PDA

View Full Version : Dear Ubisoft, please don't kill Splinter Cell

DrMeaty79
05-23-2007, 09:13 PM
Okay, I understand it's your franchise, and you can go wherever you want with it. SC Conviction is what it is, and no amount of *****ing and whining will change that at this point.
That being said, It's hard to imagine how you could expect hardcore fans of the series not to feel a bit "overlooked", to say the least. I'm only one person, and I don't expect the industry to bend over backward to accomodate my own specific tastes, but I'm not the only one who feels this way. That's why I would ask you to please at least consider making the next Slinter Cell an actual Splinter Cell game. Thank you.

DrMeaty79
05-23-2007, 09:13 PM
Okay, I understand it's your franchise, and you can go wherever you want with it. SC Conviction is what it is, and no amount of *****ing and whining will change that at this point.
That being said, It's hard to imagine how you could expect hardcore fans of the series not to feel a bit "overlooked", to say the least. I'm only one person, and I don't expect the industry to bend over backward to accomodate my own specific tastes, but I'm not the only one who feels this way. That's why I would ask you to please at least consider making the next Slinter Cell an actual Splinter Cell game. Thank you.

FSA_shadow
05-23-2007, 09:21 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Stealth_chill
05-23-2007, 09:35 PM
Dear DrMeaty79,
no

love,
ubisoft

DrMeaty79
05-23-2007, 10:25 PM
Are you kidding me?

http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1619/Tom-Clancys-...-Cell-Conviction/p1/ (http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1619/Tom-Clancys-Splinter-Cell-Conviction/p1/)

"As far as we know, there aren't any night vision goggles or nifty spy gadgets in this one. Instead, Sam will have to rely on his wits (and a little bit of luck) to get by."

No goggles at all? I hope that's not true.

simulacra
05-24-2007, 12:36 AM
Why are the goggles so gnamned important?
I really dont understand how ppl cant be so affected by tiny, and honestly, unimportant details like the goggles, they were a tool, just like the five seven and the rifle.

It's a new situation for sam fisher, that means new tools that are better adapted to the present circumstances...

Georg_Maximus
05-24-2007, 04:11 AM
Yeah, but still: the goggles were more than an in-game gadget - it was the symbol by which the SC series was immediately recognized and comprised everything we loved about it: put three green dots in a triangle and all gamers would think of covert operations and top secret missions deep behind enemy lines. Now their absence symbolize the way in which the SC is going. Too bad.

Chinese_Bookey
05-24-2007, 04:34 AM
simulacra, stop being such a cold realist. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif The goggles are iconic! Hell, they're nearly sacred. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif Well, to me. Plus, they're the one thing, among many, by which you could easily recognize SC. Hmm, I hope they'll make a return at the beginning of Conviction, or at least in SC6. Full-time, of course.

marinius
05-24-2007, 06:01 AM
Yeah the goggles are iconic. Remember the Double Agent-trailer where Sam threw his goggles into the ocean, that was a classic SC-moment (which that game of course wasn't...)

Anyway Chinese Bookey, being a Grimsdottirist I would think you'd be pretty excited at the prospect of SC Conviction being all about saving poor Grim. She needs your help, so you'd better step up mate...!

Filipe2004
05-24-2007, 06:46 AM
first i thought, wow, this could be cool, a all daylight game, with active stealth and big interaction.
But when i watched the trailers i thinked "crappy ****, thys is going to be another hitman game(i dont like that game).
I dont know if u guys loved it, if you did, you should buy it, if not you are just buying a hitman game whyt the body of sam fisher.

P.S: The three lights were imortal, u should buy it at the black market, that would be cool.

Brownsnakeeyes
05-24-2007, 08:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by simulacra:
I really dont understand how ppl cant be so affected by tiny, and honestly, unimportant details like the goggles, they were a tool, just like the five seven and the rifle.

It's a new situation for sam fisher, that means new tools that are better adapted to the present circumstances... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Taking the goggles away is like Konami making a MGS game without Snake having his headband. It's a symbol. It's a symbol of Splinter Cell.

It is iconic. And it is also sacred.

I have a feeling UBISOFT is making a titanic mistake. lmfao http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

MKCC14
05-24-2007, 12:45 PM
The goggles are Sam Fisher's trademark...have you even seen NVG like that in any other game? No, everyone knows Sam by it.

