PDA

View Full Version : what language will altair speak?

chicko1983
06-06-2007, 03:24 AM
i heard a rumour that altair is going to speak arabic in the game and there will be english subtitles when he speaks. this is because the game developers wanted to to keep the game authentic. i dunno if its true or not but i reckon it would be a good idea. what has anyone else heard or think about it?

chicko1983
06-06-2007, 03:24 AM
i heard a rumour that altair is going to speak arabic in the game and there will be english subtitles when he speaks. this is because the game developers wanted to to keep the game authentic. i dunno if its true or not but i reckon it would be a good idea. what has anyone else heard or think about it?

kew414
06-06-2007, 04:11 AM
What? I heard he speaks in Chinese with Japanese subtitles http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

I think I read some people in the crowd speak different languages and Altiar can translate them to English http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Thumper1980
06-06-2007, 04:19 AM
I'd prefer it to be in English.

It'd be lame to miss a vital piece of info because the Arabic would be mistranslated.

chicko1983
06-06-2007, 04:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Posted Wed June 06 2007 03:11 Hide Post
What? I heard he speaks in Chinese with Japanese subtitles Hammer

I think I read some people in the crowd speak different languages and Altiar can translate them to English Smile </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The game shadow of the colossus was in a completely different language with subtitles so it isnt totally unbelievable that Altair speaks arabic (Altair is half muslim and half christian but lives in the Holy Land so of course he wouldve spoken arabic if he existed). There wouldnt be any chance of missing something important cause the translation would be done by the developers. And think about the old school games where you had to read everything anyway. There would still be english used in the game cause some of the people will be from King Edward's crusades.

knife_X
06-06-2007, 04:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Thumper1980:
I'd prefer it to be in English.

It'd be lame to miss a vital piece of info because the Arabic would be mistranslated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why it`s silly that old civliazations like this talk arabic and then you want Altair to speak English in some magical way... the crusaders some of them spoke english I guess but Altair NO keep it arabic and use texts dont be a ******! I guess Altair could learn it... but still he wouldent be talking it alot the crusaders are invaders! I like the idea of the crowd speaking arabic and when you press the "concentrate" butten or whatever it`s english! Keeps it real just looses alot of immersion when the people speak english these ways!

XxKillabytexX
06-06-2007, 04:54 AM
The Alians in Halo speak English. Why not Altair?

knife_X
06-06-2007, 04:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by XxKillabytexX:
The Alians in Halo speak English. Why not Altair? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now you are comparing apples and garlic and oranges and whatnot! Dont try to be funny your not!

XxKillabytexX
06-06-2007, 05:02 AM
Im not trying to be funny. Im saying that game producers usually make the characters speak English so the players can concentrate on whats happening in the scene rather than focusing on the subtitles. It also makes it more interesting and brings you into the action more.

Anubis14_360
06-06-2007, 05:09 AM
A good assassin should be able to speak more the one language, what's the point if your ears droping and they speak German and all you know is English.
If you are a assassin you should be ready for everything

knife_X
06-06-2007, 05:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Anubis14_360:
A good assassin should be able to speak more the one language, what's the point if your ears droping and they speak German and all you know is English.
If you are a assassin you should be ready for everything </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly, but when hes speaking to a another Arabic person they shouldent sit down and converse in freaking english!

chicko1983
06-06-2007, 05:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Picture of XxKillabytexX

Posted Wed June 06 2007 04:02 Hide Post
Im not trying to be funny. Im saying that game producers usually make the characters speak English so the players can concentrate on whats happening in the scene rather than focusing on the subtitles. It also makes it more interesting and brings you into the action more. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah i agree its better without subtitles but some of the best game stories where done with subtitles e.g. final fantasy VII.
you still get the jist of the scenes with/without subtitles and in my opinion it doesnt affect the overall way you appreciate the game. getting the gameplay right is more important for the developers

marinius
06-06-2007, 05:26 AM
I sincerely hope we're at least given the option of spoken English in AC. Sure, it's far less realistic, but striving to make a game completely realistic is a useless effort. Were a game to become as realistic as possible, there probably wouldn't be much enjoyment in the playing of it.

knife_X
06-06-2007, 05:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by marinius:
I sincerely hope we're at least given the option of spoken English in AC. Sure, it's far less realistic, but striving to make a game completely realistic is a useless effort. Were a game to become as realistic as possible, there probably wouldn't be much enjoyment in the playing of it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dosent have mutch to do with realism it just sounds freaking silly when they use a guy with a middle east/english accent. Makes you wanna murder the guy!

Thumper1980
06-06-2007, 05:35 AM
But it's put into a sort of context.
Like if you've played Metal Gear Solid 3.

When Snake talks to Sokolov, he is complimented on his Russian when in fact he is speaking English but in the nature of the game, and for our benefit as gamers they speak English.

Like James Bond as well, everyone he meets in different countries speaks English what are the chances, and those films are some of the greatest ever.

I assure you, it'll be like watching an international film, it'll get boring because you have to read the subtitles. And on the subject of realism, how realistic would it be to have Altair speaking arabic and you've got subtitles at the bottom anyway?

Real sure, but like someone said. It's a game.

knife_X
06-06-2007, 05:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Thumper1980:
But it's put into a sort of context.
Like if you've played Metal Gear Solid 3.

When Snake talks to Sokolov, he is complimented on his Russian when in fact he is speaking English but in the nature of the game, and for our benefit as gamers they speak English.

Like James Bond as well, everyone he meets in different countries speaks English what are the chances, and those films are some of the greatest ever.

I assure you, it'll be like watching an international film, it'll get boring because you have to read the subtitles. And on the subject of realism, how realistic would it be to have Altair speaking arabic and you've got subtitles at the bottom anyway?

Real sure, but like someone said. It's a game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The reason why James Bond was in english... hmmm no lets think! Because some americans are to stupid/and or lazy to read a subtitle. only a special kind of a person do not have the ability to read and notise what happens around him surely I am amazed if you are able to put your socks on cause you have to do more then one thing! jeezaloo!

XxKillabytexX
06-06-2007, 05:53 AM
Its simple...
You have amearican producers and actors so therefore everyone speaks English. Also a majority of the aduience speaks English so the movie and or game will aim it at the biggest possible market that can get them the most money.

Look at it that way. Japaniese games and movies speak Japaniese, German movies and games speak German soo... Amearican movies and games speak Amearican. It basically comes down to what market can get the company the most money. No matter how realistic it is.

Thumper1980
06-06-2007, 05:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by knife_X:
The reason why James Bond was in english... hmmm no lets think! Because some americans are to stupid/and or lazy to read a subtitle. only a special kind of a person do not have the ability to read and notise what happens around him surely I am amazed if you are able to put your socks on cause you have to do more then one thing! jeezaloo! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny you should say that.
Ian Flemming wasn't American and nor am I he was English.

So, explain the logic behind,Ubisoft Montreal a Canadian company remembering that the two main languages of Canada are French and English make a game in Arabic. Was Prince of Persia in Persian? Was Sam Fisher multilingual? I think not.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by XxKillabytexX:
Its simple...
You have amearican producers and actors so therefore everyone speaks English. Also a majority of the aduience speaks English so the movie and or game will aim it at the biggest possible market that can get them the most money.

Look at it that way. Japaniese games and movies speak Japaniese, German movies and games speak German soo... Amearican movies and games speak Amearican. It basically comes down to what market can get the company the most money. No matter how realistic it is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
As Rowan just reaffirmed.

So of course your entitled to your opinion about a video game protagonist's native tongue, but leave your arrogant attitude at the front door.

marinius
06-06-2007, 05:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by knife_X:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by marinius:
I sincerely hope we're at least given the option of spoken English in AC. Sure, it's far less realistic, but striving to make a game completely realistic is a useless effort. Were a game to become as realistic as possible, there probably wouldn't be much enjoyment in the playing of it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dosent have mutch to do with realism it just sounds freaking silly when they use a guy with a middle east/english accent. Makes you wanna murder the guy! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, it kinda does have a little something to do with realism, as it is highly unlikely Altair would've been walking aroung speaking English. For me though, I think the whole immersion in the game is very important, that'll be harder to achive if Altair speaks a language I don't understand a word of.

chicko1983
06-06-2007, 06:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">XxKillabytexX
Picture of XxKillabytexX

Posted Wed June 06 2007 04:53 Hide Post
Its simple...

Look at it that way. Japaniese games and movies speak Japaniese, German movies and games speak German soo... Amearican movies and games speak Amearican. It basically comes down to what market can get the company the most money. No matter how realistic it is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are wrong on so many levels with that statement. The game is made by Ubisoft Montreal. Montreal is not in America it is in Canada. The official language of Montreal, as it is in Quebec, is French and not English (or "Amearican" as you call it). The producer, the lovely Jade Raymond, speaks French as her first language and English is her second language(not "Canadian" or "Amearican"). Same goes for the the Director and Creative Director (I forget their names sorry). A majority of the audience may speak English but Id also say that the majority of the audience would be able to read English so it doesnt rule out why they cant have subtitles. My argument is that it doesnt matter whether there are subtitles or not because people will still buy it and enjoy it (unless they cant read) but it would make it more authentic

knife_X
06-06-2007, 06:15 AM
The reason why James Bond was in english... hmmm no lets think! Because some americans are to stupid/and or lazy to read a subtitle. only a special kind of a person do not have the ability to read and notise what happens around him surely I am amazed if you are able to put your socks on cause you have to do more then one thing! jeezaloo! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny you should say that.
Ian Flemming wasn't American and nor am I he was English.

So, explain the logic behind,Ubisoft Montreal a Canadian company remembering that the two main languages of Canada are French and English make a game in Arabic. Was Prince of Persia in Persian? Was Sam Fisher multilingual? I think not.

Its simple...

As Rowan just reaffirmed.

So of course your entitled to your opinion about a video game protagonist's native tongue, but leave your arrogant attitude at the front door. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It`s not arrogance it is fact... the main person speaks the language most people know... but some people who actually know how to read, it ruins immersion a little. I guess for some people reading is kinda hard to do. Unless it`s on a forum where they can diss other people and acting like they are king of the world. The only one making a arrogant statement here is you thumper! I know about Ian Flemming and I can hear the difference between english and American, but dont come here and deny it`s mostly for an american public!

Thumper1980
06-06-2007, 06:22 AM
I never denied anything, and the fact that you recognise that it is for an American public proves my point, why would Altair speak arabic?

As for me dissing you, its you repeatedly trying to insult my intelligence with subtle remarks. Don't make this out to be a personal assault on you, I'm discussing a point, on a discussion forum.

As for the difference between English and American I don't know what point your trying to make.

XxKillabytexX
06-06-2007, 06:25 AM
chicko1983 Ok man...

1) I never said that Ubi was Amearican I said that Amearican movies speak Amearican (or English if you will) also most of the team that are working on AC arn't Amearican or Canadian they come from quite exotic locations.

2) See my last post it explains about the subtitles thing.

knife_X Lay off thumper man, but your not reading my post anyways so...

EDIT: Last post for tonight. Also Chicko it isnt my last post its the post before the post before this (if that makes any sence at all).

Annux912
06-06-2007, 06:26 AM
Keep in mind that it is still just a game.....
And Knife, I hope AC has an option where you get to read english subtitles, but having them speak Arabic would be no different to me than having the characters not speak at all and we just read what the'd be saying.

marinius
06-06-2007, 06:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chicko1983:
Montreal is not in America it is in Canada. The official language of Montreal, as it is in Quebec, is French and not English (or "Amearican" as you call it). The producer, the lovely Jade Raymond, speaks French as her first language and English is her second language(not "Canadian" or "Amearican"). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, technically Montreal is just as much America as say, Des Moines....but I get your point buddy.

Are you sure French is ms Raymond's first language? I know she's fluent in French, but it seems to me she's either grown up bilingual, or else English is her first language. I'm only guessing from what I've heard of course. She's got a pronounced Canadian-English accent typical of Canadians who have English as their first language. I've heard people from Quebec with French as first language speak English, they sound nothing like Jade Raymond. Hmmm, just curious.

chicko1983
06-06-2007, 06:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Picture of Thumper1980

Posted Wed June 06 2007 05:22 Hide Post
I never denied anything, and the fact that you recognise that it is for an American public proves my point, why would Altair speak arabic? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Altair would speak arabic because he is arabic. One of his parents is muslim and the other is christian but he is arabic and was born in the Holy Lands, according to a Jade Raymond interview.

This discussion started because of the fact that if the developers were really paying so much attention to detail as they say they are then Altair should speak. It wouldnt ruin the game in my opinion because subtitles would suffice, as it has in thousands of other games in the past

Thumper1980
06-06-2007, 06:36 AM
Each to his own.

chicko1983
06-06-2007, 06:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Are you sure French is ms Raymond's first language? I know she's fluent in French, but it seems to me she's either grown up bilingual, or else English is her first language </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah mate, Im pretty sure. She studied and worked a lot in America before going back to Canada, that may have affected her accent.

XxKillabytexX you said the producers were American, which they arent.

Im not trying to have a discussion about what is the proper way to speak, this discussion was over a rumour I heard that Altair does speak arabic and there are subtitles. It seems that if that rumour is true then there will be a lot of upset people, which I think would be a shame because a little culture wouldnt hurt anyone...

Thumper1980
06-06-2007, 06:53 AM
It's not a culture thing at all.

It's just english is my first and only language, like someone said before it being in arabic would be like watching a silent film with subtitles because we wouldn't understand a word of it.

chicko1983
06-06-2007, 07:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Picture of Thumper1980

Posted Wed June 06 2007 05:53 Hide Post

It's just english is my first and only language, like someone said before it being in arabic would be like watching a silent film with subtitles because we wouldn't understand a word of it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can see your point and understand that a lot of people can only speak English, myself included, but there is nothing wrong or detrimental to the game if they used subtitles. There was a time, not very long ago, when video games didnt have voice and everything was written yet it didnt affect the players enjoyment of the game. Would you, Thumper1980 , still buy the game if Altair spoke arabic and you had to read subtitles?

marinius
06-06-2007, 07:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chicko1983:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Are you sure French is ms Raymond's first language? I know she's fluent in French, but it seems to me she's either grown up bilingual, or else English is her first language </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah mate, Im pretty sure. She studied and worked a lot in America before going back to Canada, that may have affected her accent.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While it's entirely possible for intelligent people with a good ear for language to learn to speak a second language almost as a native speaker, what you mentioned above still wouldn't account for Jade's typically Canadian-English accent. For instance, she has the "oo"-sound in words like "about" (This Canadian vowel is still a diphtong though, just a more narrow one than is used in general American English). Perfecting her English in The US wouldn't have given her those typically Canadian traits.

Oh well, this is completely off any topic, and really not important at all. I'm just interested in languages and different accents and dialects. If you all dozed off, please don't flame me for it... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Dawnfang
06-06-2007, 07:27 AM
Listen how she prounounces the word 'genre' in the Dutch interview I posted on this site...

Very french!

Thumper1980
06-06-2007, 07:27 AM

Posted Wed June 06 2007 05:53 Hide Post

It's just english is my first and only language, like someone said before it being in arabic would be like watching a silent film with subtitles because we wouldn't understand a word of it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can see your point and understand that a lot of people can only speak English, myself included, but there is nothing wrong or detrimental to the game if they used subtitles. There was a time, not very long ago, when video games didnt have voice and everything was written yet it didnt affect the players enjoyment of the game. Would you, Thumper1980 , still buy the game if Altair spoke arabic and you had to read subtitles? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course, without a doubt.
I just wouldn't reap the full potential of the story due to the language barrier.

marinius
06-06-2007, 07:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dawnfang:
Listen how she prounounces the word 'genre' in the Dutch interview I posted on this site...

Very french! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I noticed that myself. But being fluent in French it might not be all that strange for her to pronounce a word of French origin in French.

chicko1983
06-06-2007, 07:35 AM
Sorry marinius but Im Australian so my accent and my ear for accents is not that great, hehe. I was just putting it out there as a suggestion. I heard Jade say once on an interview waaay back something along the lines of her not always getting her English grammar correct, which made me think that it wasnt her 1st language and considering that something like 85% of Montreal speak French as their 1st language and she is a native of Montreal she would speak French.
(Out of curiosity, wouldnt a French Canadian speak French with a slightly Canadian accent anyway?)

Maybe I should start ANOTHER thread about Jade, this time to see if anyone can get the official word from her....

