PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Air War's Dynamic Campaign

mizuno6
11-01-2004, 09:19 AM
I saw on another thread here somewhere mentioned Microproses Pacific Air War.
Anyone remember the dynamic campaign style they had going with that sim??
you started on a map with your Cv group, set courses of your carrier group , send out scout planes to find the enemy, and when you did you had the option of fighting out the action (ie. bombing, combat air patrol etc). you fought it all out until the end until you'd been destroyed or destroyed the enemy...
It had a few shortcomings, but in all thats what i reckon a campaign should be about!

is this something that could be in time intergrated into PF, via third party or something?

mizuno6
11-01-2004, 09:19 AM
I saw on another thread here somewhere mentioned Microproses Pacific Air War.
Anyone remember the dynamic campaign style they had going with that sim??
you started on a map with your Cv group, set courses of your carrier group , send out scout planes to find the enemy, and when you did you had the option of fighting out the action (ie. bombing, combat air patrol etc). you fought it all out until the end until you'd been destroyed or destroyed the enemy...
It had a few shortcomings, but in all thats what i reckon a campaign should be about!

is this something that could be in time intergrated into PF, via third party or something?

aminx
11-01-2004, 09:52 AM
the problem is in PF the reckon dont communicate
there was a thread about this subject a while back i wonder if the independants can get over this since it is the correct way to play the pacific war together with flyable torp bombers.
aminx

pauluss1967
11-01-2004, 02:03 PM
hi mizuno6!
i started this thread about pacific air war campaign http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif