanding its just not entirely your pc... microshaft just fibbed to everyone on the min requirements..but, direct x 10 frees up alot of this once you switch to vista...

i just built my new rig a few days ago and even it still can't be maxed out on graphics and its not slouch.

asus crosshair motherboard
amd AM2 64bit 5200 windsor cpu
2gigs corsair dominator 44412
gforce 8800 gts (overclock version)
680 watt power supply
10,000 rpm western digital raptor 150gig hard drive.

it definatly helped compared to my old amd 3500/gforce 6800 w/512mb onboard ram/ 2gigs corsair ram and 430 watt supply

and by the way, if you havent heard and have a socket 939 processor, you better get rid of it quick... they stopped making those last fall and if you need a replacement all thats on the market is it...once their gone their gone... so not only will it be expensive to replace but wont be worth a hoot to sell cause nobody will wanna buy something not supported.

banzai_billy
02-19-2007, 08:10 PM
i have FSX
and its runs like a grandma in pumps

goatman455
02-19-2007, 09:23 PM
Lol, guys his question was about SHIV performance. I really feel you on this one, my computer is getting old, I am upgrading soon, but I need to play SHIV when it comes out so I hope my rig can handle it. I think we will be ok, but maybe don't expect to jack the resolution and settings up (you can control the resolution in the game right?) I always found it funny, the game that does EVERYTHING right doesn't have the one feature that everyone else has, resolution control.

Chief_W_Mueller
02-19-2007, 09:43 PM
Thank you all, but especially you - goatman - because even though I'd love to get FS-X running smoother, my question WAS on SHIV. I do appreciate all of the replies though. This has always been a tremendous forum for info exchange.

Tonight, I just completed my 15th patrol and it's June, 1942. The aircraft are getting quite challenging. My next patrol is sending me to AM78. This should be quite a test for my VIIC U-98. Patience, I'm sure, will be the key.

Thanks to all and GOOD HUNTING ! ! !