PDA

View Full Version : Favorite aircraft in game.

Katczinsky
08-17-2008, 11:55 PM
What is your favorite aircraft in Il-2? I know what mine is: the beautiful BF-110. I would not be surprised if Daimler-Benz helped to design it. I know it uses their Daimler-Benz engines. I think Rolls-Royce made some British aircraft engines during the war, but I know for sure they are making jet engines now.

Katczinsky
08-17-2008, 11:55 PM
What is your favorite aircraft in Il-2? I know what mine is: the beautiful BF-110. I would not be surprised if Daimler-Benz helped to design it. I know it uses their Daimler-Benz engines. I think Rolls-Royce made some British aircraft engines during the war, but I know for sure they are making jet engines now.

WTE_Galway
08-18-2008, 12:03 AM
Emil
Gladiator
38 Hurri

If I must fly American ... P40

also the B25

Friendly_flyer
08-18-2008, 01:08 AM
Hurri, Beaufighter, Me 110, in that order. In the modded version I prefer the MBR. Ever tried landing on the mountain lakes on the Slovakan map?

dirkpit7
08-18-2008, 02:29 AM
Hurricane Mk.I and Tempest.

Bewolf
08-18-2008, 02:41 AM
1. Fw 190
2. P-38
3. Tempest

And as soon the 410 gets it's real cockpit there are big chances of this one becoming one of my fav rides as well.

tragentsmith
08-18-2008, 02:41 AM
Bf110 is my favorite ride. I just love the combination of excellent firepower and armor. With wingmen it's one of the deadliest.

thedude9555
08-18-2008, 03:07 AM
Mine are:

1. P40 ( all types )
2. Bf109F4
3. Fw190A5
4. IAR81( cause im Romanian and that plane is Romanian and it ownz http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
5. Me262 and Me163

F19_Orheim
08-18-2008, 03:29 AM
hrmm...

J8A
109 E's and F's
Macci (all types)
Zero
Wildcat
He 111

OD_
08-18-2008, 03:30 AM
Sptifire MkVIII CW - it can take on practically any aircraft in this game and hold it's own. Great turning, good speed, fast roll, good guns, perfect handling. Best aircraft by far.

Beaufighter
Tempest
P-51D-5NT - the one without the Gyro gunsight
Gladiator
I-153

Brain32
08-18-2008, 03:39 AM
Lerche, because it's responsible for a lot of fun on theese forums http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

gorkyporky
08-18-2008, 03:56 AM
Seafire. Dont ask me why, but i love it to death. After that, Hurricane Mk.I, probably because im doing a campagin with and i have really warmed up to it.

Bremspropeller
08-18-2008, 05:17 AM
Fw 190

CUJO_1970
08-18-2008, 05:33 AM
FW190 to infinity.

Also enjoy flying,

109F
B-239
Gladiator
Bf110
P-51B

na85
08-18-2008, 05:55 AM
Yak. Yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak

yak

jdigris001
08-18-2008, 07:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OD_:
Sptifire MkVIII CW - it can take on practically any aircraft in this game and hold it's own. Great turning, good speed, fast roll, good guns, perfect handling. Best aircraft by far.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In this spit in this game u can take on just about any other a/c if u have the skills and tactics, u forgot to mention its great (compared to other prop planes in the game) climb rate, only vice (perhaps because im a bad shot lol)is small ammo loadout

but my fav is p38 late, great weapons choice, can do a-a or a-g, plus if a-a the extra hit factor (and ammo because of my lousy shooting skills lol) with those twin 50 cals on the wings with little flight envelope detriment, hard to stall, just zoom and boom, zoom and boom, zoom and boom! against the jap AI its win win with zoom boom 99 times out of 100 unless u get bounced by an unseen. against the german ai its easy against bf109s, but very hard against fw190s as they dont play the same fight game, but u can zoom and boom once with the fw190s, then get the hell out of there! and two donks=fly home with 1 donk out versus walk home/pow with 1 donk planes

jdigris001
08-18-2008, 07:25 AM
mods might want to merge this with my previous post

Anyone else experience this or is it just me?

I love flying the fw190 in combat, but initially I thought this plane just doesnt do it! it sounds like its a slug, but then u look at the instruments and your hauling ****! But it sounds like your hauling freight in a gooney bird! You whip around chasing a spit and all of a sudden your just on his tail and gaining on him, especially if its a mkV your chasing. The audio effects from the fw190 just sounds so sluggish in the game but all of a sudden your out turning/out climbing chasing down those spits and stangs and when u squeeze that trigger its got some real punch. No wonder ive been shot down by 190s more than any other adversary

ImMoreBetter
08-18-2008, 07:34 AM
Bf-109E
P-51
Anything with more than one engine
Ki-61
Yak-1

mortoma
08-18-2008, 07:40 AM
I don't really have any favorites, I fly them all.
But I have a tendency to go for weaker c-r-a-p planes and put myself in challenging environments a lot. For example I might fly a Yak-9 in last days of the war against Doras, 109Ks and A9s. Now that makes for some excitement! How about flying the Mk. 1 Buffalo against Zeros and Oscars? Very difficult.

F19_Orheim
08-18-2008, 07:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mortoma:
But I have a tendency to go for weaker c-r-a-p planes and put myself in challenging environments a lot. For example I might fly a Yak-9 in last days of the war against Doras, 109Ks and A9s. Now that makes for some excitement! How about flying the Mk. 1 Buffalo against Zeros and Oscars? Very difficult. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A nice philosphy I agree on --

+1

loosecannon19
08-18-2008, 07:58 AM
P-40 All types
F-4U
F-6
P-38

Crash_Moses
08-18-2008, 08:00 AM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y125/Crash_Moses/ErnestSpeaks2.jpg

crucislancer
08-18-2008, 08:15 AM
Spitfire Mk VIII
Tempest
P-47D (late)
Yak-3
Bf109F-4
F4U-1A

Xiolablu3
08-18-2008, 08:25 AM
Fw190A4, Fw190A6, Fw190D9, Bf109F4, Spitfire Vc, SPitfire VIII, SPitfire IX, Tempest, J2m5, La5, Wildcat, Hellcat, Early Zeros, P38 as a fighter bomber, Beaufighter for ground attack, P40 for early fighter-bomber, P47.

Probably many more that I forgot.

discovery_il_2
08-18-2008, 09:06 AM
Fw A-series
LA all tipes
Huricane 38
Pe-2
I-16 ture 24

jarink
08-18-2008, 09:24 AM
For flying, I like the P-38J followed by the FW-190A4, Bf-109E, P-40E and finally the Beaufighter.

Just for looking at, nothing beats a Pulk of B-17s, though!
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

X32Wright
08-18-2008, 11:52 AM
Depends on what I am fighting http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif But here are my favs:

FW-190 A-9 and A6
BF-109 F-4 and G-10
A6M3 and A6M5b
La5FN
P-51C/D
P-63
BF-110
Spit VIII

Hoatee
08-18-2008, 12:50 PM
Awl.

joeap
08-18-2008, 01:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hoatee:
Awl. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

+1

JG52Uther
08-18-2008, 01:09 PM
Me109E4
Spit Mk1
Hurri Mk1
Me110
He111

Janus1980
08-18-2008, 01:49 PM
If there was Dewoitine D-520 , it will be .

My favourite aircraft in IL-2 is the 109 series , all of them , especially the G6 , it might be the poorest in performances , but actually the most interesting to fly IMO along the Emil . The 109F4 is still a big pleasure

I almost exclusively fly 109 for fighters although i have a weak spot for the Airacobra .

Most my flytime is in the Stuka , 109's of all sorts and Ju-88 though (i wish we had later versions of the Ju-88 , one of the most important and emblematic aircraft of the war )

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mortoma:
But I have a tendency to go for weaker c-r-a-p planes and put myself in challenging environments a lot. For example I might fly a Yak-9 in last days of the war against Doras, 109Ks and A9s. Now that makes for some excitement! How about flying the Mk. 1 Buffalo against Zeros and Oscars? Very difficult. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

+1 , good philosophy , same for me except that i have a favourite , anything Junkers and Messerschmitts http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif (except the 110 , i really do not like this plane , it's a flying grave )

T_O_A_D
08-18-2008, 02:53 PM

Ditto, +1

If anyones a plane ***** it would be me. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

But if I was forced to pick it would be the Dora.

Even though I'm much more effective in several others, I truly enjoy flying the Dora.

I remember when the Zero was first brought into the game, and how so many could not understand why the Buffalo killed them so easily, great fun that was.

El_clampy
08-18-2008, 03:08 PM
yak 9T for me all the way awesome plane . http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

JSG72
08-18-2008, 04:23 PM
I fly the 190A-8 in Sturmbock guise.

However "As Modelled" Does not have the armour Have tried flying with a 250kg bomb on board to realise the handling. But armour is simpley, not represented.

FW.190D-9 is bliss. To me. Now! D-11 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

JadehawkII
08-18-2008, 06:29 PM
Very simple, The one plane I have flown more than any other in Il2...

My Personal mount
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/Onyxwing2004USA/La-5FN_74.jpg

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Lead-Brick
08-18-2008, 07:05 PM
The aircraft I love the most was the aircraft I hated the most when I began flying IL-2.

Its the P39, when I started flying her I always got killed by the flat spin. Once you master her handling she is a pure joy to fly. Now, when I'm in the zone in a P39 amazing things happen like 500m kills on 109s at 90 deg deflection, one shot one hit one kill!! If only I was in the zone like that more often. The nicest thing about a P39 though is being continually underestimated.

Cheers

Leady

Janus1980
08-18-2008, 08:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lead-Brick:
The aircraft I love the most was the aircraft I hated the most when I began flying IL-2.

Its the P39, when I started flying her I always got killed by the flat spin. Once you master her handling she is a pure joy to fly. Now, when I'm in the zone in a P39 amazing things happen like 500m kills on 109s at 90 deg deflection, one shot one hit one kill!! If only I was in the zone like that more often. The nicest thing about a P39 though is being continually underestimated.

Cheers

Leady </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A very peculiar aircraft indeed , flies like no other , is very rewarding in fighter-bomber role as it is challenging but efficient once you got the patience to improve with it , great aircraft for squad tactics cause its poor climb rate forces you to be disciplined , trade altitude/energy with great care and have groups at different altitudes to overcome this , takes time to get used to that 37mm gunnery either but so effective in bombers intercept missions , i also really like its external shape , beautiful airplane , nice cockpit , very nice visibility, keeps well its energy with good aerodynamics and love the tricyle landing gear , can land anywhere , good to see people appreciating this aircraft as well as it is not flown often online probably because it is very poor above 4000meters and does not forgive mistakes , it was the most succesful fighter for the Soviet in the Eastern front i read though , was praised for its good radio , firepower and good acceleration at combat speed , cheers mate http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

chunkydora
08-19-2008, 12:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by na85:
Yak. Yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak

yak </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin

You and I have similar thought patterns, but are obsessed with a different piece of metal.

chunkydora
08-19-2008, 12:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JadehawkII:
Very simple, The one plane I have flown more than any other in Il2...

My Personal mount
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/Onyxwing2004USA/La-5FN_74.jpg

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

B E A UTIFUL! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif

Xiolablu3
08-19-2008, 03:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chunkydora:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by na85:

yak </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin Lavochkin

You and I have similar thought patterns, but are obsessed with a different piece of metal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I must say that I too am a Lavochkin man, La5/La5F/La5FN,La7 are preferable to the Yaks IMO.

Not so keen on the La5FN as I feel its very optimistically modelled, 1943? hmmm...

Great matchups...

La5/La5F vs 109G2
La7/Yak3/P63 vs Fw190D9/Me262/109K

Yaks just seem 'average' to me up until the Yak3. The Yak1 is OK in 1941. I would rather take a 1941 SPitfire V than a Yak 9D.

Fehler
08-19-2008, 05:20 AM
FW 190 (I prefer A-6 to all other versions)

Even in late war servers, you can often find me in an A-6 if the plane is available. It's nimble, probably 2nd best to Dora at high alt, but it does seem more fragile than the other antons. (I seem to get my controls disabled more in an A-6 than any other 190)

My second favorite is the Dora.

So, in order...

Fw 190A6
Fw 190D9
Fw 190A4
Fw 190A8
Fw 190A5
P-38
P-47 (All but that silly one with the cockit frame in the middle of the windshield!)
F4U

I am not much for the late war Bf 109 babyplanes, but I do like to fly the Emil.

The Me 262 and some of the bi-planes are also fun; depends on my mood.

Oh, and who can forget the mighty Stuka?!? You get a great sense of achievement if you survive a mission in on of those! Thank goodness it has trim. Set it up, go grab a beer, read a book, and take a short nap... You may be to target when you get back... hahah!

But honestly, I do fly all of them.

badatit
08-19-2008, 05:00 PM
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/Badatit/test1.jpg
P51D.

DaddyAck
08-20-2008, 12:15 AM
Bf.109 is my lady.
All variants http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

dirkpit7
08-20-2008, 02:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chunkydora:

yak </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You and I have similar thought patterns, but are obsessed with a different piece of metal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Different piece of wood you mean? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

stugumby
08-20-2008, 02:33 PM
For twin engines i prefer the Bf-110 with ab-500 cluster bombs.

For precision bombing the Pe-2.

Interceptor: Fw series/ or La-7

Point defense: yak 3 or 9 series

Sheer delight/no bad habits the a6m5a.

Planes I cant handle/hate etc, the ultimate pig the f6f5, p-51 i spin out, P-38 is my favorite twin for multi role but im always getting my booms shot off..

I_KG100_Prien
08-20-2008, 04:42 PM
Big fan of the Ju-88 and Pe-2. I like being able to do both level bombing and dive bombing.

When I feel like flying hot-rods (fighters)..

P-47
Macchi's

LovroSL
08-20-2008, 05:26 PM
Bf-109 E
macchi 202
zeke
hurri