Chinese_Bookey
05-24-2007, 01:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by marinius:
Anyway Chinese Bookey, being a Grimsdottirist I would think you'd be pretty excited at the prospect of SC Conviction being all about saving poor Grim. She needs your help, so you'd better step up mate...! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes...

For Anna... anything...

marinius
05-25-2007, 01:23 AM
Lol, I thought as much!

BTW, I remember when I first discovered I could get into the room where Anna's at in the training course of SC1. I knocked her out just to see if I could and what would happen....don't hate me for it... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif

Knot3D
05-25-2007, 01:42 AM
I switched off the lights in that room just to see what would happen - nothing....

Anyway... Ubi's Conviction has probably killed off SC already.

This is merely a game which happens to feature a character names Sam Fisher.

I'd buy a true Splinter Cell game, not per say a Sam Fisher game.

CriminalOrigins
05-25-2007, 02:29 AM
People get so worked over their video games...

Anyway, I'm sure the game will be fun. It just won't be anything like Splinter Cell...

scope2005
05-25-2007, 12:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Knot3D:
I switched off the lights in that room just to see what would happen - nothing....

I'd buy a true Splinter Cell game, not per say a Sam Fisher game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree wholeheartedly with your post and everyone else.. This isnt a splinter-cell game, only a splinter-cell in title.

Chinese_Bookey
05-25-2007, 12:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by marinius:
Lol, I thought as much!

BTW, I remember when I first discovered I could get into the room where Anna's at in the training course of SC1. I knocked her out just to see if I could and what would happen....don't hate me for it... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hahah. No white flag's gonna save you once I get my claws on you! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

EmmaJordan
05-25-2007, 02:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Knot3D:

I'd buy a true Splinter Cell game, not per say a Sam Fisher game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My thoughts exactly.

I think the braintrust at Ubisoft is more focused on telling a story about Sam Fisher than continuing with what its fans want...i.e., telling a story about a splinter cell by the name of Sam Fisher

EmmaJordan
05-25-2007, 02:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brownsnakeeyes:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by simulacra:

It's a new situation for sam fisher, that means new tools that are better adapted to the present circumstances... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Taking the goggles away is like Konami making a MGS game without Snake having his headband. It's a symbol. It's a symbol of Splinter Cell.

It is iconic. And it is also sacred.

I have a feeling UBISOFT is making a titanic mistake. lmfao http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Definitely a mistake.

I am one of the "discontented", so of course, my view is likely skewed. However, I have never seen as much negativity among a fan base prior to the release of a game.

At some point, they should probably listen.... (silly me, I know, listening to customers... what's next?). The people, whether you agree with them or not, that post on a fan board like this are, typically, very passionate fans of the video game franchise... we are the people that will most likely buy the product.

A game trailer or game footage being released is supposed to be exciting... on most fansites, this would be greeted with great anticipation. Yet, a very large number of people on this board do think that this will be a mistake (or are, at least, not happy about the changes).

Bas_Lightyear
05-25-2007, 02:51 PM
I feel a bit overlooked too. No goggles, and as far as i have seen there's no sneaking around military buildings like we all did in especially chaos theory and double agent (you gotta admit, the stealth was much better in game #3 and #4). I really don't want to only walk in crowds and do hand to hand combat, it all sound cool though, but i prefer the old ways of splinter cell. knocking down some dumb scared guards down from behind, i really love the scared guard part. No gadgets like sticky shokcer OK, but the goggles have to stay, why didn't sam just take his gear at the end of double agent.

XBfreak_101
05-25-2007, 10:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stealth_chill:
Dear DrMeaty79,
no

love,
ubisoft </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lmao! good one.

rogerwilco99
05-26-2007, 12:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CriminalOrigins:
People get so worked over their video games...

Anyway, I'm sure the game will be fun. It just won't be anything like Splinter Cell... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, if DA is any indication, I'm not so sure it will be fun. But I think you've nailed the second part. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

UBISoft? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif Are you listening? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif (I thought not...)