Thumper1980
06-06-2007, 07:37 AM
I wouldn't concern yourself mate.
I'm from Aus too and i just thought she sounded Canadian.
You could try the thread for the sake of argument but i wouldn't waste your time.
It serves no other real purpose.

marinius
06-06-2007, 07:41 AM
Sorry marinius but Im Australian so my accent and my ear for accents is not that great, hehe. I was just putting it out there as a suggestion. I heard Jade say once on an interview waaay back something along the lines of her not always getting her English grammar correct, which made me think that it wasnt her 1st language and considering that something like 85% of Montreal speak French as their 1st language and she is a native of Montreal she would speak French.
(Out of curiosity, wouldnt a French Canadian speak French with a slightly Canadian accent anyway?)

Maybe I should start ANOTHER thread about Jade, this time to see if anyone can get the official word from her.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehe, no need to be sorry mate! I'm Norwegian myself....I have studied English for many years at University though, one semester the emphasis was on different dialects and sociolects in the English-speaking world (yup - Down Under as well!).

Again: you might be right about her, I don't know. And it would be nice to get official word from her, no doubt about that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Boromir323
06-06-2007, 01:25 PM
Altair is bilingual.

lilnick1357
06-15-2007, 12:14 PM
In something i read it said altair is multilingual.

Beren111
06-15-2007, 12:25 PM
it would make sense if he was bilingual i mean a translatr when you are forcefully interrogating can be a real hassle
(speaking from personal expirience) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

RetiredHatch
06-15-2007, 12:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kew414:
What? I heard he speaks in Chinese with Japanese subtitles http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

I think I read some people in the crowd speak different languages and Altiar can translate them to English http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's impossible to miss anything because the subtitles would always be what the developers want you to hear or read so whether they did it in english or you had to read subtitles you'll always read or hear the exact same thing because it'll always be what the developers want

SmokehtheFirst
06-15-2007, 12:42 PM
^^Doesn't mean he doesn't speak English.

I think to make it easy on us, Altair will speak English to English-speaking people, and Arabic to Arabic-speaking people.

Lhorkan
06-15-2007, 01:59 PM
I'm pretty certain that people around Alta´r will be speaking Arabic to eachother, since I read in an article some time ago that you can use the "head" button for translating.

I think that Alta´r himself will be speaking English (mostly) though, so that everyone can easily follow the story, and can quote his cool lines. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

I'm here to stab necks and jump haycarts, but I'm all outta haycarts.

ThePheonix1030
06-15-2007, 03:27 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin%27s_creed
It says towards the end of "Features" that Altair is voiced by Philip Shahbaz. If you click on his name, it says that he is an American actor, though his last name kind of sounds like an Arabian. Some people don't trust Wikipedia, but his name is also credited at IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0932936/

Maybe the game will be voiced in English...

...and who the hell is Tamir?

Boromir323
06-15-2007, 03:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ThePheonix1030:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin%27s_creed
It says towards the end of "Features" that Altair is voiced by Philip Shahbaz. If you click on his name, it says that he is an American actor, though his last name kind of sounds like an Arabian. Some people don't trust Wikipedia, but his name is also credited at IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0932936/

Maybe the game will be voiced in English...

...and who the hell is Tamir? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im thinking Tamir might be his assassin buddy or something. Like mabye provide helpful hints and stuff like that. It cant be his wife, because its a male actor, its probably not one of his targets, because I would think most of his targets would have last names, being historical figures and all.

ThePheonix1030
06-15-2007, 03:40 PM
So if Tamir really is Altair's sidekick, then where was he in the trailers?

chewie1890
06-15-2007, 05:18 PM
I think Tamir might be Altair's 'fence'. The guy that Altair goes to get the feather and then returns to after the assassination.

Personally I hope it will be in whatever that persons native country is, if he's from an english speaking place he'll speak english, if he's a native of an arabic speaking nation then he'll speak arabic. I'm fine with holding down the head button to translate it.

Altair will probably be able to speak in multiple languages, because if he can translate it, then he should probably be able to speak it.

ThePheonix1030
06-15-2007, 09:02 PM
That's a good thought, chewie1890. Maybe Altair will mainly speak English, then speak other languages when he has to, like if someone els didn't know how to speak English...

AldirTheKnight
06-15-2007, 10:50 PM
nooooo, do it like Oblivion, I have the italian version and they just changed the subtitles and the menus, the voices remain in english.

Alta´r will have to speak arabian with arabs and english or french with the pilgrims, monks, citizens and/or crusaders.

I SAY THIS GAME HAS TO KEEP REAL, IF YOU CAN'T READ THEN TOUGH LUCK!

silentassas_711
06-16-2007, 01:06 AM
dont think this has been mentioned....

But have all you guys forgotten that Kristen Bell is one of the voice actors?! I seriously doubt that this game will be in any other language then English. Yeah so it may not be as realistic as it could be...but at the end of the day its a VIDEO GAME. Not everything is supposed to make sense.

Even Jade said in one of her interviews something like they are aiming for realism but the fact that Altair has "really strong fingers " is a bit far fetched. I mean come on, as if anybody would be able to climb buildings like Altair in real life. But its a game and a medium of entertainment and as such suspension of belief has to take place....

Lhorkan
06-16-2007, 05:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by silentassas_711:
I mean come on, as if anybody would be able to climb buildings like Altair in real life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is actually 100% possible. Watch a couple of parkour vids on youtube or google video. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

moqqy
06-16-2007, 06:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lhorkan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by silentassas_711:
I mean come on, as if anybody would be able to climb buildings like Altair in real life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is actually 100% possible. Watch a couple of parkour vids on youtube or google video. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and the climbing adds the fun factor, so they might go off realism a LITTLE in that case, but the language they speak got nothing to do with stuff like this

ThePheonix1030
06-16-2007, 08:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AldirTheKnight:
nooooo, do it like Oblivion, I have the italian version and they just changed the subtitles and the menus, the voices remain in english.

Alta´r will have to speak arabian with arabs and english or french with the pilgrims, monks, citizens and/or crusaders.

I SAY THIS GAME HAS TO KEEP REAL, IF YOU CAN'T READ THEN TOUGH LUCK! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's what I'm trying to say. I think the game will still be realistic if he spoke french to the french people, arabic with the arabic people, and other languages with other people. It's like what Anubis14_360 said on the first page...a good assassin should be able to speak more than one language. MULTILINGUAL http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Comfy_Numb
06-16-2007, 08:32 AM
My Cousin's neighbour's friend's aunt's daughter's boyfriend who is working for Ubi Montreal told me that Altair will speak Papua New Guinean.

ThePheonix1030
06-16-2007, 09:05 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif For real? You just came out of the blue with a way more different language. I'm sure that's just another language that he can speak...

moqqy
06-16-2007, 11:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ThePheonix1030:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif For real? You just came out of the blue with a way more different language. I'm sure that's just another language that he can speak... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

for real they always speak papua new ******an in jerusalem

ThePheonix1030
06-16-2007, 11:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moqqy:
for real they always speak papua new ******an in jerusalem </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? Man, am I dumb http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gifMy apoligies, Comfy_Numb. I just hope that he'll still be able to speak a little bit of English. I don't have a problem reading subtitles...

moqqy
06-16-2007, 11:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moqqy:
for real they always speak papua new ******an in jerusalem </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? Man, am I dumb http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gifMy apoligies, Comfy_Numb. I just hope that he'll still be able to speak a little bit of English. I don't have a problem reading subtitles... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

ThePheonix1030
06-16-2007, 11:47 AM
moqqy, you are so clever http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

AldirTheKnight
06-16-2007, 04:20 PM
I hope you were being sarcastic...

ThePheonix1030
06-16-2007, 04:25 PM
maybe... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gifOh, and how did you get the Italian version of Oblivion?

AldirTheKnight
06-16-2007, 04:32 PM
well it just so happens that i'm italian, lol

ThePheonix1030
06-16-2007, 04:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AldirTheKnight:
well it just so happens that i'm italian, lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gifOh, my apoligies. It's a great game http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

AldirTheKnight
06-16-2007, 08:21 PM
don't need to apologize, I love being one http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

zgubilici
06-17-2007, 01:17 AM
The off-topic-ness needs to reach an end now please,
Thanks.