PDA

View Full Version : Scrape off keycode

idedrive
08-06-2011, 03:20 AM
So, this post is basically me letting some steam off... If you are in a good mood and don't want that ruined, stop reading now.

I saw a few other posts here about this problem, but if *anyone* cares about statistics, I thought I would add that I have the same problem.

Cheap scrape-off paint together with a "temp" ban after trying a few ways.

While I wait for Ubisoft responding to my support request, let me post a few observations. I could be wrong, but who cares:

1) Why the scrape-off paint? There is already plastic wrapped around the DVD box.
2) Why the temp ban after five or so attempts?
2a) Some basic maths and assuming ACB won't sell more than one copy per human on Earth, says there should be more than 2,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 combinations between each right one, on average. That is nowhere near five...
2b) Given I test 1 million codes per second, finding the next one would take on the order of 1 billion years, on average.
2c) ... So where did that number five come from?
3) I bought this game on a Friday, trying to play it on a Saturday. I could easily have spent these last 15 minutes enjoying a nice game, instead of doing maths Ubisoft should already have done, and writing an angry forum post.

Ubisoft, I respect you and your products. Please respect me and my precious weekends.

idedrive
08-06-2011, 03:20 AM
So, this post is basically me letting some steam off... If you are in a good mood and don't want that ruined, stop reading now.

I saw a few other posts here about this problem, but if *anyone* cares about statistics, I thought I would add that I have the same problem.

Cheap scrape-off paint together with a "temp" ban after trying a few ways.

While I wait for Ubisoft responding to my support request, let me post a few observations. I could be wrong, but who cares:

1) Why the scrape-off paint? There is already plastic wrapped around the DVD box.
2) Why the temp ban after five or so attempts?
2a) Some basic maths and assuming ACB won't sell more than one copy per human on Earth, says there should be more than 2,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 combinations between each right one, on average. That is nowhere near five...
2b) Given I test 1 million codes per second, finding the next one would take on the order of 1 billion years, on average.
2c) ... So where did that number five come from?
3) I bought this game on a Friday, trying to play it on a Saturday. I could easily have spent these last 15 minutes enjoying a nice game, instead of doing maths Ubisoft should already have done, and writing an angry forum post.

Ubisoft, I respect you and your products. Please respect me and my precious weekends.

Black_Widow9
08-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forums http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
Standard turn around time for web based support is 24-48 hours during times of high contact (such as after new releases and during the holiday season). However if you ever want a quicker response, the fastest method of support is to call in direct using the contact number listed in your game case or at the support site.
If you are not contacted by that time please update your ticket.
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

idedrive
08-06-2011, 03:51 PM
The "temp" ban seems to be an hour, and apparently I guessed right after a few more attempts.

Great game, once you're able to run it.