Banxafe
05-26-2007, 04:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DrMeaty79:
That being said, It's hard to imagine how you could expect hardcore fans of the series not to feel a bit "overlooked", to say the least. I'm only one person, and I don't expect the industry to bend over backward to accomodate my own specific tastes, but I'm not the only one who feels this way. That's why I would ask you to please at least consider making the next Slinter Cell an actual Splinter Cell game. Thank you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> If you don't shut up, i will kill you idiot. you just don't know nothing... nothing at all. Just let them do their job. it's based on what's happening with NOC's this time. betray,Convition,lies. Youre training is over soldier. it's al what i can say... everything is a lie...

XBfreak_101
05-26-2007, 08:49 AM
Ban you're a ***git

Banxafe
05-26-2007, 08:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by XBfreak_101:
Ban you're a ***git </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thank you, kind sir.
well i had a bad day, and i look on the forum of my favorite game and all they do is whining why it isn't splinter cell anymore... you didn't see anything. the things you hear and see are pre-alpha, alpha content. nothing final. and well if it sucks and the formula doesn't work, hell they make another game with the old roots. honestly i'm sick of playing a sequel's with better graphics and minor changes. then they could just make missions packs and throw it in the marketplace. i want it different this time. i played 4 splinter cells ( or 3) that had a good stealth and hide aspect. now you can't do that till splinter cell 10 the franchise will become milked out and nobody will care anymore.

XBfreak_101
05-26-2007, 09:01 AM
Yeah these people are freaking ******ed. I really wanted something like this in the first place, not the stupid old **** for the same 4 games. I'm looking forward to this game.

capteenix
05-26-2007, 09:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by XBfreak_101:
Yeah these people are freaking ******ed. I really wanted something like this in the first place, not the stupid old **** for the same 4 games. I'm looking forward to this game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well you can Always have Assassins Creed for that.

Rossdavies
05-26-2007, 10:14 AM
Yeah these people are freaking ******ed. I really wanted something like this in the first place, not the stupid old **** for the same 4 games. I'm looking forward to this game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

O_o

If you want an FPS game you play an fps game, if you want tactics you play a tactical game, you want stealth you play a stealth game.

We want stealth, what do we have to choose from now that Splinter Cell is going to leave the building?

As a 360 owner: Nothing.

You want a playstyle other than Splinter Cell, well what you do is play a game with a playstyle that appeals to you.

Quite simple really...

XBfreak_101
05-26-2007, 10:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rossdavies:

O_o

If you want an FPS game you play an fps game, if you want tactics you play a tactical game, you want stealth you play a stealth game.

We want stealth, what do we have to choose from now that Splinter Cell is going to leave the building?

As a 360 owner: Nothing.

You want a playstyle other than Splinter Cell, well what you do is play a game with a playstyle that appeals to you.

Quite simple really... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who said I wanted an FPS game? It's freakin 3rd person you idiot! It's still Splinter Cell, and there are missions where you will be a spy, the fugitive thing isn't for the whole game.

Rossdavies
05-26-2007, 11:35 AM
http://www.cyh.com/HealthTopics/Library/brain.gif

See that thing? That's called a brain, and I suggest you engage it before posting again.

They where examples (hopefully you understand this term). Splinter Cell has, up until now, been the principle light and shadow game, that is what it is (or has been). If you DON'T want to play a light and shadow game you can go to a shop and find a veritable plethora of choice.

Oh, right, so the statement that 50% of the missions will be fugitive style means that the rest of the game is like the old school splinter cell? They also said that lighting is purely for atmospheric effect, and that DA was a peace offering to their loyal light and darkness fans.

You claim simply hearsay, nay, wishful-thinking as fact to shut me up?

Next time, try reading more than 3 words of a post eh? I think it is perfectly obvious that splinter cell is not a FPS, nor is it a RTS. However, the example stands, if you want to play a game of one type you go and buy a game of that type. When I want to go out this Christmas to buy a stealth game for my 360, what will be my options?

None, no options.

You successfully lowered the IQ of the entirety of humanity with your last post, congrats!

XBfreak_101
05-26-2007, 02:53 PM
I never said it half of it would be the classic splinter cell, I said that you would be a be a spy with the suit and everything. How about you take your own advice and stop putting words in my mouth. I see that picture, but that brain is the size of an intelligent person. Your brain is the size of the cerebrum.

And saying that I lowered the community's IQ has been said numerous times and it gets really old, sorry but you wernt original in any of your insults.

