PDA

View Full Version : no flyable plane ?

jpcorba
06-24-2008, 02:07 AM
Hello,

i know, oleg team have much work to do, and many people ask, just a wisch dream.

if possible to see, i hope in the future IL2 patch, some AI no flyable in flyable mode, like the fabulous B17,B29 (usa) (i don t undestand why), the Morane MS 406-410, l'avenger mk III with torpedo, the N5B2 (japan) with torpedo, it need just cockpit, and document must be alote.

The first part of 1939-1940 WWII (bof), look totaly omitted in IL2, it is was a important part of WWII, between england,france,italy and germany. It is in BOB ?

Remark, for generator mission,we very are limited on map selection and training, i cannot select my one.

Regards

jpcorba
06-24-2008, 02:07 AM
Hello,

i know, oleg team have much work to do, and many people ask, just a wisch dream.

if possible to see, i hope in the future IL2 patch, some AI no flyable in flyable mode, like the fabulous B17,B29 (usa) (i don t undestand why), the Morane MS 406-410, l'avenger mk III with torpedo, the N5B2 (japan) with torpedo, it need just cockpit, and document must be alote.

The first part of 1939-1940 WWII (bof), look totaly omitted in IL2, it is was a important part of WWII, between england,france,italy and germany. It is in BOB ?

Remark, for generator mission,we very are limited on map selection and training, i cannot select my one.

Regards

Capt.LoneRanger
06-24-2008, 02:18 AM
You are about 2 years too late.

Work on IL2 stopped over a year ago. The coming patch 4.09 is the last and it contains 3rd-Party-Stuff only.

On a sidenote: The IL2-engine is 9 years old. It was planned to simulate the air-combat over Russia. There were only a few heavy bombers used on that front and air-combat usually happened at low altitudes. According to that, it's very difficult to model even 2-engined planes like the P-38 or the Bf110 in a way that they feel realistic, not even daring to speak of 4-engined planes and not at the altitudes they usually flew at.

The AI-planes use a very much simplified flight-model. It's not at all just giving it a cockpit and there you go. Stalling, damage-modeling, engine-management, etc. have to be included, too.

When Storm of War, the sequel to the IL2-engine is released, you will be able to add planes yourself. I'm convinced, that the planes you mentioned will be modeled quickly, as you are not the only one wishing these planes were flyable.

jpcorba
06-24-2008, 02:40 AM
Hello Capt.LoneRanger

Thanks for your answer, i undestand much better the limitation

Do you know a release date for BOB ?

Regards

Capt.LoneRanger
06-24-2008, 03:40 AM
No. Nobody knows when BoB is release - I doubt even Oleg himself knows exactly. I hope for somewhere around christmas, which means either at the end of this year or early 2009.

In a few weeks the E3 will start in Los Angeles. I hope that we will see some glimpse of BoB there or at least get an official statement from UBISOFT.

At the moment it appears UBISOFT put a hold on ALL informations released, probably because there are other simulations currently being worked on, that are a direct competition to BoB.

Ba5tard5word
06-24-2008, 02:17 PM
I have seen some mentions here and there that a lot of planes could not be made flyable due to licensing issues...like if the plane's manufacturer (if still around) didn't give the Il-2 team the legal right to include it in the game--though I'm not sure how many planes are left out of Il-2 because of this issue and how many were left out because they didn't have the time or resources to model them for flyability......

jpcorba
06-25-2008, 02:06 AM
Hello,

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif It is possible for plane manufacturer like Boeing to say no to people build aircraft in video game ?

Many history information are already avalable anyware, book, video, international meeting,
personal photos.

For my mind, simulation, so good it is, cannot be same as original plane, without real cockpit,
i don t think it is so powerful.

Regards

BWaltteri
06-25-2008, 04:29 AM
BoB was omitted in Il-2 only for good.

Since the beginning of simulators there was never the Russian front modelled until Oleg.

We have had Spitfire Ace, Hellcat Ace, Spitfire '40, Dambusters, Ace of Aces, Reach For The Skies, Lucasfilm Bob, SWOTL, Combat Flight Simulator - always just Spitfires and Mustangs but never any Russians.

In Chuck Yeager's Aircombat you could Fly MiG-15 and MiG-21's so that was some kind of improvement.

And without Oleg there had never been Finnish Campaigns - NEVER! The closest attempt had been 'Fly a Finnish Hurricane against Soviet Bombers (Do-217's skinned to look like Pe-2's) on England map'.

Capt.LoneRanger
06-25-2008, 06:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jpcorba:
Hello,

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif It is possible for plane manufacturer like Boeing to say no to people build aircraft in video game ?

Many history information are already avalable anyware, book, video, international meeting,
personal photos.

For my mind, simulation, so good it is, cannot be same as original plane, without real cockpit,

Regards </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think we all agree, that this is really difficult to understand for most of us.

AFAIK the problem is not flyability, though, but including them into the game at all. The logic behind this states, that these aircraft were designed by the companies and therefore are not allowed to be "digitally copied" in any way.

Nonsense, honestly. If at all, the simulation can show what great efforts were achieved at that time and what giant steps technology made from WW1 to WW2.

Low_Flyer_MkIX
06-25-2008, 07:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BWaltteri:
BoB was omitted in Il-2 only for good.

Since the beginning of simulators there was never the Russian front modelled until Oleg.

We have had Spitfire Ace, Hellcat Ace, Spitfire '40, Dambusters, Ace of Aces, Reach For The Skies, Lucasfilm Bob, SWOTL, Combat Flight Simulator - always just Spitfires and Mustangs but never any Russians.

In Chuck Yeager's Aircombat you could Fly MiG-15 and MiG-21's so that was some kind of improvement.

And without Oleg there had never been Finnish Campaigns - NEVER! The closest attempt had been 'Fly a Finnish Hurricane against Soviet Bombers (Do-217's skinned to look like Pe-2's) on England map'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Luftwaffe Commander had the Russian front... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luftwaffe_Commander

BWaltteri
06-26-2008, 02:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Low_Flyer_MkIX:

Luftwaffe Commander had the Russian front... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luftwaffe_Commander </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, that was quite late too.

Tully__
06-26-2008, 12:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Capt.LoneRanger:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jpcorba:
Hello,

personal photos.

Regards </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think we all agree, that this is really difficult to understand for most of us.

AFAIK the problem is not flyability, though, but including them into the game at all. The logic behind this states, that these aircraft were designed by the companies and therefore are not allowed to be "digitally copied" in any way.

Nonsense, honestly. If at all, the simulation can show what great efforts were achieved at that time and what giant steps technology made from WW1 to WW2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ubisoft Management have directed us not to allow speculation about this issue in the forums. Consequently I ask that you leave this where it is and comment no further on it.