PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Il2-FB will not initialize..hexadecimal problem ??

XyZspineZyX
11-12-2003, 07:00 AM
I've been playing IL2-FB enjoyably for months now, all of a sudden when I put disk 2 in the CD-ROM drive and click the exe. icon I get a request to put disk 2 in the drive in which it already is placed..weird ?? I click OK then I get a box with this message:

'The application failed to initialize properly
(Oxc0000142) click OK to terminate the application'

The serial is a hexadecimal looks like a error of some sort. I just installed a new motherboard, video card and hard drive and am wondering if that may be the problem. Any help on this would be very much appreciated. I don't have this problem with any other application, only with FB.

-Michael

System specs:

XP Home
Athlon XP3000
1Gb PC3200 DDR400
Gigabyte Ga7-NNXP motherboard
dual Maxtor 120Gb 7.2K (ATA 133) on RAID config
PowerColor Radeon 9800XT
SB Audigy 2

XyZspineZyX
11-12-2003, 07:00 AM
I've been playing IL2-FB enjoyably for months now, all of a sudden when I put disk 2 in the CD-ROM drive and click the exe. icon I get a request to put disk 2 in the drive in which it already is placed..weird ?? I click OK then I get a box with this message:

'The application failed to initialize properly
(Oxc0000142) click OK to terminate the application'

The serial is a hexadecimal looks like a error of some sort. I just installed a new motherboard, video card and hard drive and am wondering if that may be the problem. Any help on this would be very much appreciated. I don't have this problem with any other application, only with FB.

-Michael

System specs:

XP Home
Athlon XP3000
1Gb PC3200 DDR400
Gigabyte Ga7-NNXP motherboard
dual Maxtor 120Gb 7.2K (ATA 133) on RAID config
PowerColor Radeon 9800XT
SB Audigy 2

XyZspineZyX
11-12-2003, 07:04 AM
I will also note I did a complete uninstall *ouch* and reinstall with the same problem recurring.

XyZspineZyX
11-12-2003, 09:15 AM
I just installed a new system last week and was getting error installing FB. Everything worked except for FB and I couldn't figure it out. Turned out my brand new pc3200 Corsair XMS memory was bad. Both sticks. Returned them for new ones and everything was fine.

You can test your memory with MemTest86. Works great--it runs in DOS from a bootable floppy. You shouldn't get any errors at all if your memory checks out ok.

http://www.memtest86.com/

Worth a shot.