PDA

View Full Version : So why are people chasing me again?

IronShirt
11-19-2007, 01:40 PM
I think I missed something. I am on my way to Damascus on horseback and it seems that if I get to close to soldiers or ride too fast all of a sudden I am being chased. I can't really see why a man on horseback going through the countryside would arouse suspicion and yet I get a lot of "It's him!". I think I need a change of clothes.

IronShirt
11-19-2007, 01:40 PM
I think I missed something. I am on my way to Damascus on horseback and it seems that if I get to close to soldiers or ride too fast all of a sudden I am being chased. I can't really see why a man on horseback going through the countryside would arouse suspicion and yet I get a lot of "It's him!". I think I need a change of clothes.

Destrier
11-19-2007, 02:10 PM
First of all its the middle of a war zone, lots of people got attacked and killed by Muslims for being western and by westerners for being muslims etc.

Secondly you are Riding around like a nutter they will try to get you because you look suspicious.

Thirdly you are known, so if you get too close and dont blend and try to look penetant when you pass then they may still attack you.

Once you figure out the mechanics its great!

chishandfips
11-19-2007, 03:03 PM
Fourthly, I've never seen Altair change his clothes, so maybe they won't to kill you to stop you poisoning everyone's air (new assassination method, anyone?) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Sidney1932
11-19-2007, 05:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IronShirt:
I think I missed something. I am on my way to Damascus on horseback and it seems that if I get to close to soldiers or ride too fast all of a sudden I am being chased. I can't really see why a man on horseback going through the countryside would arouse suspicion and yet I get a lot of "It's him!". I think I need a change of clothes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The lame logic is that riding on horseback makes you a target which is asinine since that's how one travels at the time. Galloping, sure that draws attention, but just normally riding without the Blend button mashed should not be a actionable offense.

IronShirt
11-19-2007, 05:03 PM
I think it's because

a) No one else seems to ride horseback

b) The only other people who are armed soldiers or guards (which you are neither).

Interesting that you can't just ride a horse from Damascus to Jerusalem without guards and soldiers going all crazy.

Side note about the change of clothes. I think that should have been de riguer for assassins. I mean one second they are chasing you, you hide in some hay, 2 minutes later you can walk right passed the same guards and they don't recognize you cause you are walking slow and appear to be praying? How many other guys in hooded white cloaks with swords sticking out all over are around? Woudl have made more sense if you had at least one change of clothes.

Destrier
11-21-2007, 03:35 PM
Ignore the fact you have swords and daggers sticking out, its a visual cue to make your character recognisable. Yes it would be better if he changed but ubi went for the simpsons style allways in the same clothes.

As for riding from town to town i can do it. Imagine you are at war in your home town and they have checkpoints for your car. Would you go screeching through it and carry on? No you would be arrested or shot. Same in the game.

When galloping dont ride near people, it offends normal people since you nearly kill them, it threatens soldiers. When you get to checkpoints, ride through casually and you will be ok. Galloping through of course gets you chased!!

Gavrael2007
11-21-2007, 03:41 PM
Eh, when I didn't see any guards I just blasted through the 'crowd'. It's fun to knock 'em over. Then I thought, "Hell, I'll just outrun these guards." I saw three of 'em standing there in a row along the road and laughed...that is until they chopped my horses legs out from under me!

That was awesome. I went flying and the horse went flying. But yeah, if someone was on a horse and came right up to you and, I'd yell at ya. Keep doing it and I'll draw my sword. The Kingdom guards are the smartest AI in the game. Have fun man!

Warrior-Within2
11-21-2007, 04:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IronShirt:
I think it's because

a) No one else seems to ride horseback

b) The only other people who are armed soldiers or guards (which you are neither).

Interesting that you can't just ride a horse from Damascus to Jerusalem without guards and soldiers going all crazy.

Side note about the change of clothes. I think that should have been de riguer for assassins. I mean one second they are chasing you, you hide in some hay, 2 minutes later you can walk right passed the same guards and they don't recognize you cause you are walking slow and appear to be praying? How many other guys in hooded white cloaks with swords sticking out all over are around? Woudl have made more sense if you had at least one change of clothes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ask your self how fun would the game be if every person who chased you remembered you? That would mean that I could never walk around in Damascus because I have started so many chases just for fun.

Boudro
11-21-2007, 05:27 PM
who cares about the people??? use your horse, its a weopon... hit a guard when hes looking over a cliff... he cant chase you if youve already killed him....

i personally take the time to get of the horse, pull out my sword, and start the massacre http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif