PDA

View Full Version : Sim Ki43 Determination......



LStarosta
09-17-2006, 03:32 PM
I don't know what all of you are talking about when you complain about the weak DM of Japanese aircrafts. The Ki43 specifically is a tank. I took three MK103 hits in the empennage and I turned around and chased down a Do-335 and blew it up with my MGs.

The turn rate is average, but I can more than keep up with P47's in a sustained turn. Same with Fw-190's, though Me-109 K4's give me a bit of trouble sometimes.

And the Ki43 is blistering fast. I was able to outrun a pair of Corsairs after I ran out of ammunition and couldn't fight.

This plane is amazing.

All you n00bs that complain about the DM and the FM of the Ki43 ought to learn to fly and shoot.

LStarosta
09-17-2006, 03:32 PM
I don't know what all of you are talking about when you complain about the weak DM of Japanese aircrafts. The Ki43 specifically is a tank. I took three MK103 hits in the empennage and I turned around and chased down a Do-335 and blew it up with my MGs.

The turn rate is average, but I can more than keep up with P47's in a sustained turn. Same with Fw-190's, though Me-109 K4's give me a bit of trouble sometimes.

And the Ki43 is blistering fast. I was able to outrun a pair of Corsairs after I ran out of ammunition and couldn't fight.

This plane is amazing.

All you n00bs that complain about the DM and the FM of the Ki43 ought to learn to fly and shoot.

RCAF_Irish_403
09-17-2006, 03:56 PM
Luke, you're evil http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

MEGILE
09-17-2006, 04:21 PM
Thoughtful, clear, concise... and I love the supporting evidence.
It's like Deja Vu of Bill's post.

Airmail109
09-17-2006, 04:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RCAF_Irish_403:
Luke, you're evil http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no, his dad was evil though.

RCAF_Irish_403
09-17-2006, 05:53 PM
don't forget the Ki 43's awesome gunsight....best in sim. i wish every plane had that sight

LStarosta
09-17-2006, 05:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RCAF_Irish_403:
don't forget the Ki 43's awesome gunsight....best in sim. i wish every plane had that sight </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It helps me see the faces of anguish of the enemy as I slaughter him with my overwhelming firepower.

RCAF_Irish_403
09-17-2006, 06:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LStarosta:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RCAF_Irish_403:
don't forget the Ki 43's awesome gunsight....best in sim. i wish every plane had that sight </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It helps me see the faces of anguish of the enemy as I slaughter him with my overwhelming firepower. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yea, but thats all you see http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

ElAurens
09-17-2006, 06:13 PM
The Haybusa is a very good aircraft actually, and I love the telescope. It makes exploiting the absolutely bogus Allison/Merlin 1 shot engine stop soooo easy. Very good for pilot kills too.

LEBillfish
09-17-2006, 06:34 PM
Without a doubt.....the Ki-43-Ia is the uber plane of the sim.....So how is this surprising news?

p.s.....I routinely kill P51's with the Ki-43, naturally though, as I am amazing http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

p.s.s.....Does LStarosta even fly the sim?

RCAF_Irish_403
09-17-2006, 06:44 PM
(sarcasm off) Ki43 is great at acrobatics. Everything else seems to be in the negative column tho (weapons/survivability after damage/top speed)....how about this, fun but scary

leitmotiv
09-17-2006, 09:29 PM
The Ki-43-Ic is one of my favorites but I am not able to overcome that blasted telescopic sight, which is odd because I can do OK in air-to-air with the D3A1's tele sight. I am looking forward to the Ki-43-II which has a reflector sight. Banzai!

RCAF_Irish_403
09-18-2006, 06:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by leitmotiv:
The Ki-43-Ic is one of my favorites but I am not able to overcome that blasted telescopic sight, which is odd because I can do OK in air-to-air with the D3A1's tele sight. I am looking forward to the Ki-43-II which has a reflector sight. Banzai! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes...the sight ruins it for me as well

LEBillfish
09-18-2006, 09:20 AM
The scope RAWKS!.....Here is a tip when in combat......Go to zoomed in view (think it's 35% FOW) and you'll notice it is the EXACT same view as looking through the scope EXCEPT that outside the scope is not blacked out.....Then use shift+F1 to really focus in on.

As for myself in the Ki-43 I always fly in the widest FOW and then use the scope once in a fight back and forth.......The think oddly does make you a sniper as you can select exact area's to hit and do so.........

Also, knock your convergence down.....That IMLTHO is the problem with most and any plane here aiming out to 300+ meters.....Mine routinely between 150-175m.


(must zuck when a troll goes good huh? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif)

JG53Frankyboy
09-18-2006, 09:36 AM
unfortunatly the Ki-43-I shoots a little bit right of the aiming point when you are not in the telescopic view.

at least thats my observation.

leitmotiv
09-18-2006, 10:29 AM
I already use that formula, Billfish---it's me---I have a hard time tracking when I have to jump from wide angle to tight focus. When I used the telescope on the OFF SE5A, I had no trouble because of 6 DOF and not having to jump from view to view (I have all slaved to my hat switch on my stick). I know, Galland preferred a telescopic sight to a reflector, but I need the peripheral view to avoid losing my target.

Until I get my Ki-43-II I'm going to have to just be a Raiden and Hien kinda guy.

LStarosta
09-18-2006, 11:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LEBillfish:
The scope RAWKS!.....Here is a tip when in combat......Go to zoomed in view (think it's 35% FOW) and you'll notice it is the EXACT same view as looking through the scope EXCEPT that outside the scope is not blacked out.....Then use shift+F1 to really focus in on.

As for myself in the Ki-43 I always fly in the widest FOW and then use the scope once in a fight back and forth.......The think oddly does make you a sniper as you can select exact area's to hit and do so.........

Also, knock your convergence down.....That IMLTHO is the problem with most and any plane here aiming out to 300+ meters.....Mine routinely between 150-175m.


(must zuck when a troll goes good huh? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I enjoy making fun of your posts.

Haigotron
09-18-2006, 12:07 PM
ki84 is sexier

leitmotiv
09-18-2006, 10:05 PM
Ki-43 is a ballerina---Ki-84 is a ballerina on weight training and steroids.

LEBillfish
09-19-2006, 12:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LEBillfish:
p.s.s.....Does LStarosta even fly the sim? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Inquiring minds want to know......... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif