PDA

View Full Version : Will ACR have ANY surprises? *spoilers*

Assassinsyk
11-01-2011, 12:52 AM
..besides story-wise? With the massive promoting UBI's done, you can't help but know about hookblade, den-defense and bomb crafting. I have tried, but they floor it out in Facebook, forums, YouTube and every magazine possible, so no luck in being spoiler-free. It kinda bothers me, since there's alot of other ways to promote the game without all the spoilers, and in ACB I was pretty much waiting for everything (assassins recruits, Borgia towers), never getting the christmas-feeling like in Arkham city.

Do you think they'll have anything saved for us, besides some details regarding black room?

Assassinsyk
11-01-2011, 12:52 AM
..besides story-wise? With the massive promoting UBI's done, you can't help but know about hookblade, den-defense and bomb crafting. I have tried, but they floor it out in Facebook, forums, YouTube and every magazine possible, so no luck in being spoiler-free. It kinda bothers me, since there's alot of other ways to promote the game without all the spoilers, and in ACB I was pretty much waiting for everything (assassins recruits, Borgia towers), never getting the christmas-feeling like in Arkham city.

Do you think they'll have anything saved for us, besides some details regarding black room?

LightRey
11-01-2011, 12:54 AM
They've only shown us a few little bits of the game. Rest assured that there will be many very unexpected things in the game.

Assassinsyk
11-01-2011, 02:09 AM
I hope youre right, but I'm not so sure. Besides keeping a tight lid on the story, they poor out every small (and huge) change they've made and things added. Bomb crafting in detail, every aspect of hook blade, den defence and Altair gameplay shown. Think back to ACB, were there really anything we didn't know of pre-release?

I truly hope they have saved some, but it seems their marketing is all about showing the cool stuff so people would want to try it themselves, instead of having faith in the strong brand AC now has become, and let people get a positive surprise during play.

EscoBlades
11-01-2011, 02:29 AM
There are surprises. I'll leave it at that.

LightRey
11-01-2011, 02:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassinsyk:
I hope youre right, but I'm not so sure. Besides keeping a tight lid on the story, they poor out every small (and huge) change they've made and things added. Bomb crafting in detail, every aspect of hook blade, den defence and Altair gameplay shown. Think back to ACB, were there really anything we didn't know of pre-release?

I truly hope they have saved some, but it seems their marketing is all about showing the cool stuff so people would want to try it themselves, instead of having faith in the strong brand AC now has become, and let people get a positive surprise during play. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
We've still only seen a few kinds of bomb materials. There should be quite a few more. We also still have no idea just what the stalker gameplay'll be like and we've barely seen anything regarding the Altar and Desmond gameplay.

Chronomancy
11-01-2011, 02:55 AM
SPOILER http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ&ob=av2e SPOILER

Assassinsyk
11-01-2011, 03:10 AM
Esco brought a tear to my eye, about now.

And Im trying not to be a sourpuss, LightRey, but the cat is out of the bag on the bombs, not knowing EVERY material is just knowing the color of the cat. Looking back on ACB I doubt theyve changed tactics to the degree that they can surprise us on something as BIG as hook, bombs or dens. Stalker-thing is something I havent heard of so you gave me some hope on that one.

And Im not touching that one, Chrono!

Artemis88
11-01-2011, 04:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassinsyk:
And Im not touching that one, Chrono! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't worry about it, Chrono's just being a big tease http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Jexx21
11-01-2011, 04:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Artemis88:
And Im not touching that one, Chrono! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't worry about it, Chrono's just being a big tease http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not gonna give Not gonna give Not gonna give you up, not gonna let you down, not gonna run around and desert you!

an-assassin
11-01-2011, 06:52 AM
Lol, was it a Rick roll? Good thing I didnt press. I HATE Rick rolls http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif good one crono

twenty_glyphs
11-01-2011, 07:40 AM

I truly hope they have saved some, but it seems their marketing is all about showing the cool stuff so people would want to try it themselves, instead of having faith in the strong brand AC now has become, and let people get a positive surprise during play. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If they didn't show the new features they had added, even more people would be complaining that they haven't added or changed anything in the game and that they're just milking it this year. So it makes no sense to not show off the new features the game has.

However, they've really held back on the Desmond gameplay and shown no gameplay of that at all, just two short cut scenes. From what they've said about it, there seems to be a lot of Desmond content there with some new unique types of puzzles and whatever is going on in Animus Island that Desmond will roam around. They seem to really want to keep the story and gameplay of Desmond's part a surprise.

Mr-Assassino
11-01-2011, 10:02 AM
I'm sure there will be quite a bit of suprises... I can't wait to use the hookblade, though..

superkootje
11-01-2011, 10:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chronomancy:
SPOILER http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ&ob=av2e SPOILER </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Crap I got rick-rolled :S

iN3krO
11-01-2011, 10:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by superkootje:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chronomancy:
SPOILER http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ&ob=av2e SPOILER </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Crap I got rick-rolled :S </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what is the problem of rick roll? it's a nice music :O

YHHTQ
11-01-2011, 11:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EscoBlades:
There are surprises. I'll leave it at that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good enough for me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

MostJadedGamer
11-01-2011, 11:05 AM
..besides story-wise? With the massive promoting UBI's done, you can't help but know about hookblade, den-defense and bomb crafting. I have tried, but they floor it out in Facebook, forums, YouTube and every magazine possible, so no luck in being spoiler-free. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First of all you have no idea what the word spoilers even mean. Spoilers refer to the story or characters. It does NOT refer to new gameplay elements.

Second of all Ubisoft would be absolutely crazy not to promote the new gameplay additions. That is the whole point of previews.

They have to tell people what they have added gameplay wise otherwise they risk losing a lot of sales. They have to convince people why they should drop $60 on another AC game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It kinda bothers me, since there's alot of other ways to promote the game without all the spoilers, and in ACB I was pretty much waiting for everything (assassins recruits, Borgia towers), never getting the christmas-feeling like in Arkham city. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again that is NOT spoilers. New gameplay additions are not spoilers.

Its seems to be you shouldn't even be posting on this site or reading video games mags or sites at all. That way you will know nothing.

Because the first, and most important thing companies have to do when they are trying to sell a sequel is convince people they have added enough gameplay wise or imporve the gameplay enough for them to buy the game.

If you don't like that. Then you need to completely all gaming mags, gaming sites, and gaming forums. You shouldn't even posting here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I truly hope they have saved some, but it seems their marketing is all about showing the cool stuff so people would want to try it themselves, instead of having faith in the strong brand AC now has become, and let people get a positive surprise during play. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO. They have to sell people the game(that is what every publisher who wants a game to be successful HAS TO DO).

There are tons of other games in November that people can get instead of AC: Revelations. If Ubisoft didn't want try to sell people on buying Revelations a lot of people would just buy other games instead.

You don't seem to understand that Revelations has a lot of big games to compete with this month, and gamers could easily choose to spend there money on other games instead of Revelations.

ShaneO7K
11-01-2011, 11:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dennis580:
..besides story-wise? With the massive promoting UBI's done, you can't help but know about hookblade, den-defense and bomb crafting. I have tried, but they floor it out in Facebook, forums, YouTube and every magazine possible, so no luck in being spoiler-free. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First of all you have no idea what the word spoilers even mean. Spoilers refer to the story or characters. It does NOT refer to new gameplay elements.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually a spoiler does not have to be refering to the story or characters, many people do not want to know the majority of details that are released about games before release so gameplay details can still be called spoilers, depending on who you ask of course.

Some people would consider details on the multiplayer spoilers also.

Learn not to be so fast to bash at someone for saying something you believe to be wrong, it just makes you look worse than the person in question.

LightRey
11-01-2011, 11:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dennis580:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually a spoiler does not have to be refering to the story or characters, many people do not want to know the majority of details that are released about games before release so gameplay details can still be called spoilers, depending on who you ask of course.

Some people would consider details on the multiplayer spoilers also.

Learn not to be so fast to bash at someone for saying something you believe to be wrong, it just makes you look worse than the person in question. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is true. Any information that someone would not like to know before a certain time can be considered a spoiler.

MostJadedGamer
11-01-2011, 11:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Actually a spoiler does not have to be refering to the story or characters, many people do not want to know the majority of details that are released about games before release so gameplay details can still be called spoilers, depending on who you ask of course.

Some people would consider details on the multiplayer spoilers also. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In videogames spoilers are either story or character related. Gameplay information is NOT considered spoilers.

ShaneO7K
11-01-2011, 11:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Actually a spoiler does not have to be refering to the story or characters, many people do not want to know the majority of details that are released about games before release so gameplay details can still be called spoilers, depending on who you ask of course.

Some people would consider details on the multiplayer spoilers also. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In videogames spoilers are either story or character related. Gameplay information is NOT considered spoilers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
To put this simply, you're wrong. I don't see why I have to repeat myself here.

LightRey
11-01-2011, 12:14 PM

To quote the Oxford English Dictionary:

In videogames spoilers are either story or character related. Gameplay information is NOT considered spoilers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
To quote the Oxford English Dictionary:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">spoiler n. 1 a person or thing that spoils. &gt; a news story published to divert attention from a similar story published elsewhere. 2 a flap on an aircraft wing which can be projected to create drag and so reduce speed. &gt; a similar device on a motor vehicle intended to improve roadholding at high speeds. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As you can clearly see there's no separate definition related to video games or anything of the sort. A spoiler is merely something that spoils, for any reason and under any circumstance.

MostJadedGamer
11-01-2011, 12:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">To put this simply, you're wrong. I don't see why I have to repeat myself here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go to GameFAQS, and try posting something story related without the word spoilers in the title. You will be warned or get you account suspended.

Yet you can post anything you want about gameplay without having the word spoilers in the the title.

Simply put gameplay details are NOT considered spoilers. That is a simple fact.

When people say don't post spoilers they mean something that is story related not gameplay related.

LightRey
11-01-2011, 12:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">To put this simply, you're wrong. I don't see why I have to repeat myself here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go to GameFAQS, and try posting something story related without the word spoilers in the title. You will be warned or get you account suspended.

Yet you can post anything you want about gameplay without having the word spoilers in the the title.

Simply put gameplay details are NOT considered spoilers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Last time I checked GameFAQs wasn't the authority on designating the official definitions of English words.

The only reason GameFAQs does this is because gameplay features are in general not considered spoilers, whereas plot elements are. However, it is in the end up to the individual what kind of information they consider to be a spoiler and what not.

ShaneO7K
11-01-2011, 12:27 PM

Simply put gameplay details are NOT considered spoilers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you are relying on GameFAQS forum rules for the definition? Really?... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

EDIT: Basically what LightRey said.

MostJadedGamer
11-01-2011, 12:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The only reason GameFAQs does this is because gameplay features are in general not considered spoilers, whereas plot elements are </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are excately right about that. I am glad to see we agree.

LightRey
11-01-2011, 12:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The only reason GameFAQs does this is because gameplay features are in general not considered spoilers, whereas plot elements are </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are excately right about that. I am glad to see we agree. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
In the end, that means the OP was not at fault as he considered such elements spoilers.

Serrachio
11-01-2011, 12:41 PM

You are excately right about that. I am glad to see we agree. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm pretty sure LightRey isn't agreeing with you. Though he is saying that they aren't considered spoilers most commonly, the fact that they can spoil things for someone else means that they technically can be called that.

Read all of a person's reply before you post next time.

Assassinsyk
11-01-2011, 02:11 PM
Now, now. Calm down. I appologize for my wrongful use of the term, and from now on I will put it in quotation marks to avoid confusion.

Now, there's perfectly do-able to avoid burning all of the gun powder pre-release, and even make it a weapon by curiosity. Look at Arkham City wit tons of TEASE, no real info and record breaking pre-orders. I don't blame UBI for "spoiling" some beans to get attention, but think it sucks IF they "spoil" them all. This is my opinion and you're welcome to disagree, but all I really care about is if you think there's stuff we haven't seen yet.

Keighvin
11-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Actually, I recall quite a bit of gameplay being known before the Arkham City came out. We knew about Riddler rooms, the flight mechanics, that most gadgets would return, they talked about playing as Catwoman and that combat would allow the use of more gadgets. The only thing they really held back was plot.

LightRey
11-01-2011, 03:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keighvin:
Actually, I recall quite a bit of gameplay being known before the Arkham City came out. We knew about Riddler rooms, the flight mechanics, that most gadgets would return, they talked about playing as Catwoman and that combat would allow the use of more gadgets. The only thing they really held back was plot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think that goes for most games. Most often developers want to show off the gameplay to lure in customers while trying to avoid spoiling the story.

Assassinsyk
11-01-2011, 04:55 PM
All I remember (from the facebook updates)was cryptic quotes from Harley Quinn, and even one update that only said "spoiler alert", without any content. Most of the known facts were them assuring the fans that they had listened and improved (i.e: tougher bad guys etc), without showing full detail. They had to let the Joker and Catwoman out if the bag once it's exclusive DLC, likewise with Vlad-mission in ACB. It might have been some other leaked info, but I didn't get them shoved down my throat like with AC. Yeah, I could unlike the page or refuse to click a link which shows massive, detailed gameplay, but I'm only human.