Mike13_6
05-26-2007, 03:48 PM
what i think is that ubisoft is not letting splinter cell live up to its name http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif... so im a bit confused that they're making it into a fighting styled game rather than a stealth game.

ROLNIK
05-26-2007, 05:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rossdavies:

See that thing? That's called a brain, and I suggest you engage it before posting again.

They where examples (hopefully you understand this term). Splinter Cell has, up until now, been the principle light and shadow game, that is what it is (or has been). If you DON'T want to play a light and shadow game you can go to a shop and find a veritable plethora of choice.

Oh, right, so the statement that 50% of the missions will be fugitive style means that the rest of the game is like the old school splinter cell? They also said that lighting is purely for atmospheric effect, and that DA was a peace offering to their loyal light and darkness fans.

Next time, try reading more than 3 words of a post eh? I think it is perfectly obvious that splinter cell is not a FPS, nor is it a RTS. However, the example stands, if you want to play a game of one type you go and buy a game of that type. When I want to go out this Christmas to buy a stealth game for my 360, what will be my options?

None, no options.

You successfully lowered the IQ of the entirety of humanity with your last post, congrats! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rossdavies
05-26-2007, 06:02 PM
I never said it half of it would be the classic splinter cell, I said that you would be a be a spy with the suit and everything. How about you take your own advice and stop putting words in my mouth. I see that picture, but that brain is the size of an intelligent person. Your brain is the size of the cerebrum.

And saying that I lowered the community's IQ has been said numerous times and it gets really old, sorry but you wernt original in any of your insults. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1: You where ambiguous. I assumed that the point you made was actually pertinent to the issues I raised in my post, sorry if I over-estimated your intelligence.

I said: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">you want stealth you play a stealth game.

We want stealth, what do we have to choose from now that Splinter Cell is going to leave the building? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thus I assumed that this:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and there are missions where you will be a spy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
was in response to aforementioned quote by me, and therefor that, while your text was ambiguous, was in-fact referring to spy gameplay as stealth gameplay.

So you weren't? Therefor you previous post was completely off on a tangent from what I posted, and can be completely ignored. And thus we can ignore any response by me on the subject; I was mislead by aforementioned ambiguity.

2: I tried to refrain from petty insults, but in the face of your overwhelming obtuseness caved in to it.

DrMeaty79
05-30-2007, 04:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Banxafe:
If you don't shut up, i will kill you idiot. you just don't know nothing... nothing at all. Just let them do their job. it's based on what's happening with NOC's this time. betray,Convition,lies. Youre training is over soldier. it's al what i can say... everything is a lie... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope you're not dropping cheeze doodle crumbs on daddy's computer. Go eat some more paint or something so the grownups can talk.

marinius
05-30-2007, 04:45 AM

And saying that I lowered the community's IQ has been said numerous times and it gets really old, sorry but you wernt original in any of your insults. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1: You where ambiguous. I assumed that the point you made was actually pertinent to the issues I raised in my post, sorry if I over-estimated your intelligence.

I said: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">you want stealth you play a stealth game.

We want stealth, what do we have to choose from now that Splinter Cell is going to leave the building? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thus I assumed that this:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and there are missions where you will be a spy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
was in response to aforementioned quote by me, and therefor that, while your text was ambiguous, was in-fact referring to spy gameplay as stealth gameplay.

So you weren't? Therefor you previous post was completely off on a tangent from what I posted, and can be completely ignored. And thus we can ignore any response by me on the subject; I was mislead by aforementioned ambiguity.

2: I tried to refrain from petty insults, but in the face of your overwhelming obtuseness caved in to it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, nice comeback Ross! Although, as you also point out, we really shouldn't resort to insults and name callings. But I definitely see why you were tempted http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif The thing with resorting to insults though, is you're lowering the bar down to the level of all the kids in here shouting insults at people like us who aren't too happy with what we've seen so far of Conviction. You know, we "whine", we "hate" we're idiots for wanting a different kind of game than what SCC seems to be.

Granted, none of us knows as of yet what the experience of playing SCC will be, but if we're to trust monsieur Ferland we know it's gonna be quite a bit different from old school SC. But poeple like XBfreak and Banxafe just won't allow for the fact that we feel differently about the wisdom of these changes.

Release_15
05-30-2007, 04:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">That being said, It's hard to imagine how you could expect hardcore fans of the series not to feel a bit "overlooked", to say the least. I'm only one person, and I don't expect the industry to bend over backward to accomodate my own specific tastes, but I'm not the only one who feels this way. That's why I would ask you to please at least consider making the next Slinter Cell an actual Splinter Cell game. Thank you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't agree with this. Conviction is actual Splinter Cell imo. Sneaking in the shadows will not remain a novel approach forever, and I doubt if it will remain fun for that long either...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Granted, none of us knows as of yet what the experience of playing SCC will be, but if we're to trust monsieur Ferland we know it's gonna be quite a bit different from old school SC. But poeple like XBfreak and Banxafe just won't allow for the fact that we feel differently about the wisdom of these changes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But I can't argue with this post.
Everyone has a right to his own opinion.

I sincerely hope the next preview will arrive soon, so we can all get a more extensive view on what this game might contain...

And what the freck will be in Sam's shoulderbag.

rogue_tom
05-30-2007, 04:58 PM
I love the new idea. Light / dark is an old concept now. I welcome the change. If they made another light / dark game most gamers would probally get bored of it, including the delusional sc fans.

No one is making you buy the game so if you don't like it dont buy it.

Imo scda was a good game except the large amount of bugs. If i didn't have the geforce 8800 bugs it could have been brilliant.

FSA_shadow
05-30-2007, 07:45 PM

None, no options.

You successfully lowered the IQ of the entirety of humanity with your last post, congrats! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lmao

superman3392
05-30-2007, 09:21 PM
Convictions sounds a lot like Hitman...im a fan of both games but if i wanted to play a game like this id just play Hitman...i hope its not like that i want more stealth and goggles http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

marinius
05-31-2007, 03:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rogue_tom:
No one is making you buy the game so if you don't like it dont buy it.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're missing the point of the discussions in these forums. I think we all understand that nobody's forcing us to buy a certain game. These forums are about voicing your opinions based on what we know so far. Please refrain from posting such obviously redundant remarks that tell us nothing, except that you're not able to make a proper argument.

rattle_snak1981
05-31-2007, 07:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DrMeaty79:
That being said, It's hard to imagine how you could expect hardcore fans of the series not to feel a bit "overlooked", to say the least. I'm only one person, and I don't expect the industry to bend over backward to accomodate my own specific tastes, but I'm not the only one who feels this way. That's why I would ask you to please at least consider making the next Slinter Cell an actual Splinter Cell game. Thank you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

WiiFuelee
06-23-2007, 07:43 AM
It just amazes me how the game hasnt even come out yet and your all shooting it down already after only seeing the Ubidays footage. Boo hoo hoo its not a real splinter cell game, How do you know that? Youve only seen one small part of the game, it doesnt mean to say the rest of the game is exactly all like that.

I think some of you need to think outside the square a little more when it comes to Splinter Cell. Its good to see UBI taking risks with SC:C and going in a new direction. We have always played Sam Fisher in these games and i kinda like how they have given this other side to his character and that its not all about the stealth suit and the goggles all the time but about Sam Fisher the man as well.

Assaultmachine1
06-23-2007, 12:41 PM
I suppose it was a shame to change so many things about the Splinter Cell franchise in this one Splinter Cell game, but sometimes change is for the better. I loved the Splinter Cell franchise yet we need to see more than just graphics appearing better. After all, most of the Splinter Cell games changed in graphics for the most and not in gameplay.

With Splinter Cell Conviction, it is still a part of the Splinter Cell franchise because if it wasn't then it wouldn't be linked to all of the other Splinter Cell games. This is no spin-off title. It is an actual follow up to what happens with Sam Fisher.

Although it is somewhat of a shame to see ourselves losing what we loved so much about a franchise, I'm sure that with more things for you to do in this next game, Ubisoft Montreal could even bring back the old Splinter Cell back along with Convictions' features and improve it even more. Infact, if Ubisoft Montreal does decide on bringing back the old formula, they should allow players multiple paths, so you can be a Third Echelon agent, a fugitive, or someone else. No matter what you are, you have the training and all those same elements that you've learned of what it is like to be a Splinter Cell, along with even more, and that's what counts for you as being a Splinter Cell. Please, Ubisoft, release a game with more paths for us to choose and make it a whole lot better than that of any Splinter Cell game of the past. Make it memorable to us all.